Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/17/2013 6:10:44 AM EDT
Pope Benedict knows his days are numbered, he knows that when a dies a new Pontiff will be selected by the College of Cardinals. Being on a morgue slab Pope Benedict will not be able to push his successor. Alive he can influence the College and keep his policies intact with his "people". His true enemies and detractors are now jockeying for position as Benedict will try to influence those Cardianls on the fence. It may be that he knows the wind of change with celibacy, gay clergy and other things are going to be pushed by his detractors, policies that he was against. He mentioned one time that the conclave must not select a new Pontiff who will destry the church. Stand by for a lot of black smoke and a wild ride.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:13:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Holy cow your on to him.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:13:34 AM EDT
[#2]
He just can't stand the thought of getting whacked in the head with a hammer and is afraid they might do it if he just nods off.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:13:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Popin' ain't easy. Benedict is no dummy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:14:47 AM EDT
[#4]
In before Obama is made pope....
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:15:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Popin' ain't easy. Benedict is no dummy.

Shrewd move making sure his guy gets in
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:16:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
He just can't stand the thought of getting whacked in the head with a hammer and is afraid they might do it if he just nods off.

A hammer would be too obvious, more like a smothering pillow, yeah when he is really sick his guard might be down, so while he still has his faculties he can influence peddle

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:18:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I think it's time for a Jewish Pope

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:20:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

no shit!

I am not Catholic but a lot of My wife's family are.  This might be the most important selection ever.  With the muzzys, the liberals and media pushing in from all sides the next pope is going to have to not be afraid of ruffling some feathers and possibly even starting wars.  Push is coming to shove and I am happy the Lord is on our side in it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:20:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Dead he can't talk.

Alive he can talk.

This "suddenly hit you"?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#10]
The most conservative candidate is from Africa.

It'll be interesting to see if they decide to go with such a dramatic change as the church is shrinking in Europe but growing in the 3rd World. One of the Italians would seem like a choice but that'd possibly  open up the scandal of Italian priests frequenting gay clubs again.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:24:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Benedict has appointed 67 of the current voting cardinals, compared to only 51 remaining from JPII. I think he has little to worry about.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:24:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Its been reported from several sources that the resigned Pope can/will have no say in a successor or policy.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:25:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

It'll be interesting to see if they decide to go with such a dramatic change as the church is shrinking in Europe but growing in the 3rd World. One of the Italians would seem like a choice but that'd possibly  open up the scandal of Italian priests frequenting gay clubs again.

It's also interesting as far as the name of said African candidate.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:26:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no shit!

I am not Catholic but a lot of My wife's family are.  This might be the most important selection ever.  With the muzzys, the liberals and media pushing in from all sides the next pope is going to have to not be afraid of ruffling some feathers and possibly even starting wars.  Push is coming to shove and I am happy the Lord is on our side in it.

If he's given The Nobel Peace Prize a few days into his presidency based on his illustrious bullshit of what he could do,then  I mean why not?

I'm sure there is some jackass lib pushing for it. Just like the ones that want to give him a 3rd term.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:26:40 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Dead he can't talk.

Alive he can talk.

This "suddenly hit you"?
He "saw" what other Popes did not, staying until the very end to influence not just Pontificate

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

A muslim pope? Well, that is one way to reach across party lines.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:40:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

no shit!

If he's given The Nobel Peace Prize a few days into his presidency based on his illustrious bullshit of what he could do,then  I mean why not?

I'm sure there is some jackass lib pushing for it. Just like the ones that want to give him a 3rd term.
I have to disagree, the new Pope will be cut from Ratzinger's cloth, the will be no Lionel Richie concerts at the Vatican

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:42:02 AM EDT
[#18]
He just doesn't want to be responsible for taking his flock thru the end of days.

He knows it is coming.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:45:22 AM EDT
[#19]
He'll be quietly waiting for the right moment to issue Order 66.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:45:32 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A hammer would be too obvious, more like a smothering pillow, yeah when he is really sick his guard might be down, so while he still has his faculties he can influence peddle

Historically, it was poison.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:48:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
He just doesn't want to be responsible for taking his flock thru the end of days.

