Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/11/2003 7:02:41 PM EDT
As of 19:26 hrs, on this, the 11th day of December 2003, my divorce from this society is final, I am done.  I have had it.  Chalk another on up for The World.  She wins.

I have decided to let everything lapse.  My voter's registration card will expire, (actually I just tore it up) I will not vote again.  Things like my NRA membership, my CCW, and drivers license, will run their course this year, and die.  I withdraw.  I'm not filing a tax return this year, and I've made my last mortgage payment.  It was never my property anyway, I've just been renting it from the government.  They can keep my cars too.  I hope it costs the bank more to repossess them and sell them at auction than they are worth.  

My only plan for the future is to sit back and watch as this country musters the cowardice to pull the trigger of the gun that it placed in it's own mouth years ago.  Freedom was only a pipedream anyway.  Hell, speaking of pipedreams, I may be too drunk, or too stoned, or both, to even notice, and hopefully numb enough not to care.  Shit, I honestly don't care right now, and I'm stone sober.  We are reaping EXACTLY what we deserve.  I have no sympathy for us.  Besides, my new mantras are, "I don't care.", "Whatever...", and "Fuck you."

I know this is a pathetic and futile little anouncement on my part, but you know what?  "I don't care."  "Whatever..." and "Fuck you."  Sometimes it's just nice to hear the sound of you own voice bounce off the walls of an empty room.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Later.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:08:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Welcome to my world.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Buh bye...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:12:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Wow,you have a real bad attitude on life!What are you saying,we should all just give up?
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll buy all of your AR's for a dollar.

No really.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Ah yes.

Better living through apathy.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
... You sound like you're in a perfect position to sell off everything, buy a Harley and hit the road.  It does wonders for the soul if you're really as hopeless as you're making yourself out to be.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
so your giving up everything you have and letting the MAN win. What killed you drive man. I'm sorry but as much crap is going on in the world this country is not lost yet.

I be hard pressed to bail on society.

mike
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:20:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As of 19:26 hrs, on this, the 11th day of December 2003, my divorce from this society is final, I am done.  I have had it.  Chalk another on up for The World.  She wins.

I have decided to let everything lapse.  My voter's registration card will expire, (actually I just tore it up) I will not vote again.  Things like my NRA membership, my CCW, and drivers license, will run their course this year, and die.  I withdraw.  I'm not filing a tax return this year, and I've made my last mortgage payment.  It was never my property anyway, I've just been renting it from the government.  They can keep my cars too.  I hope it costs the bank more to repossess them and sell them at auction than they are worth.  

My only plan for the future is to sit back and watch as this country musters the cowardice to pull the trigger of the gun that it placed in it's own mouth years ago.  Freedom was only a pipedream anyway.  Hell, speaking of pipedreams, I may be too drunk, or too stoned, or both, to even notice, and hopefully numb enough not to care.  Shit, I honestly don't care right now, and I'm stone sober.  We are reaping EXACTLY what we deserve.  I have no sympathy for us.  Besides, my new mantras are, "I don't care.", "Whatever...", and "Fuck you."

I know this is a pathetic and futile little anouncement on my part, but you know what?  "I don't care."  "Whatever..." and "Fuck you."  Sometimes it's just nice to hear the sound of you own voice bounce off the walls of an empty room.
View Quote

Pussy!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:22:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I know EXACTLY where you’re coming from and I have to admit that I’m getting closer to that point every day.

I’m planning on selling my house in urban SoCal in the next few months, paying off all my debts (including all the child support I owe up to 2011 when my daughter turns 18) and heading to WA, ID, MT or WY.  Some land in the middle of fucking nowhere, a very small home with minimal needs, plenty of “stuff” stored for the future and just watch it implode over the next few years.

There’s very little an “average Joe” like myself can do to stop this runaway train.  The best thing we can do is be prepared both physically and psychologically to depend on our own self-reliance, expecting minimal or no support from the “outside world”.  Doesn’t mean you have to be a hermit living in the bomb shelter every day for the rest of you life, you can still participate in the world, but you need to be ready should that become necessary.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:24:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
... You sound like you're in a perfect position to sell off everything, buy a Harley and hit the road.  It does wonders for the soul if you're really as hopeless as you're making yourself out to be.

