Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/23/2001 2:26:47 PM EDT
This is for all you kids in the family. In my time this actually happened. This is not an urban legend, we actually did this and not an eyebrow was raised!

I have been working some womenz that I contacted through a personals site. This is the actual, uncut response I got when I threw the gun thing out there for one of them to react to.

HI TC,
OK, target practice, just what do you shoot?  Actually, believe it or not I used to spend some time at target practice.  I was on my schools rifle team.  Better than some but by far not the best.  We used 22 target rifles, our school had a shooting range on the lower floor(not quite a basement, the school was built on a hill) I did qualify for expert marksman, but let me tell you that was back in the dark ages.  I have not done any shooting for a very long time.  What day of the week do you practice, and what time do you usually make it to Applebees?
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Damn,

How old is that women? She must be dry and crusty by now to be able to remember those "good old days".
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 2:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
She's 46 and looks like she has a spry step or two left in her!

Believe it or not! 49 year old men LIKE 46 year old womenz!
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is for all you kids in the family. In my time this actually happened. This is not an urban legend, we actually did this and not an eyebrow was raised!
View Quote

I believe it. NYC public schools used to have rifle teams back in the 1960's and people used to bring guns of all kinds to school all the time and leave them in their locker or the principal's office (so they didn't get stolen, not because anyone thought they'd go postal).

Sad times these days. I'm 23 and I got out of HS right when it was going from bad to worse.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:01:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Northport High School on LI had a rifle time for a long time. They recently stopped the program due to a fear of a buildup of lead dust.
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 7:35:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Hey Guys, believe it or not, I live in a small town in Western Wa. We still have a high school shooting team! My oldest daughter will be going there in 8 years. I hope the program is still around. Who knows I might even want to help coach.
Steve
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:18:17 PM EDT
[#6]
There's a local high school here with a High-Power team, and they shoot ARs. Actually CAV-15s made in the school colors...
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:27:58 PM EDT
[#7]
My sister went to the state finals for our high school team... she's 43 now, doesn't own a gun and hasn't shot for better than 20 years. I'm the only one in the family that kept the bug. Shame I couldn't have a bit of my sisters talent to go with it...
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Am I the only one that still likes 7 and 8 year olds?????
Link Posted: 12/23/2001 9:16:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I hope so!
It would be a better world if it was only you.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:39:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Some things AIN'T Funny
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
There's a local high school here with a High-Power team, and they shoot ARs. Actually CAV-15s made in the school colors...
View Quote

Which school is that?  I need to know which school district to move to...
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 12:48:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

I love this state.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 4:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]
In the late 60s my father was an ROTC instructor at a Houston area high school. My brother and I were 12 and 13. When he had to go in on a Saturday and grade papers he would take us with him. He would hand the keys to the range and gun room to us and let us have at it. We shot until we got tired. Uncle Sam was supplying the ammo and rifles. Now them was the days.

As I recall, every school that had an ROTC program had a rifle range.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm 20, graduated in '00 from Fishburne Military School.  We had a rifle team.  You don't need to be old and crusty to remember times when schools had rifle teams.  There were girls on the RMA rifle team, although they eren't very pretty.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 5:40:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Wickenburg High School.
[url]www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=65415[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top