Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2005 6:34:36 AM EDT
OK, so we all know that we love to torment our pets sometimes.  They're just so cute, and they take so much light hearted abuse, and still, they come back for more.

I have a Maine Coon Cat, and for those who aren't familiar with the breed, they are the original North American cat.  They are built for cold weather and snow, and have tufts of fur on their feet to protect their pads from the snow.   Well, furry feet means she doesn't have very good "brakes".  I love to polish the furniture and then watch her try to jump up on say, the coffee table.  She'll slide right across it and fall right off the other side.  It's very funny.

My boyfriend and son love to chase our 3 girlz around the house with R/C cars, make them run around chasing laser beam pointers, and just generally chase them around the house.

Share your fun ways to torment your pets...come on ..you know you do it!

Again..no pet bashing please and thank you!

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:36:43 AM EDT
[#1]
peanut butter on the dogs nose is fun to watch
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:39:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Commando Kitty!  Put a piece of scotch tape on kitty's back, just behind the shoulder blades.  The cat will low crawl across the room, thinking it can crawl out from under the tape.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:43:42 AM EDT
[#4]
I don't have pets.   Probably a good thing.

I torture my neighbor's pets.

Laser pointer gets their cats to climb their curtains.

Laser pointer also drives their dog insane.
Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark Bark

One evening I waved the red dot back and forth on the side of their garage.
The dog chased it.  And chased it.  And chased it.
For about a half hour.
Until it literally dropped over exhausted.

That was a couple of years ago.  
Which reminds me, I need to replace the batteries in the pointer.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I have a cat, a medium hair tabby.

We put a sock over her head and watch her run backwards into stuff.

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:08 AM EDT
[#6]
My Senegal parrot goes into attack mode when I shine the laser pointer in his cage.

He'll charge at the dot... beak wide open. I'll shut it off just before he gets to it (mostly because I'm concerned about the beam hitting him in his eyes), and he'll have that "WTF, where did it go" look.

When I was a kid, we used to randomly turn on the electric can opener so the cats would come running into the kitchen.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:54:50 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have a cat, a medium hair tabby.

We put a sock over her head and watch her run backwards into stuff.

You're an asshole.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:58:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Place kitten on couch.
Place newspaper between couch and coffee table.
Lure kitten to coffee table with toy.
Roar with laughter when kitten falls through trap.
Repeat.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:00:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Maine coon -type cat here too ("Evil").  

He can hear you wad up a ball of paper from across the house and comes running.  Where ever you throw it he will run full blast until he slides on the hardwoods into the wall or rolls under a bed or something.  Over and over again
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Place kitten on couch.
Repeat.

Awesome!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:06:22 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Place kitten on couch.
Repeat.

Awesome!!!

They're smart and will learn if you repeat this trick too many times too quickly.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:06:59 AM EDT
[#12]
http://www.stuffonmycat.com/

=)
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:10:25 AM EDT
[#13]
my cat was deathly afraid of the laser pointer....that made it all the more fun for me to scare him with it!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:14:56 AM EDT
[#14]
We put tape on my cousins cats feet one time. It went crazy for some time, and was hilarious.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:15:45 AM EDT
[#15]
I have cats that are deathly afraid of the Dustbuster.  Plus, the laser pointer is always good for laughs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:18:22 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Maine coon -type cat here too ("Evil").  

+2

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:22:09 AM EDT
[#17]
When I was little, we had a cat that always ran to the kitchen if you dropped him off in a remote part of the house. He had to get back to that kitchen as fast as possible. I'd take him to the farthest corner, spin him around until he was dizzy, drop him down, and laugh as he crashed into every doorframe, wall, chair, or table on the way to the kitchen. One time this didn't work so well because my mother had painted some walls and forgot to tell me that the cat's left side would end up blue.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:34:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Is this "torment" ?

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:52:39 AM EDT
[#19]
One more... this is really only fun the first time.

I just discovered this over the weekend.  I was putting the spray whipped cream onto some pie cobbler and my dogs came around because they heard dishes and wanted food.
So I put the nozzle down for them to sniff, and when they tried to lick it, I let them have it.
There was foam coming out of their mouths all the way around.  It looked like a cartoon where someone is brushing their teeth, or a dog has rabies.

