Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 11:13:09 PM EDT
Frog season opened weekend before last here in Louisiana.

Aformula8U and myself hit Cross lake this past Sunday night.

We didnt invest a lot of time, but did quite well for only 2hours on the water. We ended up with 15 total, and missed about 2 each. So we could have had near 20 had we been totally sober.
All of them were well over the min legal size, with a few of them weighing close to 2lbs. The 2 I am holding are the large ones of the bunch.

We hand grabbed the majority of them, but some heavy brush forced us to use a grab, and a gig on a few of them.

Hard to have more fun for so little investment.

Me with 2 big ones

Clint with some of the lot.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:15:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a season for frogs????
 How many per day are you allowed?

Seriously though, how do they taste, and how do you cook/fry them?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:18:27 PM EDT
[#2]
lucky you! good eat'n to ya
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:19:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There is a season for frogs????  How many per day are you allowed?

Seriously though, how do they taste, and how do you cook/fry them?

Seasons generally run from early June-early Oct.

You fry the legs. The texture and taste is very much like,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

chicken.

Different tasting enough so that you know its not chicken. Its a fairly mild taste, and does not have much of a "gamey" taste to it.
They are VERY good.

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:25:32 PM EDT
[#4]
the last legs I'd bought here were imports from India. They were huge! Ohio has a season and limits now.

Years ago (20+) we would go to a big creek in Old Washington and gig enough in one night to feed 8 people. Fried in a skillet with butter,pepper,salt on wood coals.

Lots of adult beverages too
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I've eaten frog legs occasionally.  They really do taste a lot like chicken.  Consistency especially.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I've eaten frog legs occasionally.  They really do taste a lot like chicken.  Consistency especially.

I think there a bit better especially fresh.

I just got some farm raised pron? fresh water asian shrimp a farmer raised last year. I chuck hunt his property and had no idea of this here in ohio. Shit they were good fried in butter, galic,pepper, tails about 4" in length he said 10 ct. per pound. I think I need a backhoe

Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#7]
mmmm frog legs!
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn!  Them's some big frogs!!!!

We have toads that big ( bigger, really ) but FROGS???  They's huge.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 11:45:39 PM EDT
[#9]
really lot's of younger folks don't really know about good eat'n shit like this. I never had big enouth balls in my youth to stick my hands in bank holes for snapping turtles here. I sure like turtle meat though.

lot's of good eat'n stuff out there. Congrat's to those fresh legs
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:00:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just got some farm raised pron? fresh water asian shrimp a farmer raised last year. I chuck hunt his property and had no idea of this here in ohio. Shit they were good fried in butter, galic,pepper, tails about 4" in length he said 10 ct. per pound. I think I need a backhoe

So is chicken, when it is fresh.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:08:59 AM EDT
[#11]
Niiiiiice.

I could eat the bed of my truck full of frog legs. Add some fried taters, cornbread........ mmmmm mmmmmm.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 2:10:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

i think that is: prawns.  
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 3:38:20 AM EDT
[#13]
If the frogs are big enough,,,,skin, gut, and eat the whole frog!

sparky
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 11:40:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Where's my frog legs dude?
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:01:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Where's my frog legs dude?

Half the batch is in my dads stomach.

You know, they put you on a special diet for a few weeks after you have double bypass heart surgery.

Apparently, deep fried  meat was on that diet.

Link Posted: 6/17/2009 1:09:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Gawdamighty! I wanna come frog giggin with ya'll. Them look mighty damn good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top