Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/30/2002 11:35:28 AM EDT
Why can't we just let the tougher dog win. Just because we say there has to be a better way doesn't make it so. The Middle East has been a war zone since the beginning of time and will be until the end. To the victor go the spoils.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:40:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2002 11:43:07 AM EDT by cluster]
Becuase some soft ass in power wants to drag the $hit out of it.. make money and stay in power.. edited to add... To make it fair... .. no I cant explain it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:45:42 AM EDT
tell me the last names of some of the most influential people in the u.s., and NO that was not a racial slur all of you P.C. touchy feelies. and then look at a certain darling child of the white house known as israel. you do the math.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:48:48 AM EDT
Oh you mean the way the tougher dog won in Korea or 'Nam? The Gulf War? Would you agree that we should have let the tougher dog win in those cases w/out our interference. Gimme a break man. We have vested interests, not to mention the fact that "the tougher dog" in this case (Israel) would be a hairless chihuahua if it wasn't for all the support they receive from us. The Israeli/Palestinian problem is a hinderance to our national goals in the region - especially now w/ the coming move against Iraq.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:51:47 AM EDT
To follow up, I guess you thought we should have let the tougher dog in '91 - Iraq - run roughshod over Kuwait & maybe Saudi. I mean, "to the victor go the spoils" right? The spoils in that case being a huge %age of global oil reserves, but you wouldn't mind that right? Please, as soon as gas hit 5 bucks a gallon, you would be loading up the Beta-C's to go liberate some oil fields yourself...
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 11:57:56 AM EDT
Ahhh - Jobux the US is the tougher dog. As far as The Gulf War, we won that war; where is our free oil?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:09:12 PM EDT
In the old days, Before WW I, any world power that thought they could do it, would take off on a world conquest. Why don't the US? Would the rest of the world ally and defeat the US and install a puppet government friendly to the New World Order interests? Israel is only the bigger dog because of US support. What if the Saudis or even Kuwait started backing Palestine?...along with the Russians?...or China? Is what we are doing in Afghanistan given the green light, or at the very least given the Israelis an example to follow? You wreak terrorism in our country we will decimate you and those who harbor the perpetraters. Does Arafat have control over the Palestinians or not?
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:19:23 PM EDT
halfcocked, my feelings exactly about how things sudenly took off in the middle east when we invaded afghanistan. it almost seemed that they said, o.k. guys, everyone's looking away, let's go for it. it was no coincidence.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:20:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/30/2002 12:25:41 PM EDT by cluster]
Does Arafat have control over the Palestinians or not?
View Quote
NO.. edited to add... NO wait saying NO assumes that he is [b] trying / wants[/b] to stop this mess.. After thinking about that I will say ,yes, he has complete control and they are actually following his orders.. While CNN would like us to believe he is trying for peace and Isreal is simply being unneseseraLy rough.. Cluster
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:22:19 PM EDT
Gun, we're the world's toughest dog, should we just trample everyone else & say "too bad, we're tougher?" That's a quick recipe for our downfall & the establishment of this REPUBLIC as an EMPIRE. Ahhh, Rome all over again.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:37:12 PM EDT
Originally Posted By cluster:
Does Arafat have control over the Palestinians or not?
View Quote
NO.. edited to add... NO wait saying NO assumes that he is [b] trying / wants[/b] to stop this mess.. After thinking about that I will say ,yes, he has complete control and they are actually following his orders.. While CNN would like us to believe he is trying for peace and Isreal is simply being unneseseraLy rough.. Cluster
View Quote
You're right in my mind. I think he has control of the situation, maybe. I think he is just playing the game to keep in single malt scotch and fine Cuban cigars. He has to keep the Palestinians fired up or they won't give him the job. He has to show (pretend) to give a shit about peace or we (the Israelis's) dust his tire old ass. It's a thin line and I think he's about to trip.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 12:54:48 PM EDT
Some people have to be "king of the mountain", even if the mountain is a pile of sh!t. Enter Arafat.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 1:28:00 PM EDT
Arafat is no better than Al Sharpton. Yes we support Israel but don't ya think the palistinians get all kinds of support from friendly arab nations. Its their way of continually fighting a war with Israel. EricThe[allknowing]Hun ran a map on another thread yesterday, LOOK AT IT, and explain to me why these people are so anxious to rid the region of Israel. All smaller countries are supported by larger countries. Its the natural order of things.
Link Posted: 3/30/2002 8:32:25 PM EDT
Originally Posted By jobux: Gun, we're the world's toughest dog, should we just trample everyone else & say "too bad, we're tougher?" That's a quick recipe for our downfall & the establishment of this REPUBLIC as an EMPIRE. Ahhh, Rome all over again.
View Quote
No, exactly
Top Top