Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2012 1:33:13 PM EDT
Been reading up on these synthetic "bath salts" and what I am reading is pretty scary. Alot of them are turning people into crazed superhuman zombies. Ok I added the zombie part but the guy that ate the face of the other person in florida is now suspected of being on the bath salts. What they are saying is some of these new synthetic drugs are like meth on steroids. The drugs give superhuman strength and make the users paranoid which is just what we don't need. Oh and did I mention that the bath salts are legal! So there you go, just let this drug go unchecked and in a few months we are going to have hoards of zombie junkies roaming the streets.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep - been seeing more and more of this in FL for the last two or more years.  Several guys to hold down a 150lb guy high on this crap.  No pain registering.  Cheap and easy to get access to.  Here we go...
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:44:51 PM EDT
[#2]
do you have a source that states he was under the influence of "bath salts" since this is the first time i have heard it. also, "bath salts" are not legal everywhere. for instance, they are illegal in Va.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:47:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
do you have a source that states he was under the influence of "bath salts" since this is the first time i have heard it. also, "bath salts" are not legal everywhere. for instance, they are illegal in Va.

Last I read it was speculation - I dont think all the tox results are back yet.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:56:41 PM EDT
[#4]
No source confirming it yet. If you read my first post, I said "suspected" which is what one of the yahoo articles and a newsclip I watched on it both said. I've been reading up on it alot lately and  have to say I saw some footage of average looking guys that were on the stuff and it was taking several cops to hold them down. One guy was growling like an animal while the cops were standing all over him trying to keep him from going crazy. It is certainly something to think about. According to one article on the bath salts, the regulators cant agree on what to do with it since there are many varieties and all use different formulas so not as simple as just saying chemical x is banned. I think some areas have put temporary bans on bath salts but those temporary bans are about to expire.

The scary thing to me is if we have a bunch of drug addicts using legal drugs that make the paranoid and give them superhuman strength plus limits their registering of pain... that is not good. Combine that with an economy that continues to struggle and I am concerned that if something bad happens, we could have a huge segment of society that gives up so to speak and just takes the drugs to check out.

Now for the scary part... those junked up addicts will not really be zombies but just ordinary people that are all doped up on those synthetic drugs. I think most on this forum are already set on how they feel about defending their home, family, etc but just to play devils advocate... what if you live in a large city and lets just say 10,000 people end up getting addicted to the stuff in a short period of time. THink the local police force would be ready to deal with that?
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 12:59:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Is this bath salts stuff the same stuff that comes off the shelf in the store or something that some evil-doer druggie creeps are making?
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 1:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Im not a fan of ABC news in any way but it isn't a bad primer on the subject.

bath salts video clip - abc news

web md had a pretty good writeup that suggests suicidal tendancies continue even after drug effects wear off

and this one includes a very graphic description of the face eating incident on florida. Warning... do not watch the video if you are sensative to very graphic descriptions of the violent act.
video with very graphic description of the incident in florida
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 1:16:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 1:35:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Is this bath salts stuff the same stuff that comes off the shelf in the store or something that some evil-doer druggie creeps are making?

China.

Link Posted: 6/5/2012 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#9]
they are not really bath salts, that is just a loophole that the drug makers use to sell them legally since bath salts would not be for human consumption. I've not personally seen them, just been doing alot of reading up on the subject. I think this is one of the better overall writeups on the subject:
good writeup on bath salts
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 2:02:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
No source confirming it yet. If you read my first post, I said "suspected" which is what one of the yahoo articles and a newsclip I watched on it both said. I've been reading up on it alot lately and  have to say I saw some footage of average looking guys that were on the stuff and it was taking several cops to hold them down. One guy was growling like an animal while the cops were standing all over him trying to keep him from going crazy. It is certainly something to think about. According to one article on the bath salts, the regulators cant agree on what to do with it since there are many varieties and all use different formulas so not as simple as just saying chemical x is banned. I think some areas have put temporary bans on bath salts but those temporary bans are about to expire.

The scary thing to me is if we have a bunch of drug addicts using legal drugs that make the paranoid and give them superhuman strength plus limits their registering of pain... that is not good. Combine that with an economy that continues to struggle and I am concerned that if something bad happens, we could have a huge segment of society that gives up so to speak and just takes the drugs to check out.

Now for the scary part... those junked up addicts will not really be zombies but just ordinary people that are all doped up on those synthetic drugs. I think most on this forum are already set on how they feel about defending their home, family, etc but just to play devils advocate... what if you live in a large city and lets just say 10,000 people end up getting addicted to the stuff in a short period of time. THink the local police force would be ready to deal with that?

in Va its the actual base chemicals that are banned so there is no question if it is legal or not no matter what its being called this week. if you dont pass laws with specifics then you can bypass them. example, you ban marijuana by name but not the chemicals in it then THC is still technically legal. also our ban on them is not temp. "bath salts", "spice", and "K2" are all illegal in Va.
Link Posted: 6/5/2012 4:37:05 PM EDT
[#11]
It's some nasty crap.  Dealt with people on it.  They are a real problem.  

It's all about money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top