Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 1/19/2015 3:48:41 AM EST
OK, I just applied the lotion again. Been doing it all week several times a day. It isn't really helping.

It's still chaffed and cracking , really dry.

I went cheap and got the Equate brand to save a dollar because I usually use whatever my girlfriend or wife , whichever the case may be, at that time has on hand. The ladies keep the high dollar stuff and it really works.

I need suggestions on what brand to get, or at least the ingredients that should be in there, like cocoa butter, or other stuff.

The only thing is the thick creamy ones are usually a little greasy feeling, and I hate having that all over my hands. I would like something that will dry in sort of quick.

Any brands?

Thanks
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:50:10 AM EST
Oh, it's only the left elbow. I lean on it a lot out of habit. The right one doesn't get chaffed, but is is still a bit dry, as are the back f my hands. Every winter they get like that.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 3:53:05 AM EST
Only one place men put lotion, and it's not the hands.

Sorry, I can't help you, my friend.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:00:33 AM EST
Get you a pumice stone and scrub ur elbows with it. Gotta get rid of the dead skin before lotion will work.

trust me it works.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:02:45 AM EST
Cut the tip off an old sock. Put lotion on the elbow, then put the sock over the elbow to keep it in place so it wont rub off easily. Sleep with it on.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:17:52 AM EST
Thanks

if I can talk myself into going over to the trailer tomorrow ( in our back yard, I lived there from my first marriage in 92 until just about a year before my dad had his big stroke in 2008 ) I think one of the wives or girlfriends left a pumice stone, and actually there's a lot of fancy lotion over there. I don't like using some of it because it smells way too good, and I don't want to smell like lotion when I go somewhere being single now.

Reason I hesitate going over is there hasn't been power in four years, and spiders, man, spiders. I hate spiders.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 4:49:21 AM EST
Uh, yea. Ladies with lotion can help me too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:22:25 AM EST
Lubriderm Daily Moisture, "for normal to dry skin, no added fragrance". White bottle, blue label.

At night before bed, rub some Bag Balm (green square tin) on the elbow for serious help.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:28:45 AM EST
Drink more water.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:33:10 AM EST
Burt's Bees. It's not cheap but it works. My hands would be bleeding this time of year without it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:34:33 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 5:38:33 AM EST by RDak]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By leatherface_y2k:
Burt's Bees. It's not cheap but it works. My hands would be bleeding this time of year without it.
View Quote

One way to avoid this is to buy homemade soaps that still contain the glycerin (commercial soaps extract the glycerin for industrial and cosmetic uses) and wash your hands most of the time with that type of soap.

Over time the dry hands will clear up usually.

You can buy big blocks of melt and pour soaps that you just heat up and pour into a waxed paper coated glass dish, once cooled (usually overnight) you cut up into bars and you have good soap with glycerin in it. It prevents this drying and cracking over time.

MANY sites have melt and pour soaps in bulk.

The Goats Milk or Shea Butter selection would be a good one and make many bars.....
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 5:39:07 AM EST
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:14:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By -GunNutJuell-:
Only one place men put lotion, and it's not only/just the hands.

Sorry, I can't help you, my friend.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 6:26:43 AM EST
Aquaphor

It is greasy and doesn't absorb in very quickly, but it is the best stuff around. I work in a restaurant and wash my hands so much that they crack and bleed. This stuff is the only thing that works. You can use it as chapstick or lip balm as well. Put it on before you go to bed to avoid the greazy feeling. Seriously, I have tried so many lotions, all have failed but this one.

All the younger guys at my work that are constantly getting tattoos use this on their new tattoos as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:29:01 AM EST
If you want something that absorbs quickly, Cerave.

Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:34:15 AM EST
Originally Posted By pavlovwolf:
Thanks

if I can talk myself into going over to the trailer tomorrow ( in our back yard, I lived there from my first marriage in 92 until just about a year before my dad had his big stroke in 2008 ) I think one of the wives or girlfriends left a pumice stone, and actually there's a lot of fancy lotion over there. I don't like using some of it because it smells way too good, and I don't want to smell like lotion when I go somewhere being single now.

Reason I hesitate going over is there hasn't been power in four years, and spiders, man, spiders. I hate spiders.

View Quote

Mix a little Hoppes in with it and smell like a MAN!
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:35:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 1/19/2015 9:37:47 AM EST by TecRsq]
Never fails to deliver.

GD lotion request from man.

Man card revocation panel, call to assemble.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:37:29 AM EST
The Neutrogena Norwegian Hand lotion is the best for cracked dry skin.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:37:42 AM EST
Originally Posted By RDak:
Drink more water.
View Quote

This. Your skin is the largest organ in the body. It's likely showing severe dehydration. Drinking more water and less shit like sodas, juice, and alcohol, takes a lifestyle change. Do it. You'll live longer.

Medication or at minimum bag balm for the open wounds. Scrub the dead skin off with a stone and lotion everything else. Keep a bandage on it.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:37:44 AM EST
burts bees hand salve. its kinda oily, but absorbs quickly and it will heal up cracked skin quickly
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:38:24 AM EST
the lotion on it is skin
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:41:16 AM EST
Originally Posted By TecRsq:
Never fails to deliver.

GD lotion request from man.

Man card revocation panel, call to assemble.
View Quote

Get over yourself, Grizzly Adams.

OP, I use Aveeno. Works great and doesn't leave my hands too greasy at all. I HATE that greasy lotion feel, but Aveeno I can tolerate. I've heard Gold Bond lotion is great as well.
Link Posted: 1/19/2015 9:53:54 AM EST
Is there a console in his semi?
Top Top