Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2001 2:31:33 PM EDT
Folks around here are in a panic. Block long lines at each gas station. Runs on the shelves at stores.

People seem to think the is coming.

The feds aren't helping with banning air travel and trains and closing the boarder with canada.

I am slightly worried now, where I was not before.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Not worried about some terrorist, I am concerned about my fellow townspeople blowing a gasket.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:37:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Folks around here are in a panic. Block long lines at each gas station. Runs on the shelves at stores.

People seem to think the is coming.

The feds aren't helping with banning air travel and trains and closing the boarder with canada.

I am slightly worried now, where I was not before.
View Quote

I just came back from Windsor, Ontario.  I would like to thank our Canadian brothers and sisters in our time of crises.  

Happyshooter,

What part of MI do you live in?  On my way home from Canada I stopped at a gun shop on Woodward and took the back roads home.  Everything looked normal to me.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#6]
... I don't need to "run" to a store, neither do you.
Right now we need to remain shoulder to shoulder and support your friends family & neighbors.

... albight armed
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:57:24 PM EDT
[#7]
I just came home from kingmam AZ. The sheeple are at IT!!! Buying water, and dry goods!!! I hope I don't have to defend my home at this time?WTF? Im ready are YOU???DW
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 2:58:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Im ready are YOU???DW
View Quote

Hell yeah!
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:09:36 PM EDT
[#9]
PANIC HELL!!!
   THE gas went from 1.48 gl UL to 1.89 gl in LESS than one day WTF!!!DW
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 3:31:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I sure picked a hell of a day to come back to Phoenix.  When I got here, I picked up a few extra rounds of ammo from the dwindling supplies at walmart and filled up with gas.  I'm glad I planned on having enough extra ammo around for the pipeline shoot this weekend if it's still on.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:04:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Hmm, no panic in NC here.  Everything was very normal, gas was $1.41 all day long.  I filled up just in case.  Kinda low on ammo, but I'll just have to aim more carefully.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Things are calmer now (near Saginaw, MI).
The sun is going down. I just went down the main road, and gas is steadied out at about 1.89, and the lines are down to about 5-10 cars waiting per station.
The supermarket lots about 1/4 full.
I feel better now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#13]
All quiet in CT.

No panic of any form.

Got my eye on the guns just in case anyway.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 4:55:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:02:52 PM EDT
[#15]
seems to be quit in Tucson the Airforce base seems to be in lock down mode thu
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in Redford MI, 'burb of Detroit, and local gas stations are up to $2.00 a gal for cheap stuff. ridiculous. I have supplies, and I have plenty of ammo.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:19:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Round here (Fl) people pulled their kids out of school but otherwise business as usual.  In fact i would argue that is the best response. Keep the economy going so we can buy lots and lots of gas for those nice strike eagles.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#18]
They closed schools in metro Atlanta. Gas seemed normal. The local gun store I deal with said he did a fair amount of business today. All else seemed normal.

All clear on the Georgia front.

[beer]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:29:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Happyshooter no need to worry. Michigan is the least likely state to be attacked my islamic militants.

People should be more outraged than worried for themselves. The security services would have no problem detecting large scale threats to US soil. It's the small stuff that they appear helpless to prevent.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:41:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
...I'm glad I planned on having enough extra ammo around for the pipeline shoot this weekend if it's still on.
View Quote

I plan to be there. It should make for a good "meeting place".[:)]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:43:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Gas prices just jumped from $1.89 for regular to over $4 at some stations here. Lines are wrapped out into the streets, and some gas stations are sold out.

Buddy went to Jewel and said bottled water and canned goods were sold out. Long lines to get into the store.

It almost seems as if panic is spreading across the nation.

Av - N. Illinois
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:54:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Drove by the neighborhood elementary school just after lunch.  All the kids were on the grounds away from the building.  Some dipstick phoned in a bomb threat - hoax of course.  WTF was that dumbass thinking?  
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Everything OK here in ANC.  Hopefully it will stay that way as we are on the feds top 10 potential terrorist hits.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:04:15 PM EDT
[#24]
AZ Sit-Rep

... Things appear to be calm here. No rise in gas prices yet. No unusual activity at grocery stores. Fast food joints seem to be popular.

Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:09:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I filled up on gas about two hours ago. Same price as yesterday, at most of the western burb stations I saw.
Have heard reports of some stations charging $4 to $5 a gallon.
We should all keep a notebook on who's gouging, and [b]never[/b] do business with any offending station again.
Also, I believe it's a crime in some states. These assholes should be reported.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:14:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Pretty comical if you ask me.  Here in DC, where we were actually attacked, things are calm.  There is some increased police presence at over-passes and on the roads. The military installations are buttoned up but there is no rioting or people rushing to the stores, and gas is the same price it was yesterday.  Makes you wonder if people's "perceptions" are being skewed by emotion.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 9:26:10 PM EDT
[#27]
It's business as usual in Baton Rouge.  Haven't seen any increase in gas prices, no long lines or any runs on the grocery stores.  In a few days all will be back to normal, except New York City.  Just wonder when they will reopen the stock market.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:20:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Weird.  Seattle is perfectly normal.  The only "run" on any item at the store, when I went there at 10pm, was that they were out of the "special edition" newspapers from the day.

Plenty of water, no food shortages, and one store worker I asked said it had been an ordinary day.

Dunno about gas, probably up, but the Anacortes refinery already "shut down for maintenance" so they could jack the price up 30 cents for Labor Day.
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:24:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/11/2001 11:34:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Actually, it was weird here today as well......

Way too peaceful...  On the streets, in the stores.... everything seemed 3/4 empty.

Just odd.

Probably all at home loading mags and filling water jugs..... or sippin' a latte wondering how to blame gunowners.

Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:05:24 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:Anyone who could possibly consider looting or stealing at this point in time deserves to be shot and I sit in my house waiting for the honor of doing so.
View Quote

ROTFLMAO!!!! [:D]
Link Posted: 9/12/2001 11:13:20 AM EDT
[#32]
On the way home last night, people were fvcking
swamping the 3 big gas stations at the local
I-75 interchange.  Cutting each other off,
blowing horns - acting like Soviet tanks were
rolling down the highway after them.  I couldn't
believe my eyes.  

I wonder how many of them realized that that
is exactly the way the enemy wanted them to
act.

I was so ashamed for them...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top