Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 9:44:43 AM EDT
Some time ago, the family business was broken into.

The theif made off with the digital camera that I use for my ebay pictures.

So, I bought a new camera.

Monday, UPS delivered my camera.

Someone named 'DHALLIAH'.

Signed for it.

Odd - I was there when it was 'delivered' and

1) the brown truck of happiness (credit: Old_Painless) never came into the parking lot, and
2) Nobody by that name works for me.

So.....does anyone have the secret phone number we use to talk to live human beings at UPS?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:47:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I really feel lucky. I get the same UPS driver for just about every delivery. Hell, he knows my wife and I by name.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#2]
just dial the 800 number and do nothing else, If you hit any numbers they know you have a touch tone phone. If you don't hit anything they will think you have a rotary and some one will pick up. might take about 3 or 4 minutes
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I really feel lucky. I get the same UPS driver for just about every delivery. Hell, he knows my wife and I by name.

I used to.

I called the local UPS shipper, who I do a good deal of business with (not lately, but earlier in the year we did a ton of business, they're good people) and she said to forward her the tracking number and she'd handle it.

I called the 1-800-pickups number and went through that runaround. Needless to say, i didn't get to speak to a human.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry old buddy.

Sounds like the Brown Truck of Sadness.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Wow, the "Big brown truck" delivered to the wrong address.

I see the UPS guy that delivers around my house, and he knows my name and say hello when I run into him at the nieghborhood supermarket. He learned my name in my days when I had boxes and boxes of bullets and ammo delivered to my house.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:53:14 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Sorry old buddy.

Sounds like the Brown Truck of Sadness.

Nah - in the last few weeks, the 'UPStruck' has been a source of constant joy. There's a spiffy new AR upper, an Eotech, a pentagonlight, some magazines - all kinds of goodies.

But I can't post pictures of my new toys until my camera shows up........
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:53:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:54:12 AM EDT
[#8]
The UPS driver here is my daughter's Godfather
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I bet you a race card is a factor here, somewhere...

Nah - I'm not worried about this one yet.

Remember last year's thread between me, UPS, and Model 1 Sales?

If I could search the archives from work, i'd dig up the link and post it. It seems like that occurred right around Labor Day last year.

UPS came through for me then - I'm confident they';ll do it again.

But I sure would like to have my camera. I've got a ton of stuff that needs to be sold on eBay, but no camera to take pictures with......
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:55:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

So.....does anyone have the secret phone number we use to talk to live human beings at UPS?

Just keep pushing zero when you call thier 800 number ....

Which cam did you buy?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:01:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just keep pushing zero when you call thier 800 number ....

Which cam did you buy?

Nikon Coolpix 5600.

My old camera was a Nikon Coolpix 2200.

It was a great camera in every regard.

I didn't hesitate to buy another Nikon.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:01:54 AM EDT
[#12]
What ever happened between you, UPS, and Model 1 sales?

As a driver of the big brown truck of happiness, I was wondering how that turned out.

Call your local office and have them ask that driver exactly where he delivered that pkg. He may have given it to someone and then made up the last name because he couldn't read it. May have been a coverage driver also that just took it to the wrong place.

Don't ever call the 800 number. It is a total waste of time on both ends.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Nikon Coolpix 5600.

My old camera was a Nikon Coolpix 2200.

It was a great camera in every regard.

I didn't hesitate to buy another Nikon.

cool (I always seem to hijack these threads), I was eyeballing that one. I love the Nikons. I have a 2500, 3500 and a 4500. I want to upgrade again.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:06:03 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
What ever happened between you, UPS, and Model 1 sales?

As a driver of the big brown truck of happiness, I was wondering how that turned out.

Call your local office and have them ask that driver exactly where he delivered that pkg. He may have given it to someone and then made up the last name because he couldn't read it. May have been a coverage driver also that just took it to the wrong place.

Don't ever call the 800 number. It is a total waste of time on both ends.

Who do you call?  just go to the local hub?

I recently ordered 3000 Sierra .357 170 JHC bullets, of which they dont make any more so i bought the last stock I could find. UPS took three weeks to deliver! I was freaking over it! (cannot be replaced).  .calling the 800 number WAS useless, she said "just give us another 30 days", I said, "ok, I'll call back Monday, bye."

