Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/30/2005 7:31:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 7:31:31 AM EDT by Buzz70]
Anyone know of any countries that have come out expressing their efforts to assist with Katrina?

I have an odd feeling that we are on our own (as usual).
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:31:40 AM EDT
Sure, I expect huge sums of cash from Bangladesh any moment now.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:33:50 AM EDT

Originally Posted By California_Kid:
Sure, I expect huge sums of cash from Bangladesh any moment now.

They'll have to get in line after Mexico, our good Friends.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:34:33 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Buzz70:
Anyone know of any countries that have come out expressing their efforts to assist with Katrina?

You forgot our buddy in Venezuela
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:35:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By shootemup:

didnt he offer already?

besides we dont need the help... sure an offer would be nice and it will be declined ,,
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:36:11 AM EDT
why the hell would we want ANYBODY'S help???
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:36:28 AM EDT
Sh*t in one hand, hold out the other...see which ones fills first...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:37:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 7:38:39 AM EDT by IAMLEGEND]
As usual, no one will help.

Check this out: The Americans by Gordon Sinclair (Canadian commentator)

(As a Canadian living in the US I am especially proud of this broadcast by Sinclair)
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:39:53 AM EDT
I agree, we don't need any help. We can take care of ourselves. However it would be nice to see some payback from all the countries (the world) we've bailed out over history.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:41:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 7:42:20 AM EDT by DK-Prof]
Has the U.S. requested any help?

When shithole third world countries are hit by natural disasters, it's obvious that they cannot cope with it themselves, and they very quickly ASK for assistance (and the U.S. is always the first to respond).

It is equally obvious that the U.S. can EASILY handle this on their own, and I find it very likely that the U.S. government is not asking for assistance from anyone.

Like I said in the other thread, if the U.S. ASKED for, or obviously NEEDED, help - of course all of your European allies would be there in a second, providing whatever help they could. Countries like the UK or Canada would bend over backwards to help the U.S. if they needed it.

Turn the question around - how much has the U.S. helped in places that have been hit by serious flooding around the world this year? How much has the U.S. helped in the really severe flooding in Europe last month? I don't remember hearing about any U.S. help.

How about India? In the Maharashtra province alone, India has had over 1000 people killed by monsoon flooding this year. How much help did the U.S. rush to India to help with emergency flood relief?

I don't mind knocking other countries when it is warranted, like the French and Germans, for example. But this is a silly example, because it simply makes no sense (it's like the Chewbacca defense )

As I also said in the other thread - the countries that actually COULD help, and that the US could use - are OPEC. And I bet those fuckers will not be trying particularly hard.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:44:05 AM EDT

I agree, we don't need any help. We can take care of ourselves. However it would be nice to see some payback from all the countries (the world) we've bailed out over history.

I agree, but for some reason they all seem to feel that we still owe them.....

"Help a Friend in need and he will remember you the next time hes in need"
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:44:17 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

When shithole third world countries are hit by natural disasters, it's obvious that they cannot cope with it themselves, and they very quickly ASK for assistance (and the U.S. is always the first to respond).

It is equally obvious that the U.S. can EASILY handle this on their own, and I find it very likely that the U.S. government is not asking for assistance from anyone.

Like I said in the other thread, if the U.S. ASKED for, or obviously NEEDED, help - of course all of your European allies would be there in a second, providing whatever help they could. Countries like the UK or Canada would bend over backwards to help the U.S. if they needed it.

Turn the question around - how much has the U.S. helped in places that have been hit by serious flooding around the world this year? How much has the U.S. helped in the really severe flooding in Europe last month? I don't remember hearing about any U.S. help.

How about India? In the Maharashtra province alone, India has had over 1000 people killed by monsoon flooding this year. How much help did the U.S. rush to India to help with emergency flood relief?

I don't mind knocking other countries when it is warranted, like the French and Germans, for example. But this is a silly example, because it simply makes no sense (it's like the Chewbacca defense )

As I also said in the other thread - the countries that actually COULD help, and that the US could use - are OPEC. And I bet those fuckers will not be trying particularly hard.

WOW
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:45:09 AM EDT
i think europe is like us, they don't really need any help. we have the manpower and resources to handle our own probs. as for india, fuck them, they're the enemy. every bit as bad as red china, iran, and north korea.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:45:40 AM EDT
The only help we could really use is from their markets. So far, they've been keeping them nice and stable.

