Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/3/2015 11:08:09 AM EDT
For those recent new owners of a JEEP Wrangler, if you don't know what this means find out.

If you don't find out, trade the JEEP for a Honda Ridgeline
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:08:34 AM EDT
[#1]
It's just Jeep. Not JEEP. It's not an acronym.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:12:32 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a Jeep thing...

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Just Empty Every Pocket?

15 JKUR owner
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:13:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just imagined that he was yelling every time he said Jeep.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#5]
i have a comanchee, its an alright litttle truck
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:13:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm guessing the old guy in a new 4 door didn't wave back to you. Jeep (and it's culture) as we knew it has been dead for years. (owner of a 99 XJ)
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:15:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Meh, I'll stick to Range Rovers. You know, those things that can actually go all the places people think Jeeps can go.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:16:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:16:50 AM EDT
[#9]
In 1975 farmer Jones drives his 1956 m38 to town for gas for deer season....on his way he passes a CJ5 who waves at him...odd he thinks "I've never seen that Guy before " but waves back...
In 1985 Gary is coming back from a three day hike in his 1978 cj7..on a side trail he stops to pull out a wrangler...since he's a smart ass he says to the wrangler owner.."real Jeeps have round head lights "....as he drives off...
1997....Jimmy is cruising the beach on spring.g break in Daytona when he sees a Jeep with round head lights but fancy car like interior ...they both wave as they pass each other..
2014..Mary just closed the hatch on her compass and as she's putting her cart up...some Guy with arm tats and flat bill in a big monster truck Jeep. Waves at her. She posted on Facebook that some weirdo was flirting with her....

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Enlighten us?

Or would me not understand?

Dork!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:18:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Just enough essential parts ....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:21:56 AM EDT
[#12]
This is the most recent picture of mine I found when I flipped through my albums:

How's that for a Jeep thing?

My girls sure like it:

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:22:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just enough essential parts ....
View Quote

Hadn't heard that one.

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:26:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Meh, I'll stick to Range Rovers. You know, those things that can actually go all the places people think Jeeps can go.

View Quote

The curbs at the mall are getting pretty tall.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:26:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
For those recent new owners of a JEEP Wrangler, if you don't know what this means find out.

View Quote

You can trade your AR15 for a new Coach purse too... I wont judge you for that either.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
  Umm... Not sure I would take my midget real doll out on family outings.
View Quote

When you ask the kids if they want to go for a Jeep ride and your two-year-old asks "Can Barbie come!?", you buckle her into the back seat.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is truth to this.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

You know, there's truth to this. One can get pretty much anywhere in a Range Rover.

That said... if you want to be able to get back home, a Jeep is more appropriate.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes

That's what I thought too.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
When you ask the kids if they want to go for a Jeep ride and your two-year-old asks "Can Barbie come!?", you buckle her into the back seat.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never Barbies... Always stuffed animals and the bigger the better.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Lol how many ties have you rock crawled in a range rover
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:30:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Interesting, I'm actually test driving a Jeep today.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I went up a gravel driveway once to go shooting. Not to worry, I sent it to get detailed the next day.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gWL-r72tGOE
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:34:55 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're goddamn right you do. You put on a tie and go to the tea party, too.

I miss my 98 TJ sport. The truck I have now has more people space, more cargo space, a better ride, a better radio, and air conditioning with about the same fuel economy. Still, I miss the Jeep.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:35:40 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Obviously, we have different interests and hobbies.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:36:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#28]
We have 4 Jeep vehicles.
I understand.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:37:54 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Great Dad !
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#30]
Clutch release bearing exploded and water pump started leaking in two week period on my 04 TJ

Still has a sticky lifter that needs to be replaced. Of course unlike the older 4.2 I have to pull the entire head to get to one failed lifter.

Dana 35 ate its pinion bearings a couple years back. Really no reason why. Lube changed on regular basis.

Jeep thing indeed. Thank god I have a garage and tools.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:39:16 AM EDT
[#31]
i hae a set of 31 grabbers im tryin to get mounted at work but im crippeld right now and evey techs to busy to help me lol
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:40:11 AM EDT
[#32]
I had a 1987 Jeep Cherokee. I called it the FrakenJeep because it was a mish-mosh of Chrysler/Ford and AMC parts. It needed a transmission so I found one with the same model number as the one I had in mine and it wouldn't fit. Eventually I got tired of trying to find one and I sold it to some kid in Colorado who was going to turn it into a rock crawler. Don't know that he ever did though. I did like it and wish I could've found a transmission for it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#33]

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:42:22 AM EDT
[#34]
On a related note, my Jeep will be paid off in two weeks. I've successfully managed to leave it pretty much as-is since I bought it - including the chrome wheels that I hate. Starting next month, what was my loan payment is going to go into fixing and upgrading stuff.

