Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2002 7:35:14 PM EDT
A gun could have made this turn out quite different.  Note she didn't even call the cops!!!

from www.king5.com

Witness speaks out in Burkheimer murder case
10/10/2002

By DEBORAH FELDMAN / KING 5 News

SEATTLE – Thursday, the lone female witness to the kidnapping or Rachel Burkheimer broke her silence to KING 5.

She told KING 5 what she saw the day Rachel disappeared and the reason she never called the police.

Trissa Conner says she never met Rachel Burkheimer before she saw her bound and gagged in her garage on Sept. 23.

“She did have a mark on her eye, a black eye. But she wasn't bloody. She just looked hot, she was nervous,” said Trissa.

Trissa says when she walked into her own garage and saw the girl propped against the wall, she was able to understand her when she said her name was Rachel.

“I ran into the kitchen, grabbed a knife, and ran back and asked, ‘Are you OK, honey?’ and she shook her head ‘no’ and I said I'm gonna get you out of here and she shook her head ‘yes’ and then I started cutting the ropes on the back of her hands,” said Trissa.

Trissa says she had cut about half-way through the mass of ropes when John Diggy Anderson, Rachel’s on-again, off-again boyfriend, grabbed her and shoved her out of the garage.

Soon after, Trissa saw them carrying a large, black duffel bag out of the garage and watched them drive away with it. But she says she never dreamed Rachel was about to be killed.

She says once she learned Rachel was missing, it was her fear of Anderson that kept her from calling police.

“I'm the only woman that’s seen anything. He knows I seen it. He knows I was yelling at him and screaming at him in my garage. If I say anything, he'll probably just come back here and get me,” she says.

But now that Trissa knows that Rachel is dead, she says she wants the girl’s parents to know something.

“I'm sorry that this happened to them. And I don't want them to think I didn't try. Because I did,” she said.

Link Posted: 10/10/2002 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Useless waste of skin.

A she was bound and gagged, but I didn't think they'd KILL her.

She should go to jail too.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:05:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad, really really sad.
Link Posted: 10/10/2002 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll second the 'waste of skin' vote.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top