Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 1:08:46 AM EDT
I have the Soviet National Anthem going through my head at the moment.  I think its a sign that I need to see The Hunt For Red October again.

Also, there is this weird voice saying "Schome thingsh in here don't react well to bulletsh."  Odd.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:15:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I like Clancy's books. His movies....not so much.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
I watched it earlier tonight.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:23:46 AM EDT
[#3]
I read the book and then I saw the movie.  The movie is fucking shit and it even has that fuckwad Alec Baldwin in it.  If you have a copy of that tape then burn it and pulverize the ashes with an electron accelerator and throw the remainder in a coal mine along with some dynamite for good measure.  The director of that movie should be shot in the head and have a special place in history next to Hitler.  Great book though.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:24:08 AM EDT
[#4]
i liked that movie.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:31:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Wierd, I just started reading The Hunt for Red October yesterday. Never saw the movie though.

I've read Rainbow Six and The Sum of All Fears, and loved every minute of it. I can safely say that Clancy is my favorite author.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:45:45 AM EDT
[#6]
Red October was the most close-to-the-book Clancy movie of any of them.  And as much as I dispise Alec Baldwin, I thought he made a better Ryan than Harrison Ford.  Why?  Because I could never see Ford being a paper-pushing desk-jockey.  Baldwin looks like a desk-jockey, and plays the part well.  Ford, on the other hand, looks like he is going every where to do two things:  chew bubblegum and kick ass.  And he is perpetually without gum.

If anyone should be shot, its half the people responsible for Sum of All Fears.  The only persons worth a damn was Ryan's girlfriend and DCI Cabot, Morgan Freeman.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top