Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:18:37 AM EDT
but it looks like that time is pretty much over.  Back to GD Bible Study.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:19:44 AM EDT
[#1]
It's pretty simple to not click on threads that are religious in nature if you don't want to read that sort of stuff. I do it with atheist threads all the time.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:19:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:20:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Wah

Do you click on every thread in GD?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:21:32 AM EDT
[#4]
did they close the religion forum or something?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:25:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Pretty soon the only threads allowed in GD will be breaking news stories.

Until we get a forum for them, too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:26:44 AM EDT
[#6]
You have been here a month.

STFU.  

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:26:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Would you prefer the Koran???                          
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:27:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You signed up only 1 month ago, aren't a team member, and you are bitching about what is discussed in the General Discussion?

STFU!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#9]
The Religion forum doesn't give him a big enough audience.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You can always avoid clicking on the topic.

No, he really can't.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:29:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Can I get a witness?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:29:47 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You signed up only 1 month ago, aren't a team member, and you are bitching about what is discussed in the General Discussion?

STFU!

Bitch...slap.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:29:55 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Moi'???

Who posts threads hoping they'll  be obscured?

if that's what any of us wanted, we just simply type out something in Microsoft Word, print it out, and read it over and over to ourselves.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:30:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Can I get a witness?

Heck..you can't even get a clue!

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:30:13 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

STFU.  

Sgatr15

He's probably been here before as someone else.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU!

Also it shows just how shallow some can be. If you dont like it.....CLUE: DONT READ IT!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:32:16 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

STFU.  

Sgatr15

I'll add ....he's right, STFU
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#19]
This thread is destined for one of two places.

The pit or the other pit.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:38:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Would you prefer the Koran???                          

At least it would provide some variety  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:39:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
This thread is destined for one of two places.

The pit or the other pit.

I thought the same thing, but I also thought the "does the devil exist" thread would get moved.
{shrugs} Shows what I know
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#22]
it was so nice back in june, when we had fewer meatheads about.

but it looks like that time is pretty much over.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:43:51 AM EDT
[#23]
August 2002. That was a good month, too.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:48:56 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU!

I'm going to have to go with SWIRE on this one.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:50:32 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

STFU!

I'm going to have to go with SWIRE on this one.

+1

SWIRE and sgtar15 have it right.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:51:34 AM EDT
[#26]
Intelligence is based on seniority now?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Here troll, here troll.  I got some food for you.

Are you afraid you might learn something?

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Well yeah, duh.

See, you're roughly twice as intelligent as I am.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:00:13 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Intelligence is based on seniority post count now?

Fixed.

Sin_Bin was the smartest man alive when he
was pulling 75+ posts a day. In fact, Stephen
Hawkings called him a couple of times for help
with some GU theory calculations.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:01:57 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

If that were the case, your post count would remain at #1.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#31]
I like them here in GD. Nothing better than reading and posting the two radically different views your get whenever religion is discussed.

By the way..... it has been proven that God is a black woman. Any comments?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:06:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." - Capt. W. F. Call, Texas Ranger
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:14:47 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it." - Capt. W. F. Call, Texas Ranger

Thus the smiley....

Rodent knows I was just kidding with him.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:16:35 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

I don't know whose troll account this is, but I have the same advice I have always had:

You no likee?

Then no clickee.

Simple. Effective. And it doesn't restrict anyone else's freedom, though I suspect that is the deal breaker for you...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If that's the worst thing anyone says to me in this thread, I'll be waay ahead of average.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:17:18 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Hope that's the case, but the IM I got makes me wonder.

Either way, I just couldn't resist pointing out the irony.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:26:09 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
You no likee?

Then no clickee.

Hypocrisy alert!

JW, you are as guilty as anybody of making posts that you know will attract flak, and of jumping into threads you disagree with. But that's okay.

I'll try to be serious for a brief moment:

Discussion, which includes disagreement, is the reason this board exists. Spirited disagreement is what makes it fun. (Well, some of the time... )

I have no problem with anyone posting anything within reason, i.e., not so offensive that it will keep people awake at night feeling depressed.

I think it was a good idea to establish a religion forum. GD was being used as a tool to proselytize way too often.

The problem with the religion forum is that it is so narrow-minded and intolerant (I'll leave it to someone else to point out the irony) that no one who isn't a fundamentalist Christian can post there.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

STFU.  

Sgatr15

+1
Wtf is up with all these noobs coming in as if they are senior members, I mean shit just recently saw some new guy talking about water bumping.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:31:16 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Intelligence is based on seniority post count now?

Fixed.