This was during hurricane Katrina ...... I just didnt like the lack of info. she could have said: "they are in the hub, safe and sound, we are backlogged, will delivery ASAP"
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been sitting here today in my empty house, waiting for these fuckers to deliver my bed.  I'm already 2.5 hours late for work (thank god my boss is understanding) and every minute that goes by is less $$ in my paycheck this month.  Cable company had no problem showing up on time - but UPS has had my bed for 1 week, and I told them specifically to deliver in the AM today.  They'll probably show up 2 minutes after I leave today for work.  And of course, they won't drop it off without a signature.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:32:49 AM EDT
[#16]
How come I never get an invitation to your annual fall fiasco?

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:33:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

to qualify, you have to buy him something expensive and ship it to him via UPS ....
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:34:51 AM EDT
[#18]
I think all the stuff bound for Katrina that was in the system as the storm was about to hit, was turned around and shipped back to the sender.

There are effected areas, goto the UPS website and see if you may have been one of the zip codes effected.

As for the big brown truck of happiness, it's great for customers when that gutless 6 cylinder truck comes pulling into the driveway but being an employee with that company tends to universally suck.    I meet VERY few people who are truely happy with their job at UPS, interact with around 90 of them a day since I work at UPS.

As far as talking to the hub, get somebody in their security department to investigate just what the hell happened and who signed for the package.    Especially if the camera was something like a high value controlled package.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

to qualify, you have to buy him something expensive and ship it to him via UPS ....

Oh.

Forget that.  

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 11:44:02 AM EDT
[#20]
mild update:

I had to call the seller/shipper and get them to initiate the trace.

UPS called them back, telling her that whoever signed for the package has signed for packages in the past.

At this point, I groaned, remembering the fiasco with Model 1 sales last year, when I was told that whoever signed for my package with them had signed for others before.

Now I'm on the other end of the deal - but there were only 2 people in the store other than myself.

1 was my dad, the other was a lady who has worked for us since day 1. Both of them would have absolutely tripped over themselves getting a package to me - they knew I was waiting on it to be delivered.

neither of them remember the UPS truck coming in.

Anyway, I pretty well BEGGED the seller to put me intouch with whoever it was at UPS that she had been talking to. I know from experience that the only way to get something like this resolved is to push, and push hard. I hope to get a driver on the store property by tomorrow to verify that he delivered the package there - and then get him to point out whoever he delivered it to.

Hopefully, at athat point I'll be able to get him to say 'oops, I actually delivered it next door' or something to that effect.

*sigh*

Meanwhile, the 'new' is already wore off of my new M4gery, and I haven't even posted pics of it yet.......
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:38:20 AM EDT
[#21]
update:

Yesterday, after I was told that whoever signed for my package had signed for it before, I requested a fax of said signature, along with other instances of the same signature from the past.

I noticed on the fax that yes, the signatures were similar - only problem was that they had all WENT TO ANOTHER ADRESS!

Long story short, after a few phone calls, I sent my dad (who was at the store yesterday - I wasn't) a mile down the road to a gas station, where he picked up my new camera, right where it had been mis-delivered.

Oh well - all's well that ends well.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:42:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
update:

Yesterday, after I was told that whoever signed for my package had signed for it before, I requested a fax of said signature, along with other instances of the same signature from the past.

I noticed on the fax that yes, the signatures were similar - only problem was that they had all WENT TO ANOTHER ADRESS!

Long story short, after a few phone calls, I sent my dad (who was at the store yesterday - I wasn't) a mile down the road to a gas station, where he picked up my new camera, right where it had been mis-delivered.

Take pics of your new camera with your new camera and post pics.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:43:47 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
update:

Take pics of your new camera with your new camera and post pics.

I took picturees of my 'new' evil black rifle last night, but I can't access the photo server from where I'm at right now. Maybe tonight.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:47:06 AM EDT
[#24]
This is Bush's fault.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:49:46 AM EDT
[#25]
That's what you get for continuing to use UPS.

FedEx my man... they are the shit!

I started using them about 3 years ago for all my shipping needs & I haven't looked back.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:55:31 AM EDT
[#26]
holy shit, glad that worked out for you! i remember your model 1 thread...

you gonna call the ups idiots back and read 'em the riot act?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
holy shit, glad that worked out for you! i remember your model 1 thread...

you gonna call the ups idiots back and read 'em the riot act?

Nah, i can live with an occasional mistake.

Besides, I ship most of my stuff USPS nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#28]
God hates you.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:49:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top