Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/25/2002 2:42:48 AM EDT
...to disarm criminals but only law abiding citiziens" These words were reported by Italian media. Defence Minister De Martino added that he never saw "Mafia man or criminals making queues to surrender their guns or their AK47 to the police because of strict gun laws, while the honests citiziens, that have the right to defend themselves from criminals, are harassed by laws that, as any evidence is demostrating, didn't bring nor collectively nor individually, any sign to prevent crime" I can't believe my EYES!!! Of course, leftist reacted saying that De Martino wants to transform Italy like "Chicago, New York or Far West..."
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:43:39 AM EDT
Chicago and New York have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US. Canadian gun laws are more lenient than Chicago's or New York's. Yet Chicago has the highest murder rate in the country. I wonder why that is?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:46:03 AM EDT
Originally Posted By PaoloAR15: ...to disarm criminals but only law abiding citiziens" These words were reported by Italian media. Defence Minister De Martino added that he never saw "Mafia man or criminals making queues to surrender their guns or their AK47 to the police because of strict gun laws, while the honests citiziens, that have the right to defend themselves from criminals, are harassed by laws that, as any evidence is demostrating, didn't bring nor collectively nor individually, any sign to prevent crime" I can't believe my EYES!!! Of course, leftist reacted saying that De Martino wants to transform Italy like "Chicago, New York or Far West..."
View Quote
I assume by 'Far West' he is referring to the United States? [rolleyes] John Wayne is still on the range out West with his six-gun and lever action carbine you know...[:D]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:53:37 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ECS: John Wayne is still on the range out West with his six-gun and lever action carbine you know...[:D]
View Quote
Monument Valley. We had a drink about six months ago at a saloon near the park. Great guy that Duke is, he bought the first round, kept calling me pilgrim, and man when he says duck do it. He cold cocked that bad guy though. Then we had another drink on me this time. If only we had more men like him around nowadays.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 3:58:25 AM EDT
Standby because we may need to send the DUKE over to Italy to have a 'talk' with their Defence Minister.....
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 4:52:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2002 5:05:31 AM EDT by 95thFoot]
Originally Posted By PaoloAR15: ...to disarm criminals but only law abiding citiziens" These words were reported by Italian media. Defence Minister De Martino added that he never saw "Mafia man or criminals making queues to surrender their guns or their AK47 to the police because of strict gun laws, while the honests citiziens, that have the right to defend themselves from criminals, are harassed by laws that, as any evidence is demostrating, didn't bring nor collectively nor individually, any sign to prevent crime" I can't believe my EYES!!! Of course, leftist reacted saying that De Martino wants to transform Italy like "Chicago, New York or Far West..."
View Quote
What is more amazing is that a conservative minister and a leftist politician in Europe actually differ on civilians owning guns. Most pretty much toe the same line, i.e., the "little people" shouldn't have guns. Rich people, yes, anybody else, no. Of course, wasn't De Martino appointed by Silvio Berlusconi? Berlusconi garners a lot of criticism from all sides in the media on just about everything- this is proof he is thinking "outside the box" and trying to do different, unconventional things, and is therefore doing something right....[:D]
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 5:43:10 AM EDT
Good to hear about the small outbreaks of sanity across the world. How easy is it for average Italians to acquire guns? Long guns? Pistols?
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 6:58:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ECS: Standby because we may need to send the DUKE over to Italy to have a 'talk' with their Defence Minister.....
View Quote
I have his cell number around here somewhere, lemme know if ya need him. He doesn't do much in the way of public appearances anymore, but I'll see what I can do.
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 8:37:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By raven: Chicago and New York have some of the most restrictive gun laws in the US. Canadian gun laws are more lenient than Chicago's or New York's. Yet Chicago has the highest murder rate in the country. I wonder why that is?
View Quote
We know this they don't. I think, they all think, we are all gangster rappers!
Link Posted: 4/25/2002 9:36:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/25/2002 9:37:18 AM EDT by Scarecrow]
Can these people please come to Canada and run for parliment?[:P]
Top Top