Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2009 7:03:14 AM EDT

Went camping at the lake this weekend. For being in Nebraska I have to say this lake has beach sand that rivals some of the best tropical resorts in the world. The beaches are that good. If only the water was....

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:04:21 AM EDT
[#1]
I live in Florida so I have South Beach.....
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:05:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Yeah well, in Nebaska we have.....Ummm....We haaaave......Its coming to me....Gimme a minute.......

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Went camping at the lake this weekend. For being in Nebraska I have to say this lake has beach sand that rivals some of the best tropical resorts in the world. The beaches are that good. If only the water was....

http://www.lakemcconaughy.com/images/lake.jpg

What lake is that and where in the state?

ETA: now I see the name but where abouts is it?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:06:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You enjoy looking at bathing homos?
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:06:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Nebraska? ...where is this in Nebraska? (sorry, I live in Michigan and don't get out much...)
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.lakemcconaughy.com/images/lake.jpg

What lake is that and where in the state?

ETA: now I see the name but where abouts is it?

Think of Wyoming, with a amazingly good lake. Its about 10 or 15 miles north of I-80 about 30 miles or so from the Colorado border. Its in the start of the sand hills which is why the beaches are so nice. But its funny, I mean literally your driving through praires and pastures then come over a hill and WOW theres a big blue jewel of a lake.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:08:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I live in Germany, we have a 100 foot long "beach" at the local lake. Every time the temperature gets over 60 degrees F, the "beach" is immediately covered with hairy women named Olga who may have been good looking during the Weimar Republic.

I miss home.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:08:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Nebraska? ...where is this in Nebraska? (sorry, I live in Michigan and don't get out much...)

Google search "Ogallala, Ne", its about 10 or 15 miles north of that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:14:32 AM EDT
[#9]
Been camping there every year for the last 9 years.   Its always a good time.  Though the weather can get a little
interesting from time to time.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:16:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

You also have meat gazers

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 7:17:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Been camping there every year for the last 9 years.   Its always a good time.  Though the weather can get a little
interesting from time to time.

Yep, and when the weather turns bad you find out real quick who knows how to tie down a tent and who doesnt.
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:41:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Dt kinda
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 8:42:00 AM EDT
[#13]
Hope you had a good time.  South Beach is a lot of work for a fat pale midwestern male.  I think Nebraska might be friendlier
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#14]
All you South Beach haters are just jealous because we got all the "girls gone wild" wet t-shirt parties, minus the t-shirts....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top