Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2004 7:49:39 PM EDT
Over the last twenty years or more I have noticed that the demand for everything
surplus or tactical has been selling like hotcakes. It used to be you couldn't give
this stuff away. Why now is there such a demand for it?

Just look at the availability of tactical vests, it was a given that the vest to get years ago
was the "Harris" assault vest. Look at the choices now to the "civilian" market.

I think it says something about the attitude of a lot of people and what they think
the future might bring.

There is a lot of old and new companies selling to the general public their gear
that wasn't around years ago. And if it was they found a new market.

What is your thought about the current market of civilian tactical gear and it's
ramifications?

GM

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#1]
airsoft?

Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
A couple thoughts:

I know this sounds paranoid but perhaps the increasing militarization of law enforcement may be behind part of this. Another factor is the demand of the wannabe crowd.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:55:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
airsoft?

DK-Prof, I didn't think of that you just might have nailed it
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I think it says something about the attitude of a lot of people and what they think
the future might bring.

Storm Clouds on the Horizon.  

.... and enough people opening their eyes.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:20:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm lovin' it!   When I started looking into tac-vests they were $200.00   Now some can be had around $75

Now if I could just find one with 1000 pockets!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:21:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
airsoft?

+1
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 9:29:16 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
airsoft?

+1

nope, airsoft and the tactical gear can all be blamed on a video game, Counter Strike.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:25:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Slap a "Tactical" sticker to a roll of Charmin toilet paper and sell it for $20 a roll....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:31:55 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Slap a "Tactical" sticker to a roll of Charmin toilet paper and sell it for $20 a roll....

Only if you paint it black, and add velcro to one side.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:34:15 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 for airsoft and possibly paintballers.

Also keep in mind the police have decided to become paramilitary in dress so they often buy this shit a lot when the dept doesn't cover it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top