Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/19/2015 9:15:13 AM EST
I guess you could say I have a sensitive face. I'm lazy and don't/didn't shave but every 3rd or 4th day, then it itched like crazy before and after the shave. I'd always used a 3 or 4 blade razors. One day I decided to use electric clippers before shaving, like the ones they use to cut your hair, just a smaller version. It took the whiskers down to a one days growth length. Shaving was so much easier and no more itching afterwards.

Then me being lazy again, I decided to skip the shave after the trim one weekend. Interesting, the dreaded itch at day 3 hadn't returned, next day, still good. This is strange, I've never not shaved for a whole week and it's still not itching. I'll give it another week and see how it goes. Well, I'm about a month and a half into my first beard and it has itched zero times.

Statistically, I'm a little past the midway point between birth and death, and I just now am able to grow my first beard. It feels a bit odd. I go to touch my face and I just feel hair. I don't like hair in my food, but everything I eat or drink now comes in contact with hair. I have to wash my beard after eating. Young girl at work says it makes me look old. What do I care, I don't have to shave.

I think the issue was that the whiskers at several days of growth were being laid flat, then cut by the razor, leaving them with a sharp pointed end, allowing them to poke back into my face and itch. The clippers cut them at more of a 90 degree angle, resulting in no itch.

This is the story of my beard.
Top Top