View Quote

Go for it, I've always wanted to do that.

Forget the Harley though, you need to conserve money and the repair costs would put a nice dent in the wallet. HAHAHAHA!! Oh Man. Wooo.

Go Japaneese, get a suzuki sv650 or a triumph speed triple.
I was just joking about the Harley, calm down.

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:27:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Go and rent yourself a whore.
Its amazing what a new piece of ass will do for
your state of mind after a bad break up.
Sell your wife's jewelry to pay for it too!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:27:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I will never give up !!
I refuse to give the pricks the satisfaction.
I will continue to be that festering thorn in their collective sides.
[img]www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/shootout.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:31:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Any good watches to sell?

I feel your passion...I just havent fallen off the razors edge yet
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:33:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Hang out with the WA crew more. They're going to teh gunshow in Puyallup this weekend then getting drunk. It'll be fun!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:34:33 PM EDT
[#16]
As you do all of the above that you mentioned, shit, why not feel good as you descend into the abyss , try -- crack, heroin, I mean what you got to lose right.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:35:53 PM EDT
[#17]
[red][i]<>[/i][/red]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:37:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:37:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

-Dylan Thomas

Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#20]
I dare say it's been a while since you've been to Church.

Go visit one.

The Gospel still changes peoples minds.

You're starving for food for your spirit.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 7:46:48 PM EDT
[#21]
try reading Claire Wolfe's [b][red]101 things to do until the Revolution[/b][/red]

I think you'd enjoy it, since you are already doing many of the things she suggests
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Hang out with the WA crew more. They're going to teh gunshow in Puyallup this weekend then getting drunk. It'll be fun!
View Quote

Or Indiana:
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=30&t=174588&w=myTopicPop[/url]
(read the last three posts) [:D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:35:51 PM EDT
[#23]
[img]http://www.hunt101.com/img/069098.jpg[/img]

can i have your guns, i mean you're not gonna need them in jail anyway
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:39:39 PM EDT
[#24]
you sound like one of the "goth" kids from southpark on last nights episode.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:43:47 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
you sound like one of the "goth" kids from southpark on last nights episode.
View Quote

LoL! [:D]
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#26]
Are you a diver or a Van Halen fan?

If you're a diver you can do what my uncle told me he'd do if he ever got to the point in his old age that he had no purpose to continue, i.e.: getting so old that he was starting to degrade.  He said he'd strap on double 100Cube tanks, and see just how deep he could go...
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#27]
I bet he wont do it.
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 9:39:59 PM EDT
[#28]
Don't be a pussy- whatever happened to the old
"Blaze of Glory'??? huh???
On to Valhalla!!!!
Link Posted: 12/11/2003 10:19:01 PM EDT
[#29]
You guys are reading a little too much into what he's saying....geez.....

Diver, go shootin' and afterwards, have a beer, relax, and then go follow ILL's advice [:)]
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:13:05 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
[url]http://www.hunt101.com/img/069098.jpg[/url]

can i have your guns, i mean you're not gonna need them in jail anyway
View Quote

Sorry Absolut,

As of this weekend, all but two of my collection will have been sold.  Too bad you don't know me, you missed some [b][i]smokin'[/i][/b] deals.

As for jail, I will never see the inside of a jail.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Diverdown, I hear what you're saying. What happened to make you feel like this. I don't mean what happened in politics, or anything like that. I mean what happened in your life to make you feel the way you do? I'm interested and will listen to what you have to say. If you want to IM me, that's fine. You don't know me, but I'm happy to listen if you want to talk. I've got plenty of time. I'll IM you my phone number. If you call me, I'll call you right back. I get free minutes after nine so no big deal. You can call at any time, my wife works night shift and I stay up late with my dog surfin' the internet.  If you want to IM me your number I'll call you. I hope you call. I get bored and could use some conversation.

