Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2010 2:25:58 PM EDT
If Florida were left un-kept it would be taken over by vegetation and waffle houses.  I haven't seen so many Waffle Houses in my entire life!  

I cannot believe how much vegetation there is here.  Seems like if it were left un-kept the place would be overrun within a couple weeks.  

So, other than Waffle House, whats a good place to grab dinner in Ocala?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know where you are in FL  but the only waffle house I know with in 2 hrs of my place is in Ocala. Maybe I just missed them all the 6 years or so I've had a house there lol
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Logic:

Damn near every Waffle House waitress is a divorced single mom.

Florida is chock full of divorced single moms with kids, hence the reason for so many Waffle Houses.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:49:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Atlanta has plenty of Waffle Houses. Some of the waitresses still have their teef.

As for the vegetation, I cleared a 30' radius from behind my house, and in less than a year it had all grown back. The jungle will take over.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Maybe if they passed "You can't pump your own gas" legislation those divorced single moms would have other employment opportunities.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:52:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Waffle houses are sorta like zits on a teenager, no one really likes them, no one really know's their purpose, but nether the less they exist.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:53:23 PM EDT
[#6]
I always hit Perkins when I'm down that way.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:55:07 PM EDT
[#7]
ah

I assume arfcom hates Waffle House now.

Fuck I missed the memo
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 2:55:57 PM EDT
[#8]
There is a place off of 40, down one of the side streets (17th St. maybe), used to be an Elks Lodge or something like that.

The place that took over was a good place to eat, last time I was there.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:27:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Waffle houses are sorta like zits on a teenager, no one really likes them, no one really know's their purpose, but nether the less they exist.

I like Waffle Houses! Nothing will clear out your guts faster than a chopped steak and eggs breakfast.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If Florida were left un-kept it would be taken over by vegetation and waffle houses.  I haven't seen so many Waffle Houses in my entire life!  

I cannot believe how much vegetation there is here.  Seems like if it were left un-kept the place would be overrun within a couple weeks.  

Never been to Georgia?   Its Waffle House central. Some across the street from another.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:30:49 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

ah

Fuck I missed the memo

I don't. I like grimy dumps where I can pig out cheap. I miss Waffle House.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:31:41 PM EDT
[#12]
The whole south would be overgrown in 5 years if people moved out.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:32:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Never been to Georgia?   Its Waffle House central. Some across the street from another.

I am fairly sure every single fucking exit on i75 in the entire state of georgia has a wafle house ... (some have 2)

They are like dunkin donuts in new england
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
ah

Fuck I missed the memo

I don't. I like grimy dumps where I can pig out cheap. I miss Waffle House.

This

although the local Waffle House is better kept than mcdonalds and the like.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 3:33:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The whole south would be overgrown in 5 years if people moved out.

My backyard only takes two weeks with all this rain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top