Sin_Bin was the smartest man alive when he
was pulling 75+ posts a day. In fact, Stephen
Hawkings called him a couple of times for help
with some GU theory calculations.

Shut up dummy.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:32:37 AM EDT
[#40]
I'm not religious, so I don't go into that forum.

I do, however, get irritated when a thread asking about a shotgun for 3 gun matches is moved to the shotgun forum while religion threads remain in GD.

We have rules around here, I don't see why they're not followed consistently.

Edit:grammar
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:33:28 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You no likee?

Then no clickee.

Hypocrisy alert!

JW, you are as guilty as anybody of making posts that you know will attract flak, and of jumping into threads you disagree with. But that's okay.

Discussion, which includes disagreement, is the reason this board exists. Spirited disagreement is what makes it fun. (Well, some of the time... )

I have no problem with anyone posting anything within reason, i.e., not so offensive that it will keep people awake at night feeling depressed.

I think it was a good idea to establish a religion forum. GD was being used as a tool to proselytize way too often.

The problem with the religion forum is that it is so narrow-minded and intolerant (I'll leave it to someone else to point out the irony) that no one who isn't a fundamentalist Christian can post there.

No anyone can post there. the folks who always try to put in a jab and belittle the religious folks are the only ones offended.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:39:47 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Hypocrisy alert!

Alright, smarty pants, you point some out.

Wow.

Quite a little imagination you have there!

1. I disagree with the very concept of the BOTD threads. You don't hear me calling for their removal or banning, do you? Your first point is not true.

2. Of course debate is supposed to happen here. That is why I often engage in debate. There is, however, a difference between debating and just being an insulting prick, a difference which some on the site have not mastered.

3. Whats it to you if someone wants to talk about Jesus? Don't click the thread and you won't get preached to.

4. The religion forum is hardly narrow minded and intolerant. This just goes to show how duplicitous the entire RF creation was. People complained that religious posts offended them and whined about it incessantly, and then claimed good riddance when the forum was created.

Then those same people showed up to troll the religious forum, and got upset when 'Nut smacked them for trying to troll in what was supposed to be like a techincal forum.

If you want to go in there and post a reasonable arguement about why you are an agnothist or whatever, you are welcome to do so, and to even debate intelligently.

But when you show up and make jerk posts (as several of your posts in there WERE) then don't complain because they get edited out and claim a Christian conspiracy.

Talk about somebody having a persecution complex....
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:48:24 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

That was alot more Christ like than I would have put it, but right on the money.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:52:17 AM EDT
[#44]

You don't have to be religious to read or post in the Religion forum any more than you have to own an AR15 to read or post in the AR15 forums.

But if you don't have an interest in religion, or in discussing or learning about religion, then I can't see why you'd read or post in the Religion forum.  

I think discussions and arguments are all fine in the Religion forum, so long as the baseline rules are followed.  I enjoy discussing my thoughts on religion and hearing others thoughts as well, so even though I am not "Religious" in the traditional way, I am inclined to visit and post in the forum.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:56:40 AM EDT
[#45]
ARock?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:59:39 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You don't have to be religious to read or post in the Religion forum any more than you have to own an AR15 to read or post in the AR15 forums.

But if you don't have an interest in religion, or in discussing or learning about religion, then I can't see why you'd read or post in the Religion forum.  

I think discussions and arguments are all fine in the Religion forum, so long as the baseline rules are followed.  I enjoy discussing my thoughts on religion and hearing others thoughts as well, so even though I am not "Religious" in the traditional way, I am inclined to visit and post in the forum.

Jim

You mean nobody has called you a heathen devil and tried to drown you with holy water yet?

Imagine that!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 10:00:53 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Jim

You are very correct sir. I don't go into the religious forum, because 1) I'm not religious and 2) I can think of better ways to seek and receieve spiritual advice.

However, my statement above is one of frustration. If I go into the religion forum and ask if I should buy an ACOG or an Aimpoint or ask about carry loads, those threads would be moved to the appropriate forum.

The folks who run this site apparently felt like religion threads and discussions needed a place of their own so they created a forum for it. They also decided that GD was too crowded so they've made a rule that says they'll move threads to the appropriate forum. The trouble with having rules is that they have to be enforced otherwise they're meaningless.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#48]
hhhmmmmm....naaaahh.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:22:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 11:22:54 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You no likee?

Then no clickee.

Hypocrisy alert!

Thre difference is JW never said he didn't want threads to exist - or his only reason for entering a thread being disagreeing with its existence.

He isn't looking to silence anyone. Quite the opposite - he engages discussion.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top