Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2009 2:59:11 PM EDT
As soon as I opened my Email at work today it was non-stop and the phones just wouldn't stop ringing.  
 TGIF, but it is going to be a short weekend.  I have a meeting to attend on Sunday.  

How about the rest of you guys?  

At least I will get some shooting in tomorrow.  

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:03:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Customer wants what takes 150 days done in 90, so everyone is going nuts around here lately.  Worked 43 hours of overtime in the last two weeks, thank God I get paid by the hour! (I'm an engineering intern)  Can't wait to come in on Sunday! :(

At least I get to hit some jeep trails with my Tundra tomorrow
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:04:29 PM EDT
[#2]
7 days on........7 days off. I'm on day 5 of my weekend.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:06:24 PM EDT
[#3]
I work in IT. Normally the my customers like to use Friday for a long weekend. Today was not the case and all of my customers had all sorts of "life changing" problems. A few ice cold adult beverages are in order tonight :)
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't work on Fridays for religious reasons.

I'm a Frisbeetarian. We believe that when you die, your soul flies up onto the roof and you cant get it down without dragging a ladder out from the garage.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#5]
I got a dose of Anthrax today, yippee!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Yes, it was definitely "one of those days."
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:14:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I had a job go south today, was'nt ready so I lost 2k
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:15:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Don't get me started.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:16:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Last day of vaction... Fucking rained all day  

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:18:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Oh well...I spent today taking vacation after getting a colonoscopy yesterday.  Nothing like an anesthetic hangover and a hurting ass to make your day!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:19:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Had 4 large orders to ship today and I didn't want my guys wasting time on them because we've had an awesome July and work has piled up. So, i decided to pack most of it up and half way through I dropped a pallet on top of my left foot. It still hurts like hell, swollen and turning purple. Will be interesting to see if I can walk on it tomorrow.

So, yeah I had one of those days.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Meh.  It was an ok day.  I took the day off to go see a friend that's terminally ill with Lou Gehrig's disease.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:51:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Meh. It was an ok day. I took the day off to go see a friend that's terminally ill with Lou Gehrig's disease.

Ok, you win.  
 I am sorry to hear that.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I got to leave at lunch to go to the dentist for a cleaning. Had a cute little Asian dental hygienist. Afterwards, I had a friend pick me up and we went to the best gun store in town(great service & selection but slightly higher prices). Bought some Break-Free CLP and 60 rounds of Hornady 185 gr JHP/XTP and 100 rounds of 147 gr Ranger SXT 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I got to leave at lunch to go to the dentist for a cleaning. Had a cute little Asian dental hygienist. Afterwards, I had a friend pick me up and we went to the best gun store in town(great service & selection but slightly higher prices). Bought some Break-Free CLP and 60 rounds of Hornady 185 gr JHP/XTP and 100 rounds of 147 gr Ranger SXT 9mm.

P&D?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:00:28 PM EDT
[#17]
First day of my Staycation. Felt sick all day; had to go to work twice. Got home at 6pm and put my PJs on, went to bed. 'Night.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:05:38 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Customer wants what takes 150 days done in 90, so everyone is going nuts around here lately.  Worked 43 hours of overtime in the last two weeks, thank God I get paid by the hour! (I'm an engineering intern)  Can't wait to come in on Sunday! :(

Wait until you aren't an intern and they have you on salary.

My first job out of school (ComSci) went from 55 hrs/wk to 60 hrs/wk to 70 hrs/wk to 80 hrs/wk. I lasted 13 months at that place.

All said and done, I made about the same as the guy at McD's flipping my burgers.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh well...I spent today taking vacation after getting a colonoscopy yesterday.  Nothing like an anesthetic hangover and a hurting ass to make your day!

WIMP I have done it  and went back to work the next day.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:08:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Yeah, it was one of those days and I had the day off too...

I spent 4 hours on the phone and another 2 on the computer...  Hope I don't get any more Friday's off!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:10:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

P&D?

Well I'm sure as hell not talking about milarm.

I love P&D. They will get lots of money from me.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#22]
Was a good day... Looks like I may become the assistant chief in the State...
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:00:21 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

P&D?

Well I'm sure as hell not talking about milarm.

I love P&D. They will get lots of money from me.