2IDdoc
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:34:23 PM EDT
[#32]
All these threats and you still have internet service and a computer? [chainsawkill]

Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:38:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Why don't you guys all just lay off? You're all real tough and witty and everything. No reason to kick someone when they're down. I'm pretty suprised at a lot of you.
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:43:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm pretty suprised at a lot of you.
View Quote

I'm not...
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 9:57:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Why don't you guys all just lay off? You're all real tough and witty and everything. No reason to kick someone when they're down. I'm pretty suprised at a lot of you.
View Quote

Don't sweat 'em 2IDdoc, I'm not.  Besides, as I said, my new attitude is, "Fuck you.",  "I don't care.", and "Whatever...", in that order.  The World has a standing invitation to kiss my ass, and these guys are part of that world.  Besides, I'm not down, I'm just done.  There's a difference.  
Link Posted: 12/12/2003 10:10:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Ever  see that movie "Falling Down"?

[img]http://www.littleman.com/images/5/143865.jpg[/img]

Yeah....I feel like that....ALOT!!

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:06:45 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Ever  see that movie "Falling Down"?

[url]http://www.littleman.com/images/5/143865.jpg[/url]

Yeah....I feel like that....ALOT!!

Sgtar15
View Quote

... Yup. Was going though a divorce when I first saw this movie. I worked in the defense indusry too. I cried at the end.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:22:59 AM EDT
[#38]
So now what are ya gonna do? You gonna stop showering, start talking to yourself and grow a lot of hair? Stand on street corners asking for beers and money?

Gonna live on welfare, a ward of the state?

Good god man, snap out of it.

Smell the air, the trees the flowers. See the wildlife, get out of the city. Do something worthwhile and for the love of man, quit whining on an internet discussion board!

The world will still turn, with or without you.

[size=1][white]Glad I could be of assistance.[/white][/size=1]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:33:05 AM EDT
[#39]
The more I read your post the angrier I got. At first I identified with your anger. Then I felt sorry for you and after thinking about what you said, I started to get pissed...

You know why? (You'll probably spew one of your "mantra's, but I'm going to say what I have to say and like you, I don't care)

I sure am glad our soldiers that are fighting for you and I don't have your attitude. I bet the ones who died so you have the freedom to vote wish they could vote.

I'm glad my brother, who was just diagnosed with cancer, isn't giving up. He's fighting it with everything he has. That's the true measure of a man... One that will look adversity in the face and kick its ass!

If you are truly giving up, why would you write it here? Are you looking for sympathy? Pity? Or are you just a sniveling pussy?

Get some help man, because with an attitude like yours, the world is going to eat you alive... You know why? Because she has had your attitude and has spewed your mantra's LONG before you did!

Edited to say: The above sounds harsh. And it is. But, I have been where you are. I'm not going to go through the "my problems are bigger than yours" crap because whatever the problem is, it's always bigger than anyone elses. Take the advice of others. Talk to someone! Here or professionally. Life is too precious to give up on....
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:37:21 AM EDT
[#40]
  Hey DiverDown
  Like 2IDdoc, I hear you also. Life can really be a bitch at times. Especially around the holiday season. Some of the responses to this thread are quite sad. I think a few AR brothers have no clue about the storms that may be in their future. IM me your number and I'll give you a call. I know all to well, credit card debt, divorce, child support blah blah blah, it never ends........well, one day it will.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:39:49 AM EDT
[#41]
If you need to talk, listen to 2IDdoc.....

Take him up on it....if you want to talk to someone a little more local, I.M. me your number, I have had a shitty last few months myself.