The tires I have on it are 31x10.5". I'm thinking of upgrading them to 33x10.5" when it's time to replace them, but don't plan to go bigger than that. It's got a 2.5L i4, 4.10 gears, and a Ford 8.8" rear end under it. I'm thinking the first orders of business are new wheels - probably black steelies. After that, I'll take off those chrome nerf bars and replace them with armor or at least something that isn't shiny. Then I'm looking at a ~3" OME lift and will be replacing the front axle (currently a Dana 30). Then it'll be fixing the heater (clogged core) and radio (cuts out at high volume). Then I'll look at the expensive stuff...
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:42:50 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

View Quote

At least a Jeep will keep running all the way there, instead of some random piece letting the magic smoke out.

Nick
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:43:32 AM EDT
[#36]
We went to TN this past weekend to a big Jeep event in Pigeon Forge.  I made the executive decision to drive our new Cherokee Trailhawk instead of the Rubicon since it's so much more comfortable and there wouldn't be any off roading to speak of.  Needless to say, we were shunned while we were down there.  So I made a game out of parking next to other Jeeps and taking pictures of the Trailhawk next to them.  That was kind of fun.  

PS out of the thousands of fellow Jeepers down there, we only got waves for two or three  

These guys parked across the lot from me.  Didn't want the Jeep cooties?

Aw hell, i'll share'm!

Mall crawling @ Fuddruckers

Oh yea!

Love it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:44:28 AM EDT
[#37]

it floors people when we take the Jeep anywhere that the Jeep wave is a real thing
"so wait, y'all wave just because you own a Jeep?"
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:44:44 AM EDT
[#38]
Had a Wrangler way back when in college.  Missed it ever since then.  So.....

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:44:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Clutch release bearing exploded and water pump started leaking in two week period on my 04 TJ

Still has a sticky lifter that needs to be replaced. Of course unlike the older 4.2 I have to pull the entire head to get to one failed lifter.

Dana 35 ate its pinion bearings a couple years back. Really no reason why. Lube changed on regular basis.

Jeep thing indeed. Thank god I have a garage and tools.
View Quote

The Dana 35 is shit. Mine started going through axle bearings every 5k miles - the last time, one of the balls made its way back to the ring and pinion, and fucked it up real good.

I strongly recommend the Ford 8.8" kits from East Coast Gear Supply. I have about $2k in mine, and it's twice as strong as the Dana and has all new parts.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:45:06 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

View Quote
Whatever this "thing" is, I assume it's frightfully expensive for what it is, and has electrical gremlins just waiting to pounce.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:45:30 AM EDT
[#41]
awwwww someone didn't get a wave back on their trip to the grocery store
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:46:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

it floors people when we take the Jeep anywhere that the Jeep wave is a real thing
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep.

It's basically "Hey, I'm having fun. You having fun? Cool!"
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:47:35 AM EDT
[#43]
" />

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:48:09 AM EDT
[#44]
View Quote

that is hilarious....
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:48:24 AM EDT
[#45]

Reel Jeeps are built not bought! Just Empty Every Pocket
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:49:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Jeepers are worse the motorcycle riders.

Just to fuck with them I wave to every one I pass in my wifes car.

That said, when I was into building them it was damn fun, many people get cult like about it though, all while having shitty rigs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Whatever this "thing" is, I assume it's frightfully expensive for what it is, and has electrical gremlins just waiting to pounce.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely it is. Automobiles are expensive. Jeeps at least have fewer fancy add-ons to fail.

Electrical gremlins... Yep. I've not had them yet, but the top and doors stay off mine from early spring to late fall. It will happen.  When it does, I'm planning on just ripping out the entire dash and replacing it with a custom-fabbed metal one.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:54:56 AM EDT
[#48]
I had my fill of Jeeps. At least AMC CJ's.  FJ40 all the way.
Link Posted: 9/3/2015 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Absolutely it is. Automobiles are expensive. Jeeps at least have fewer fancy add-ons to fail.

Electrical gremlins... Yep. I've not had them yet, but the top and doors stay off mine from early spring to late fall. It will happen.  When it does, I'm planning on just ripping out the entire dash and replacing it with a custom-fabbed metal one.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I had an XJ work vehicle that had godawful electrical issues, though it's entirely possible that the mice that built their nests behind the dashboard has something to do with it.  

I'm speaking from a position of slight enviousness.  I'm getting tired of full-sized trucks, so depending on my living situation my next vehicle will be a Jeep or something fast and impractical.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2015 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

that is hilarious....
View All Quotes
Quoted:

that is hilarious....

That was actually the beginning of my escapades.  I wish I would have thought about it earlier in the trip actually.  One thing is certain, the Trailhawk's mall-crawl skills are equal if not superior to those of the Wrangler.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top