He knows it is coming.

If it is coming I say Bring IT!  Told my wife the other day that it looks that way to me and she was sad for the grand kids not having much of a life.  I told her they aren't going to have much of one the way things are going any way so might as well get to see the end of it all might be pretty exciting.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:50:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Rabid for Pope
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:52:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think he was referring to the practice of smacking a dead pope in the head with a silver hammer to ensure that he's really dead.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Its been reported from several sources that the resigned Pope can/will have no say in a successor or policy.

And you believe that?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 6:59:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Dumbass Americans don't elect the Pope, so the muzzy president is out.
There is no push for changes on moral issues or traditions. Also I don't think the next Pope will be from the U.S.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:00:29 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

In his mind, that'd be a demotion.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:03:30 AM EDT
[#27]
They need to bring back heresy as a capital offense.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:03:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The most conservative from Africa is named Peter correct?  So Peter would move to Vatican city in Rome?  Could he then be considered Peter the Roman?

ETA:  Wouldn't it be a bad idea to fulfill a prophecy of destruction?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There is no push for changes on moral issues or traditions. Also I don't think the next Pope will be from the U.S.

Was there ever a pope from the US?
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:15:57 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The most conservative from Africa is named Peter correct?  So Peter would move to Vatican city in Rome?  Could he then be considered Peter the Roman?

ETA:  Wouldn't it be a bad idea to fulfill a prophecy of destruction?

Pope Jamal I, Pope Deshawn I

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:51:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Cardinal Turkson does have a Muslim uncle.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Strictly speaking no, he doesn't.  The college of cardinals will make the choice but you'd have to be supremely naive to think that he won't have a lot of influence in the matter.

They will pick a new Pontiff probably by April.  They will not wait until Benedict passes on.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 7:56:20 AM EDT
[#33]
I hope the new guy addresses shitting in the woods and pointy hats.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#34]
The pope doesn't have any authority with the KKK crapping outside the bonfire circle during the rallies.  I doubt they'd take seriously any papal proclamation on the matter.

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:12:42 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it's time for a Jewish Pope

Where do I sign up?  

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:17:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Petrus Romanus (Peter of Rome)
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:19:24 AM EDT
[#38]
Oh no you don't.  There are enough conspiracy theories and foaming at the mouth zealots as it is.  A Jewish pope would unite every "The Jews and/or Catholics are secretly controlling bla bla bla" type there is and cause a massive amount of head explosions.

Actually, that could work out.

Quoted:

Where do I sign up?  

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:22:04 AM EDT
[#39]
I think he just ran out of ideas of things to give up for Lent.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:23:40 AM EDT
[#40]
The Pitbull knows he's to weak and time is short.

He needs a hand in the next Pope to contend with the  pedophiles

And the Liberal Obama Catholics ...I still dont understand why they stay..

Besides.....1 more to go then the worls goes boom
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 8:26:17 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The only thing the Pope can do to influence the Conclave has already been done when he appointed some new Cardinals.  On February 28th he will enter a cloister and that is all.

Like the Zero appointments.to the Supreme Court.
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:06:47 AM EDT
[#42]
If shit goes down, am i gonna get to use all these guns and ammo and stuff
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:09:18 AM EDT
[#43]
Nah, he has a new gig.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:10:52 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Was there ever a pope from the US?
No, and there never will be, Catholics for the most part in the US are too liberal.

Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:12:18 AM EDT
[#45]
when the Pope called in to bob & tom he said it best

he said "I am too pooped to Pope'
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:15:48 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

LMAO!  
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 9:16:21 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 10:11:44 AM EDT
[#49]
he had to resign to stop the impact of DA14 on Friday
Link Posted: 2/17/2013 11:00:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Someone on here said it, but I agree.  I think he just saw the negative impact on the church that comes from a Pope too old and infirm to lead, and doesn't want that now or in the near future.

His interest and opinion will have a great impact on the choice of the next Pope whether he's alive or dead.  Everyone with a voice in the decision was picked by him or by John Paul II, who was of similar mind.  That's not even a variable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top