Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/21/2013 10:11:48 PM EDT

My Polish great gran went to Germany and Poland in 1938 from London.  This is from her passport. My mom called me and we talked about it. She said she got a chill opening that and seeing it. I do understand it because of the fact her family(The Polish side was affected directly) I told her we have to remember history no matter how horrific.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:15:54 PM EDT
[#1]
The stamp?
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:17:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The stamp?

Yeah. She visited in 1938 so this was a year before the invasion of Poland.

Link Posted: 1/21/2013 10:34:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Good thing she got out.
Link Posted: 1/21/2013 11:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]
My uncle Leo holds the credit for being on the FBI 10 most wanted longer than anyone else. He was involved in a lot more shit than this shows.

Link Posted: 1/22/2013 3:05:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
The stamp?

Yeah. She visited in 1938 so this was a year before the invasion of Poland.

My Grandma (fathers mother) came to this Country when she was 3 from Germany, along with her mother.  Her father was here for a year before they came over.  Grandma died a few months ago and we were cleaning out some of her things.  Among them were things that her mom had from Germany from when she was a young adult.  Among them were documents and family photos.  It was interesting to see the Nazi shit all over the papers; but I was shocked to learn that there were actual Nazis in the extended family.

FWIW: my Grandpa was a tank driver in WWII, and rolled through the town that his wife and the mother of his child (only one at that time who is my Dad) was born in.  There was a battle, and much of the town was destroyed.  There is a high likelyhood that Grandpa (or his Unit) destroyed the home that Grandma was born in.  I heard this story once from him, he never spoke of it again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top