Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/5/2002 3:50:09 PM EDT

Recently another tragic incident occurred in our city, like has so many other times before in so many other cities before. Several young males went on a speeding rampage in an affluent part of the city and ended up severely wounding many innocent people and killing an elderly couple before finally killing themselves.

No apparent motive was identified however, like so many times before, these wreckless thrillseekers used a high-speed Mustang 5.0. Automatic. Much of the media portrays this a just another "car accident" but the time has come to call this type of violence what it truly is: [b]"Assault Driving"[/b].

Did you know that 120 men, women and children are killed EVERY DAY because of cars? That's one person every 12 minutes!!

It's time to put an end to the TENS OF THOUSANDS of needless deaths each year caused by the use of [b]High-Speed Assault Cars[/b] such as the "Mustang 5.0 Automatic" or the "5-speed Corvette ", more brazenly known as "Muscle Cars".

Believe it or not, these high-speed vehicles of death are actually DESIGNED to drive at speeds well over 120mph!!

How many more "car accidents" must there be before these evil killing machines are finally banned?

I mean, nobody NEEDS a car that can drive 120mph!. These [b]High-Speed Assault Cars[/b] are made for just one thing - killing other innocent drivers - and LOTS of them.

There are plenty of other ways a person can travel about the town without resorting to such uncontrollable and destructive killing machines, such as the bicycle, the Geo Metro, or mass transit. These small, built-for-speed, people-killers have no place in our society.

But I know this is an uphill battle. The Big Auto Lobby has many conservative legislators in their back pockets and spend countless millions in TV advertising showing their [b]High-Speed Assault Cars[/b] driving at breakneck speeds and spinning out of control on wet roads. You see these ads every day! This just encourages people, mostly aggressive young males, to push these death machines to their limits.

We've tried mandatory registration, licensing and even driver's education, but still the needless and horrific carnage continues, day after day.

New traffic laws were enacted, stiffer penalties were imposed, and yet still people manage to get a hold of these [b]High-Speed Assault Cars[/b] and drive at ridiculous speeds through our streets.

Now is the time to ban the production, use and possession of family-killing cars like the Mustang or Corvette or any other so-called "Muscle Cars" and their copycats.

There is no place for these [b]High-Speed Assault Cars[/b] in our society! They MUST be banned!

And when these are finally cleared from our society, we may then have the safety and peace that we all yearn for and hope to pass on for our children.

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 3:55:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Great idea! If they do that, then I could buy a bunch of Mustangs just before the ban, and then sell them to people a few years later for a huge profit! Then if they ban another kind of vehicle, I could do it again! Oh man, the money I could make from this!

What? Why are you looking at me that way? Why is it my fault you are only allowed to drive Geo Metros now? You're just jealous because you didn't make a huge profit!

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:20:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Greeting fellow activists.

Please support our worthy cause as well.

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=147184[/url]

It is up to us to protect the world from the children, or something like that.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Clone Alert!

[:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#4]
That is:

FullyAutomaticHighspeedSuburbanAssaultVehiclesDesignedtoKill

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:27:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Nobody needs one of those high power military style assault Civics.  Nobody.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:30:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Guess I'll not only be out my guns in the future but my cars too!

Oh, go ahead and ban them Mustangs anyway, they just get in my way while I'm doing 160![:)]
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Nobody needs a  "Muscle Car" the founders set forth the right drive VWs and no other cars should be in the hands of every day folks like you and me.

In the constitution the founders lay out the right to life,libarty and the persuit of happisness.

A synonym for happisness is FARFIGNEUGAN! the persuit of happisness is the founder's instructions for us to dive small VWs that can't hurt anybody.

This has been a self serving interpretation of the constitution,tune in next week when you take a look at the word [b]IS[/b]and what it may mean.

Link Posted: 10/5/2002 5:40:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Yeah, and we can fill the pistons with concrete and sell these "demilled" high-speed cars to collectors.
Link Posted: 10/5/2002 11:40:50 PM EDT
[#10]
5-SPEED corvettes hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Where can i get one of this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top