Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2002 6:35:28 PM EDT
I was planning on watching the Sept 11th special on HBO tonight. I just viewd about 20 minutes of it and I HAD to turn it off. It just seems to get to me more and more of a horrific act as I watch it over and over. It has never hurt as much,I have never been as angy,I have never wanted to kill (those who commited this act) as much , and I have never wanted to help as much.

I am not saying nor meaning it didnt effect me when it happened. It did effect me a great deal,I think it was the most chilling and awful site to my 23 year old eyes.

For some people in the USA it gets eaiser living with this as each day goes by,all my friends and all my family everyday they seem to cope with it better and better. But not for me it just makes me more angry and more depressed when I view these images.
Am I alone on this board?
[USA]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:36:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#2]
well there was a certain idiot who posted here who said that it was "no big deal."
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#5]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:17:24 PM EDT
[#6]
The history Channel had a show about the Twin Towers.  The Narrator comes on after a few interviews and says that some of the people interviewed are still listed as missing.  I had to turn it off.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 8:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
no, you're not alone.  Most of the people I know are every bit as angry and upset about it as they were the day it happened.  Including me.

And we're almost 2000 miles from where it happened.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:22:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
well there was a certain idiot who posted here who said that it was "no big deal."
View Quote

Now thats some crazy S--T!
Do you remeber the member name?
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 9:35:41 PM EDT
[#9]
For the longest time they werent showing pics and video of it all.  In the back of my mind I wondered why.  Then I started seeing it over again.  Makes me more and more mad!
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I am at the neighbor's house watching the 4 hour 45 min version of Das Boot.
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:48:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The history Channel had a show about the Twin Towers.  The Narrator comes on after a few interviews and says that some of the people interviewed are still listed as missing.  I had to turn it off.
View Quote

I take it your are talking about the window cleaning guy.  I made it that far and my wife changed the channel saying that I was getting angry and upset.  She understood and agreed with me, but thought it best change it.  I do have to agree now.

medcop
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:54:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 5/28/2002 10:57:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm still pissed, in fact MORE pissed off because of how our "leaders" are dealing with it.
View Quote

Would you mind elaborating more?
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:12:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I agree.  I watched the History channel special and all of those feelings and then some came back.  Add to all of that hearing that the latest bombing in Israel hurt a bunch of children, killed at least one infant.  I have never been a racist man but I really think that this world would be a lot better off with every damn muslim forcibly evicted to another plane of existence.  Sorry, don't mean to evoke any debate on that, I'm just damn angry.

Mike
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:21:44 AM EDT
[#15]
me too man, me too..
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:31:30 AM EDT
[#16]
revenge is a dish best served cold.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 4:51:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I get to the point where I don't think about it much during a day...then I see a news report and I get angry again.  Or I see something like the HBO Special, or the special on CBS by those French cameramen at the fire station and I start to feel like crying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top