That helps - doesn't it?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:49:28 AM EDT

Originally Posted By DK-Prof:

Ehh, I gotta disagree a little bit here. When the Tsunami hit, we didn't wait to be asked to send help, Bush got right on there and said help was on its way.

I don't think we necessarily NEED help, but it would be nice for some who always accept it, to offer it....
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:09:23 AM EDT

Nice try, DK, but what kind of "allies" are they really? They all sure spend a lot of time kicking around the USA. When was the last time that any of their writers actually said something good about the USA? I just read the thread about the Canadian, who, in 1973, actually said a few good things about us. Looking specifically at that Canadians, what kind of allies are they that sponge off the US to protect the Northern Hemisphere from nuclear warfare during the Cold War? Then they won't back the US in Iraq? WTF? Fight 'em in Iraq or fight 'em here. Your choice, except that the Canadians are letting US soldiers take the lickin'. What about their immigration policies that are even more lax than our own? We've all heard of the attempt by a Commonwealth citizen trying to sneak into the US to bomb us at Y2K.

Let's look at the British now. Who had to go over to Bosnia & clean up all of Europes' mess, right in their own back yard? Same with Iraq & Afghanistan. I didn't see the British jumping in there head first, let alone any of the other Europeans closer to Bosnia. Great, so they backed us up on a few things. Where were they then?

No, I don't think that we can realistically see the Europeans as very good allies.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:32:35 AM EDT
Dont hold your breath!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:33:43 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcase:

Nice try, DK, but what kind of "allies" are they really? They all sure spend a lot of time kicking around the USA. When was the last time that any of their writers actually said something good about the USA? I just read the thread about the Canadian, who, in 1973, actually said a few good things about us. Looking specifically at that Canadians, what kind of allies are they that sponge off the US to protect the Northern Hemisphere from nuclear warfare during the Cold War? Then they won't back the US in Iraq? WTF? Fight 'em in Iraq or fight 'em here. Your choice, except that the Canadians are letting US soldiers take the lickin'. What about their immigration policies that are even more lax than our own? We've all heard of the attempt by a Commonwealth citizen trying to sneak into the US to bomb us at Y2K.

Let's look at the British now. Who had to go over to Bosnia & clean up all of Europes' mess, right in their own back yard? Same with Iraq & Afghanistan. I didn't see the British jumping in there head first, let alone any of the other Europeans closer to Bosnia. Great, so they backed us up on a few things. Where were they then?

No, I don't think that we can realistically see the Europeans as very good allies.

To be fair there are Canadian snipers in Afghanistan. Nothing like the US military presence but they are there. Canada just doesn't have the same military capability.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:07:49 PM EDT
bump
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:35:32 PM EDT
news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050829/wl_afp/usweathervenezuelaoil_050829235602

As much as it pains me, the commie government down there does control a lot of oil, and I ain't going to turn it down.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:40:23 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cluster:

Originally Posted By shootemup:

didnt he offer already?

besides we dont need the help... sure an offer would be nice and it will be declined ,,

Yes, they did actually offer help. Looks like your joke backfired, shootmeup.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:51:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 12:53:18 PM EDT by MTUSA]
Only one country comes to mind:

<­BR>

NONE

see sig line
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:53:26 PM EDT

Originally Posted By IAMLEGEND:
To be fair there are Canadian snipers in Afghanistan. Nothing like the US military presence but they are there. Canada just doesn't have the same military capability.

The Canadian military has been severely weakened by the current liberal governemnt.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:07:03 PM EDT

Originally Posted By hardcorps1775:
i think europe is like us, they don't really need any help. we have the manpower and resources to handle our own probs. as for india, fuck them, they're the enemy. every bit as bad as red china, iran, and north korea.

They make a wicked Tandoori Chicken though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:09:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/30/2005 1:10:31 PM EDT by pathfinder74]
I'm sure a check is already in the mail same day shipping from France and Germany.

I'd sooner expect to pull a pallet of $100 dollar bills out of my ass than to expect any help from any country on the planet.

I'd venture to say that 99.9% of the countries in the world always enjoy seeing the #1 global superpower having a bad day...

If anything this would be a good time to sneak in a terrorist attack on us... add misery to misery.
Top Top