Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2005 9:50:26 PM EDT
Mom was diagnosed with having 6 tumours on her brain today, which explains the frequent severe headaches.

Hell, she doesn't have insurance so this is really gonna be a pain in the arse to get treated.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]

Never give up knowing that she can pull through and beat this. It's not going to be easy, but many have done it.

If I remember right, you're around my age (20), I can't imagine what I would do if the same thing happened to my mother. You have my complete support.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:54:46 PM EDT
[#2]
damn that sucks! i wish the best for you and your mom!
check with your local health dept. they maybe able to help or point you to someone that can.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:56:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Best wishes. Stay strong and keep a positive attitude for your mother. It's proven to help recovery.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:02:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear such bad news, I will say a prayer for both of you tonight
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Never give up knowing that she can pull through and beat this. It's not going to be easy, but many have done it.

If I remember right, you're around my age (20), I can't imagine what I would do if the same thing happened to my mother. You have my complete support.

My mom's not even 50 years old and I'm not even 20  yet (birthday a few days ago). I should not have to be saying this for another 20 or 30 years.  

I hope God can work his will and heal my mom. I pray every night that he does, because my mom means the world to me.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:08:55 PM EDT
[#6]
I am very sorry . My prayers are with you and your mom. stay strong and never stop believing
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:17:57 PM EDT
[#7]
wow, thats a hard one to deal with. Sorry to hear faded. Will be added to prayers.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:22:23 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

My mom's not even 50 years old and I'm not even 20  yet (birthday a few days ago). I should not have to be saying this for another 20 or 30 years.  

I hope God can work his will and heal my mom. I pray every night that he does, because my mom means the world to me.

Ben

Never lose faith that it can be beaten. My sister was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer in her lower intestine. It had spread to her lymph nodes. Her initial 8 months of chemo didn't beat it, and she had to undergo an ICE treatment (each letter stands for a brutal round of chemo) in three days. In the end she did 14 months of chemo and has been cancer-free for over 4 years. Most importantly you need to be there for your mother and never give up on her. Tell her 3 times a day you love her and are there for her. But NEVER give up or lose the faith.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

dito (22)

My dad is going through something similar with his sister.

I really can't imagine what it would be like for me if one of my parents had it.  

Prayers sent
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:29:37 PM EDT
[#10]
damn bro thats tuff.  prayers for you and the family.  attitude is everything so keep the attitude up for her!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#11]
OMG! I am so sorry bro... My prayers are with her and your family.

What is with all the Cancer threads lately??? Something aint right.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:35:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

+1 on the prayers....

ditto on the cancer threads.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Prayers to you and your mom.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:15:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:20:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Hope you all get through this Ok.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:51:20 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's God's will. He's got some divine reason for this, something that is beyond my comprehension. Maybe those few who he has chosen for this will emerge stronger?

Ben
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Prayers sent.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:01:38 PM EDT
[#18]
GAMMA KNIFE ASAP
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:03:31 PM EDT
[#19]
My prayers will be sent.  Take care...
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:05:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Mom was diagnosed with having 6 tumours on her brain today, which explains the frequent severe headaches.

Hell, she doesn't have insurance so this is really gonna be a pain in the arse to get treated.

Ben

Don't take this the wrong way, but I don't pray for the situations of people I don't know over the internet.. not because they don't deserve it, but it just seemed creepy and insincere to be praying for someone you've never met and could be BSing you.

That being said.. since it's your Mom and YOUR prayers that matter most right now, I will simply pray for God to answer the prayers of those close to him, and His will be done.

Not trying to get this sent to the Religion forum, just being honest.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:05:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Friend, I lost my father to mesothelioma when I was 15. He was 49.

Cancer sucks.

All I can offer are my prayers and whatever encouragement I can offer to spend as much time as possible with your family at this trying time. When the time comes, your Mother will be comforted in the arms of the Lord, and she will not suffer.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:06:13 PM EDT
[#22]
my prayers are with you...god bless
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:06:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks Stealth. Went with my mom today and washed out her truck. It was great spending time with my mom.....

Ben (Carwash)
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I will be praying for you and your family tonight.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#25]
My prayers are with you and your mother.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#26]
My thoughts and prayers are with your Mom, your family and you. It's heartbreaking.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 9:52:33 PM EDT
[#27]
My mother when I was about 16 was diagnosed with cancer, She had a tumor the size of a baseball in her brain I belive the front lobe. She was treated and survived. It isn't a death sentence It is very horrible thing to experience a loved one getting cancer or even a tumor. My father was diagnosed 4 years before my mother with pancreatic cancer so I have some exp in the area of parents getting sick.

Just stay strong and do a lot of research California has some good places and if it means selling a home or a car or everything you have to pay for it do it. It is worth every dime to spend even an hour extra with a loved one, I would sell everything I own and move to the street simply to have had one extra hour with my father. Money can be made again, but life is precious.

Spend all the time with your mother and keep her strong and she will live her natural life time and not be taken by this. Just don't act depressed around her and keep things upbeat let her know your by her side no matter what and do not let her give up.

Stay Strong

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 3:45:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Ben,

I'm sorry to hear of your mom's plight. It breaks my heart.

My mom was 46 when she finally succumbed to her brain tumor. I was 21. This was June 7, 1981. I've spent more than ½ my life without my mom. She was taken way too soon. Even 19 (my sister's age) - 21 is too young to lose your mom, or dad.

I'll say many prayers for your mom, you and your family.

My mom did battle her cancer. She fought it tooth and nail the whole time. She was given a few (6ish) months and lasted almost 2 yrs. She was not afraid to try new surgical procedures or new chemo treatments. What the hell did she have to lose? Your mom can fight this and not give in. Attitude is very important when dealing with cancer. She may beat it into submission, or she may not. But with the right attitude she will stay around longer. That's about the only guarantee with fighting cancer.

Feel free to IM or e-mail, we can exchange phone numbers if you like, if you want someone to talk to. Please don't think you have to go through this alone. You don't, talk to someone. Talking helps.

Take care of her Ben. Be strong for her.

Greg
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#29]

I get daily prayer requests in my email, and attend a weekly prayer service, where people share requests.
I'm always amazed and shocked at the number of reqests for people with cancer.

If we get 10 requests for people with health problems, 8 are for cancer.
(But, we live down river from Oak Ridge.)
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:46:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Buy her lance armstorngs its not about the bike to read---it will help her!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Sorry to hear of this.   Have you considered contacting United Way, MD Anderson or perhps other local facilities to see if they have programs that can assist?  Your mom may be able to get great help, but you need to do some legwork.  
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#32]
God bless you and your mom, she will need you now more than ever, be strong for her and show her that she can beat this! Our prayers are with you always.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Prayers sent for your mom and all her family
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:26:35 PM EDT
[#34]
Tumours are cancerous. Learned that from an MRI. She qualifies for financial assistance though, some consolation.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:28:28 PM EDT
[#35]
If it's disabling, she is eligible for medicare/medicaid.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 3:38:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top