I just bought 2 wilson combat 10 rounders and 2 boxes of Gold Dot 230gr ammo from them and I bought my first pistol, a USP9mm from them too.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:07:01 PM EDT
[#24]
So busy at work that I never stopped from start to finish time. No breaks, no lunch. But................got everything done.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 5:32:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Used a 60-ton crane, a new Holland skid steer, torches, gas-saws, chainsaws and other tools to take down and fully dismantle a large & raised two-tower chiller - and its surrounding protective cage - on the top of a hospital roof (in the blazing south Florida sun) this week.  Got it done without getting anyone killed or hurt, and didn't catch the whole thing on fire (unlike, according to the crane-operator who was at another location, the Haitians who did a similar chiller last week... big fire on that roof).

My shoulder and neck muscles are knotted up and painful from all of the tool-use and climbing.  I'm sun-burned and beat up.  My wrists wake me up at night to tell me how painful they are from pulling on things & workin' 'em.

I came home covered in 30+ years of pigeon shit most days this week.

Having a phone ring all day and e-mails to answer seems like a pretty nice job to have.  Don't know why I gave it up.

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:24:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Oh well...I spent today taking vacation after getting a colonoscopy yesterday. Nothing like an anesthetic hangover and a hurting ass to make your day!

WIMP I have done it and went back to work the next day.

Lol...did your job involve driving 3 hours?
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:39:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Decent day at work today.  We had a wind blowing off the Gulf of Mexico for part of the day, so it wasn't insanely hot.  We had tomato gravy with biscuits for breakfast, then sub sandwiches from Lenny's for lunch.  The company's actually springing for our meals during this shutdown, day and night.  And the best part, I'm on vacation for seven days starting tomorrow!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:41:18 PM EDT
[#28]
Drove four hours today from Bedford, VA. to Williamsburg, VA. Spent one hour abandoning an old 400' water well, and drove back. The perfect Friday. Away from the shop, away from the owners, away from the fucked up drill rigs that need new o-rings from front to back.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#29]
My motorcycle broke down and I had to find a ride to my truck in order to pick it up and take it home.

I sweated my ass off and waited in a parking lot for 4 hours.

It was one of those days.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 7:44:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Just another day trying to unravel the red tape of a bloated bureaucracy.  Today I removed about an inch from a mile of bullshit.  If it weren't Friday I would cry!
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:13:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I don't work on Fridays for religious reasons.

I'm a Frisbeetarian. We believe that when you die, your soul flies up onto the roof and you cant get it down without dragging a ladder out from the garage.

I am interested in joining your flock.  Please send brochure.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:17:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Cool religion. I'd join in 15 year-old virgins were involved.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#33]
Today was a Range Day. (I'm the Rangemaster) Got to shoot my 11-87P and M1A an the Offices dime. T!G!I!F!  I love that the gubment pays me to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#34]
No, mine actually went pretty well for a change. Most days at work are more of a clusterfuck.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:42:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Thankfully at 2am yesterday, I was told I had tonight off, thus why I am drunk.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:43:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Naw, today was a good day, yesterday was the head explode day.
Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:46:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Mine went slow and boring, watching the clock tick(and surfing ARFcom

), until 15min before my shift end. I had even already partially changed out of my uniform, and I got a service call.

Had to change back into uniform and ended up working an hour overtime to finish the project.

Quoted:

Just another day trying to unravel the red tape of a bloated
bureaucracy. Today I removed about an inch from a mile of
bullshit
. If it weren't Friday I would cry!

I'm going to remember that one!

Link Posted: 7/31/2009 8:50:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait until you aren't an intern and they have you on salary.

My first job out of school (ComSci) went from 55 hrs/wk to 60 hrs/wk to 70 hrs/wk to 80 hrs/wk. I lasted 13 months at that place.

All said and done, I made about the same as the guy at McD's flipping my burgers.

I'm a CS major also. My first two employers were notorious about underbidding the schedule and manhours on projects, which meant us salaried folks got to make it up with 50-60 hour weeks at no cost to the company. People tended to not last long at those places.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 11:53:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cool religion. I'd join in 15 year-old virgins were involved.

We tried that, but our Louisiana affiliates felt left out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top