Of course, they won't be scared the next time, and every time you go to use the whipped cream, they will be begging.  Not good if you use it in the bedroom, I suppose.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:54:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Try putting tape on all four of a cat's paws...
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:57:16 AM EDT
[#21]
making clawing and hissing faces at my dog while eyeballing him. If you move slow and deliberate it becomes a barking war
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 7:59:41 AM EDT
[#22]
Cats are so much fun to torment!

My cat doesn't understand the concept of stuff underneath a bedsheet.  Anytime I am sitting in bed, she will be absolutely freaked out at my legs or feet moving underneath the sheet, and she will try to claw at them.  When I stop moving, she will relentlessly search for whatever was moving by clawing randomly at different parts of the blankets, with her pupils really huge and her muscles tense.  Then all of a sudden, I will kick my legs and make a loud noise, and she jumps about 3' in the air.  It's hilarious to see her go instantaneously airborne with those giant pupils on her face!  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:06:25 AM EDT
[#23]

If you judge torment by a dog's expression ours is always being tormented.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:06:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
img181.imageshack.us/img181/8340/jihaddog3sb.jpg

JIHAD!!! JIHAD!!! ALA AKBAR!!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:09:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I ambush my dog by throwing a blanket on top of him and screaming...

He has gotten to the point where he doesn't care...

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:11:13 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Is this "torment" ?

home.columbus.rr.com/miketrac/pictures/family/Mr_Jinx2.jpg

on SOOOOOOOOOOO many levels.....

Ya'll are gonna be tortured housepets in your next lives!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:13:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I take it most of your cats are declawed.

My cat will jump and climb the wall 6' off the ground chasing a laser pointer.

My dog is afraid of the laser
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#29]
He's such a bad-ass.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:19:15 AM EDT
[#30]
I have a lab, too.  But he bites everything, so I haven't tried putting anything humiliating on him yet.  (Other than the Dachchund )
When he lays down, the Dachchund will sometimes play "prison inmates" with him.
He doesn't run away.  I find that troubling.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:20:48 AM EDT
[#31]
Be careful what you start with your cat

Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:28:06 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
He's such a bad-ass.
home.columbus.rr.com/miketrac/pictures/family/Mr_Jinx.jpg

L-S...He is by far the cutest long hair I've seen...wooops I mean...baddest assed long hair I have ever seen!
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:29:36 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
My cat doesn't understand the concept of stuff underneath a bedsheet.  Anytime I am sitting in bed, she will be absolutely freaked out at my legs or feet moving underneath the sheet, and she will try to claw at them.  When I stop moving, she will relentlessly search for whatever was moving by clawing randomly at different parts of the blankets, with her pupils really huge and her muscles tense.

I think our cats are related.    I never considered it torment.  Just a game we play.

My cat loves to dart out in front of you while you're walking down the hall, which usually results in you accidently kicking him, which knocks him off course just enough that instead of darting into the room he was aiming for, he plows into the wall.  makes me simultaneously feel bad for hitting him, wanting to laugh, and being angry at him for being dumb.

My wife and I also accidently discovered that if you leave the bedroom door open while engaging in rather enthusiastic marital activities, and if the cat sees you, he'll really be weirded out and avoid you for the next several hours.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:31:05 AM EDT
[#34]
My 18 pound tabby cat "Smitty" used to love to get tuna fish juice thru a straw. He would open his mouth for it. One day after feeding him 3 or 4 servings of it in straw, I put pickle juice in the straw instead. Ever see those kids that drink the nasty cough syrup and get "all shook up" afterwards? Thats how he would react. He let me do this only a few times, after that he always smelled the straw first.  I taught him how to play hide and seek with me too.
My sons cat "Mario" got into a plastic grocery bag one evening while the house was sleeping and somehow got the handle of the bag around his neck. He tore thru the house trying to get rid of it, and with the air flow, it filled up like a parachute. very comical.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 11:36:47 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
img181.imageshack.us/img181/8340/jihaddog3sb.jpg

The dog-tango who sniffs your ass before he goes jihad on it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top