Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/20/2012 3:07:33 PM EST
But it can't be a semi or select fire. What firearms would you choose? Bolt action, lever action, pump action, and revolvers are what you can choose from.

Keep in mind ammo availability, parts, reliability, and this one firearm has to meet all your needs.

Me, I'd probably either choose a Remington 870 or that Remington pump rifle that takes AR mags. I her they are fairly reliable if you don't short stroke it.

So, what would you choose?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:07:54 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:08:34 PM EST
Something lever action in .357 or .44mag
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:09:21 PM EST
Lever action.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:09:44 PM EST
My Marlin 336.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:09:46 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 3:12:17 PM EST by pilotman]
I would forgo the 870 because both specimens I've owned have been jam o matics.

With that said...

Was going to choose single shot shotgun, without that option I'll go Benelli Nova Pump.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:09:51 PM EST
Gatling mounted on the back of a wagon
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:10:42 PM EST
RPD is not select fire. If you know where to shop in the apocolypse.....
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:10:55 PM EST
rifled blackpowdered rifle.....speedballs.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:11:03 PM EST
Originally Posted By Some_Beach:
Gatling mounted on the back of a wagon

I like the cut of your jib!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:11:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

It is however semi, so not allowed
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:11:55 PM EST
Rem 870 12GA
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:12:34 PM EST
Probably a K98.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:14:01 PM EST
Lever action because it can be fired faster than a bolt action.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:19:03 PM EST
Bolt action centerfire. KISS.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:19:53 PM EST
M1903A3.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:21:48 PM EST
Originally Posted By HiramRanger:
Originally Posted By iwouldntknow:

It is however semi, so not allowed

Not the ones I'm talking about.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:22:33 PM EST
Stupid poll is stupid. I hate these damn polls that don't allow the choice you'd actually make to even be considered.
Lever action centerfire given the options.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:23:51 PM EST
Originally Posted By paadams:
Stupid poll is stupid. I hate these damn polls that don't allow the choice you'd actually make to even be considered.

Well than petition Goatboy for limitless options in polls. You could tell us what you'd choose if you're so inclined.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:27:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 3:28:45 PM EST by TinLeg]
I'd have to think long and hard about a flintlock rifle.

Simple. Consumables easily scrounged or made. Variety of ammo choices.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:27:47 PM EST
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:28:51 PM EST
Glock 19
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:29:09 PM EST
My choice isn't on the list. Ma Deuce with a truckload of ammo.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:30:17 PM EST
Lever in .357. I'd hope to find a revolver chambered for it later.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:30:20 PM EST
Winchester mdl 94, in .30-30 just because that's what I've shot for the past 34 or so years. There may be better choices, but if so John Browning designed it
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:31:37 PM EST
If you don't have FA on the morning of TEOTWAWKI, you will have one by dusk.

(or you won't be around to see the next morning, in which case who gives a fuck?)
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:32:25 PM EST

Originally Posted By snoopaloop:
Something lever action in .357 or .44mag

This.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:34:16 PM EST
12ga pump for me.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:34:38 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 3:35:49 PM EST by paadams]

Well than petition Goatboy for limitless options in polls. You could tell us what you'd choose if you're so inclined.

I've seen to many petitions lately, I'll pass.

AR of course with one of my Glocks as a side arm. When given a choice, why take something limited to 5 rounds when you have 30? Especially when you'll need them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:37:07 PM EST
My 90 year old bolt action single shot 22lr. Accurate enough to keep me fed, dead simple construction, very easy to improvise a silencer if needed, and I can carry a shitload of ammo in my pockets. And just about any old pickup truck you find will have some loose rounds stuck somewhere in it, so ammo can be scrounged pretty easy.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:38:02 PM EST

AR of course with one of my Glocks as a side arm. When given a choice, why take something limited to 5 rounds when you have 30? Especially when you'll need them.

Because the exercise is to get you to think of what you would choose if an AR or other modern military style rifle was not an option.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:39:44 PM EST
I like the pump shotgun because of the versatility of it, you can shoot slugs or shot in varying sizes. With a rifle you have greater distance but less versatility.
What about different barrels for the shotguns?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:40:54 PM EST

Because the exercise is to get you to think of what you would choose if an AR or other modern military style rifle was not an option.
You should know that reading is not important in GD.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:41:12 PM EST
Originally Posted By corymc:
I like the pump shotgun because of the versatility of it, you can shoot slugs or shot in varying sizes. With a rifle you have greater distance but less versatility.
What about different barrels for the shotguns?

I'm sure you could scrounge barrels, especially for the more common models.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:41:16 PM EST

Yeah but it's always an option. I would venture to guess 90% of people on the board have them if not more than one.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:41:23 PM EST
But it can't be a semi or select fire. What firearms would you choose? Bolt action, lever action, pump action, and revolvers are what you can choose from.

Keep in mind ammo availability, parts, reliability, and this one firearm has to meet all your needs.

Me, I'd probably either choose a Remington 870 or that Remington pump rifle that takes AR mags. I her they are fairly reliable if you don't short stroke it.

stupid poll is stupid.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:42:01 PM EST
will there be zombies?

eh........870 either way
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:42:03 PM EST
My Dan Wesson 445 Super Mag revolver with interchangeable barrels. It'll take any game in North America and works fine for defense using lighter 44 special or magnum loads.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:42:06 PM EST
Originally Posted By TinLeg:
I'd have to think long and hard about a flintlock rifle.

Simple. Consumables easily scrounged or made. Variety of ammo choices.

I had thought about a flintlock combination gun, maybe something breach-loading that can be used as a muzzle-loader if it absolutely came down to it. One barrel smoothbore, the other one rifled.

For a modern firearm it would be a bolt-action centre-fire rifle, probably in .30-06 or .308, in some sort of scout rifle configuration (i.e., a light and handy piece).
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:42:11 PM EST
870, long short big or small
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:43:16 PM EST
Lever action center fire.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:43:27 PM EST
Originally Posted By corymc:

You should know that reading is not important in GD.

Reading of what? There was no explanation of why he limited the options.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:43:42 PM EST
Originally Posted By Howie_Phelterbush:

stupid poll is stupid.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:43:42 PM EST

Yeah but it's always an option. I would venture to guess 90% of people on the board have them if not more than one.

Go away. For this purpose it's not an option. Fuck, assume you live in a place where they aren't legal. Assume they were never invented.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:45:13 PM EST
45/70 lever....it's the end of the world and I feel fine...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:45:57 PM EST

Go away. For this purpose it's not an option. Fuck, assume you live in a place where they aren't legal. Assume they were never invented.

Yeah OK.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:46:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 3:46:43 PM EST by The_Macallan]

Whatever would best allow me to "acquire" yours from your cold dead hands.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:47:19 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/20/2012 3:51:08 PM EST by Plattekill]
You are indeed correct, sir. A pump action centerfire. If it was good enough for James Earl Ray...

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:48:02 PM EST
I will use a bolt action, then have a fine selection of battle field pick-ups of semi and full auto weapons.

I will survive doomsday!
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:48:55 PM EST
Silenced 300 Trollslayer.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:52:57 PM EST
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top