Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/2/2004 4:26:32 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 4:40:56 PM EST by Carbine_Man]
Ladies and gentlemen (this means YOU.)

IT'S TIME TO PRAY. Right now, tonight, Thursday September 2nd.

Confess the sins of the nation. Ask God to forgive America's sins. He is not bound to forgive sins, but He will if approached through His Son.

Pray for George W. Bush. Pray for his speaking. He isn't superman, he's not perfect, and at times like this it's certain that he see's his weakness far more than his detractors.

Pray that God would SHUT THE MOUTHS of those who spread lies about the President, accuse him of evils that he has not done, attribute evil to his motives that isn't there.

Pray that God would move in the hearts of the people of this rebellious country. God would be entirely just if He let America go it's way headlong into sin and the ash heap of history.

PRAY. JUST PRAY. Now is the time. Go to a quiet place and plead with God that He would show mercy to an undeserving people.

PRAY.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:28:42 PM EST
Good call.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:29:06 PM EST

It's time to pray.

It always is.

But yes, now is a particularly important time. Pray, and have Faith that those prayers will be heard and answered.

And remember Sarge's prediction...45 states. It'll happen, if we can pool together a mustard seed's worth of faith.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:30:00 PM EST
Your thread reminds me of the church when they say that praying will bring god to your side as the enemy slaughters you. Sometimes you need more than prayer, you need to be proactive and to get your ass out and fight the good fight.

Pray to your Gods about Bush, but get your asses out and do something for him, otherwise you will have no peace for 4 years if he loses. Fight the good fight out there people! Start volunteering!!!!

Beat the barbarians back from the gate for another 4 years of killing hajis and defending our country from extinction.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:35:08 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:35:30 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 4:37:22 PM EST by Carbine_Man]

Originally Posted By Balzac72:
Pray to your Gods about Bush, but get your asses out and do something for him, otherwise you will have no peace for 4 years if he loses. Fight the good fight out there people! Start volunteering!!!!

Hmm, do something, like giving away the equivalent of several fine rifles worth of funds to GWB's election campaign? You mean like manning the phone banks to get out the vote?

I have already done the above.

Now back to the THREAD: PRAY!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:36:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By EricTheHun:
Amen to that, Brother Carbin_Man!

Eric The(AmenAndAmen!)Hun

+1
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:37:57 PM EST
Good call...daily from now to the election
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:40:37 PM EST
If I had the slightest misconception it would do any good, I would.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:44:13 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 4:44:43 PM EST by Backstop]

Originally Posted By Balzac72:
Sometimes you need more than prayer, you need to be proactive and to get your ass out and fight the good fight.

My philosophy: Pray hard and work hard (proactive, fight the good fight, etc.). You can't go wrong.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:49:57 PM EST
I may be just a college kid, but i believe what Carbine_Man had to say. Prayer can be extremely powerful in these type of situations. We are all out there helping and supporting Bush in some way, but what we also need to do is realize we need more help. A stronger persuassion. This can only come from God. So i will follow what has been said, and pray that we will be able to have our excellent president around for four more years.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:52:33 PM EST
I really doubt any supreme being, should one exist, really cares about the 2004 presidential election in the United States of America.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:54:07 PM EST
Remember what the good Senator Miller said last night in his speech?

"George Bush is a man that is the same on Saturday night as he is on Sunday morning."

Miller's speech will go down in history as one of the classics.

CMOS
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:55:54 PM EST
I will pray for these things. Actively and often.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:56:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By dnra:
If I had the slightest misconception it would do any good, I would.

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:56:53 PM EST

Originally Posted By Zippy_The_Wonderdog:
I really doubt any supreme being, should one exist, really cares about the 2004 presidential election in the United States of America.

He exists, and He cares DEEPLY about how it turns out.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:58:21 PM EST
Yawn.

Prove it, using objective logic.

Originally Posted By arowneragain:

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:01:32 PM EST
Excellent thread! Thanks Carbine_Man.

Prayers sent....
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:22:16 PM EST
While we're all at it keep those Russian Schoolchildren being held Hostage in your prayers also.

I pray to God that that kind of Terrorism never comes to our Country.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:29:43 PM EST
While you are praying for America, don't forget to pray for Florida--they will need it.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:32:44 PM EST
I actually did pray for him today.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:35:19 PM EST

Yawn.

He wants his children to be happy for one, liberals are not his children. They can't be, it goes against his word.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:35:47 PM EST

Yawn.

If that's a genuine request, IM me. I'll do the best I can. If it's an attempt to start a dead-end discussion, I'll have to pass.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:41:12 PM EST

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:
He wants his children to be happy for one, liberals are not his children. They can't be, it goes against his word.

What do you mean by that?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:41:44 PM EST
Great thread. Thanks for the reminder.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:44:12 PM EST
incoming!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:47:39 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/2/2004 5:49:19 PM EST by Jeeper21]

Originally Posted By Carbine_Man:
Ladies and gentlemen (this means YOU.)

IT'S TIME TO PRAY. Right now, tonight, Thursday September 2nd.

Confess the sins of the nation. Ask God to forgive America's sins. He is not bound to forgive sins, but He will if approached through His Son.

Pray for George W. Bush. Pray for his speaking. He isn't superman, he's not perfect, and at times like this it's certain that he see's his weakness far more than his detractors.

Pray that God would SHUT THE MOUTHS of those who spread lies about the President, accuse him of evils that he has not done, attribute evil to his motives that isn't there.

Pray that God would move in the hearts of the people of this rebellious country. God would be entirely just if He let America go it's way headlong into sin and the ash heap of history.

PRAY. JUST PRAY. Now is the time. Go to a quiet place and plead with God that He would show mercy to an undeserving people.

PRAY.

That sounds nice and all... but I think a more meaningful prayer would be that all of mankind could set aside petty differences. Put away the need for silly election games between mere mortals who know nothing of the true spirit of life, stop building a society on the stilts of greed: putting money above any other virtue. AND... focus on following the one TRUE law. That of God. That is what this country really needs.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:52:03 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jeeper21:

Originally Posted By MrClean4Hire:

What do you mean by that?

Christians are Gods children, A Christian by definition can't be a liberal, it goes against God's word.
Top Top