Also take SC's advise...Hook up with the Washington crew, shoot...these guys are always doing something off the wall.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:49:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Hang in there man. Don't give up. I know it's easy to say, but you have to try. Go to church, get counciling, talk to a friend, anything, but don't give up.
Every day I doubt the existence of God. It's hard not to, when you're hurting and you see the shit that happens in the world. If I've learned one thing in almost 54 years of life, it's that I don't know shit. None of us do. Life is a gift, don't throw it away. Things can and do change. No matter how down you are, how depressed, you can't know for certain that your life won't get better. December 11 is my mom's birthday. She died March 7, of this year, after 9 weeks in intensive care. There was so much wrong with her that I couldn't even begin to list it. Stage 4 breast cancer, lung cancer, COPD, a fistula that punched a hole in her bladder, so she was peeing shit, and on and on.
For the last 4 weeks of her life, her kidneys shut completely down. She gained over 70 pounds, and she didn't have a bite of food in 9 fucking weeks. Her skin was weeping, and puddling on the floor. Her hands and feet turned blue, then started to turn black.
And there was more, but I can't go on. I went and saw her every day, along with my brother and sister. I was there when she died, still praying for a miracle.
I thought I'd never smile again. But I have. Time heals. The pain never goes away, but it becomes bearable.
Look into the eyes of a laughing child, and have hope. Find something to live for, but don't fucking give up.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:44:29 AM EDT
[#43]
Listen guys, my initial post made it sound like I'm at the end of my rope, and in a way, I am, but I'm not suicidal.  I have just decided to and to simplify a few things, and to change my tactics.  That's all.

A few of you have posted and IM'ed me words of concern and encouragement, and I appreciate it.  Several of you are going through things I can't imagine, and my personal prayers are with you guys, and your families.  Your stories have helped me keep things in perspective.  They also serve to reinforce the new tack that I've decided to take.  There are things more important in this world than some of the shit I've been concerned with up until now, and, it is in that sense that I am "done".  So, thanks for reaching out, I truly do appreciate it.  

As for the rest of you, the invitation I extended above still stands.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Maybe this will be of interest.  I haven't looked at most of it, so "buyer beware."

[url]http://www.buildfreedom.com/sovmain.htm[/url]

Oh yeah - Did you find an attorney to prosecute that crime? (sigline)

And,
Freedom was only a pipedream anyway.
View Quote

It's not a pipe dream, brother.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:21:36 AM EDT
[#45]
The measure of a man is how he deals with adversity.

Fighting a hopeless battle, a great man never, EVER gives up.   If nothing else, he'll smear himself with krazy glue, grab his opponent in a death grip, and even when he's dead he will continue to drag on and wear down his opponent.

The frog that's about to go down the throat of the heron that just caught him is hard to swallow when the frog has managed to wrap his hands around the heron's stringy neck.   Don't EVER give up!

One does not GREET death.  You kick him in the balls and neck repeatedly as he drags you away.

Life is one game that you will eventually lose. Everybody does.  But how hard did you play?

CJ
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fighting a hopeless battle, a great man never, EVER gives up.   If nothing else, he'll smear himself with krazy glue, grab his opponent in a death grip, and even when he's dead he will continue to drag on and wear down his opponent.

The frog that's about to go down the throat of the heron that just caught him is hard to swallow when the frog has managed to wrap his hands around the heron's stringy neck.   Don't EVER give up!

One does not GREET death.  You kick him in the balls and neck repeatedly as he drags you away.

Life is one game that you will eventually lose. Everybody does.  But how hard did you play?

CJ
View Quote

... right on
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:37:16 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Maybe this will be of interest.  I haven't looked at most of it, so "buyer beware."

And,
View Quote

[red]It's not a pipe dream, brother.[/red]
View Quote

Time will tell.

BTW, thanks for the link.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Life is one game that you will eventually lose. Everybody does.  [red]But how hard did you play?[/red]
View Quote

Time will tell there too...
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 12:43:32 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'll buy all of your AR's for a dollar.

No really.
View Quote

I can beat that offer, I'll buy them all for .50 cents.

No really. & you pay the shipping as well.[:|]
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And,
View Quote

[red]It's not a pipe dream, brother.[/red]
View Quote

Time will tell.

BTW, thanks for the link.
View Quote

Do you know of Carl Worden?

He writes some interesting stuff - I was on his mailing list, but changed ISP's.  Check him out if you're interested.

Good luck.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top