Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/17/2003 9:48:02 AM EDT
Did anyone else catch the "Tales of the Gun" on History channel yesterday?  They showed a multi-barrel cannon from a company called "Metalstorm" or somthing like that, it fired almost 1,000,000 rounds a minute.

It was made from stacks of barrels each loaded with a caseless, electronic fired rounds stuffed 120 to the barrel.  They are set off sequentially by a computer and this thing volley fires a storm of them.

They were also working on a selectable barrel, lethal or less-lethal computer contolled gun for cops.  It takes a magic ring to operate. So they claim it is safer as well.  

They showed it firing, or the pretended too.

Anybody know anything interesting about this stuff?  Was it real or did I miss the part about,"someday in the future."
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:11:45 AM EDT
[#1]
dupe, dupe, dupe, dupe

IBTL.  IBTL.  IBTL.
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:21:08 AM EDT
[#2]
yup, seen it before
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 10:36:28 AM EDT
[#3]
This has been in every gun e-mail list, forum and newsgroup multiple times the past 3-4 years.

Everyone once in a while someone has to tell me about it in person too.

Doesn't anyone pay attention ?
IBTL
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 12:55:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Angst, I feel your angst. [rolleyes]

Only problem with this gun is that you have to change the barrel every 2.5 seconds. [;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top