Page / 3
Posted: 6/12/2003 11:32:57 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/927863/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Excellent.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:38:05 AM EDT
[#2]
If the the shit hadn't hit the fan yet over there, it's about to get coated in it if this is true.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:38:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Well the terrorist loving pussies in OUR State Department will find some way to help Hamas escape again.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Godspeed to the Israeli military forces.  I hope their leaders will have the conviction to follow this through to the end.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:39:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Once Hamas is destroyed, peace might actually have a chance.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:41:12 AM EDT
[#6]
It's about time!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:42:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Once Hamas is destroyed, peace might actually have a chance.
View Quote

No, Hamas is a start. After Hamas, Islamic Jihad and Hezbullah have to be taken down. THEN peace may have a chance.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:45:05 AM EDT
[#8]
FINALLY! YES!  THE GLOVES COME OFF! I hope they kill Arafat too!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:46:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Go Israel!!!! I sure hope they do the job right. From the article, it sounds like they've finally had enough.

Get Some!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:46:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:51:44 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:54:32 AM EDT
[#12]
It's Hammer Time...  and it's gonna get ugly.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:57:13 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#14]

[Uninformed Opinion mode]

The Israeli Army can not destroy Hamas or Hezbolla or Islamic Jihad. In trying they'll only light new fires of hatred against them.

There will never be peace nor the effective destruction of Hamas or any Palestinian terrorist group until the Palestinian people THEMSELVES actively turn against these groups.

It's going to have to take Palestinians to destroy Palestinian terrorism.

The Israeli Army may temporarily weaken it, but it won't be a clean cut to the head of the snake. Innocent Palestinians will be hit as well. That will just fuel more hatred of Israeli actions among Palestinians.

Palestinian terrorists have a virtual dictatorship over the Palestinian people that won't be broken by Israel or us.

It's up to the [u]Palestinian people[/u] to stop supporting and protecting them and turn against them, root them out of their society, expose them and help in the efforts to capture or kill the leaders and henchmen of Hamas et al..

That said, Israel has every right to defend itself against any terrorist group anywhere by any means it believes is necessary.

And it SHOULD be going after these terrorist groups with the utmost extreme fury. It's about damn time.

[/Uninformed Opinion mode]

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:00:40 PM EDT
[#15]
let the streets flow with the blood of the infidels!

no, wait, I'm an infidel!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:03:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Godspeed the Israeli army in this important task.

[50]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:04:32 PM EDT
[#17]
As far as I'm concerned, there are no legitimate "Palestinian people". Therefore, eliminating all who are posing as Palestinians should be fairly effective. Sounds terrible, but it may be necessary.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:06:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

The Israeli Army can not destroy Hamas or Hezbolla or Islamic Jihad. In trying they'll only light new fires of hatred against them.

There will never be peace nor the effective destruction of Hamas or any Palestinian terrorist group until the Palestinian people THEMSELVES actively turn against these groups.

It's going to have to take Palestinians to destroy Palestinian terrorism.

The Israeli Army may temporarily weaken it, but it won't be a clean cut to the head of the snake. Innocent Palestinians will be hit as well. That will just fuel more hatred of Israeli actions among Palestinians.

Palestinian terrorists have a virtual dictatorship over the Palestinian people that won't be broken by Israel or us.

It's up to the [u]Palestinian people[/u] to stop supporting and protecting them and turn against them, root them out of their society, expose them and help in the efforts to capture or kill the leaders and henchmen of Hamas et al..

That said, Israel has every right to defend itself against any terrorist group anywhere by any means it believes is necessary.

And it SHOULD be going after these terrorist groups with the utmost extreme fury. It's about damn time.

View Quote

You are quite correct but the Palistinian people are going to have to get over it, otherwise they are going to bring a Final Solution upon themselves.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:09:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
As far as I'm concerned, there are no legitimate "Palestinian people". Therefore, eliminating all who are posing as Palestinians should be fairly effective. Sounds terrible, but it may be necessary.
View Quote

no worse than the Germans killing all the "Jews" during WWII.  

got to love the irony.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:16:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

got to love the irony.
View Quote

There is no irony. For there to be irony the Jews of Europe would have had to have spent the 40 years prior to Hitler blowing up school busses and shops, killing innocent women and children.

They never did anything of the sort, and all but the most rabid anti-semite knows this. They didn't even significantly resist their demise.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:21:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO, "We musn't fight the people who are trying to kill us, they'll get mad and hate us even more!"

Macallan, I am very surprised you're taking that tack with Israel's offensive. That is a, dare I say, somewhat lefty-pacifist view. Besides, is it even possible to push people who strap bombs on their bodies and commit suicide just so they can take a few Israelis with them to hate even more than that?
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#22]
The Palestinians have chosen unwisely....

Long Live Israel.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

got to love the irony.
View Quote

There is no irony. For there to be irony the Jews of Europe would have had to have spent the 40 years prior to Hitler blowing up school busses and shops, killing innocent women and children.

They never did anything of the sort, and all but the most rabid anti-semite knows this. They didn't even significantly resist their demise.
View Quote

AL,

You're casting pearls before swine.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:26:05 PM EDT
[#24]
CRY HAVOCK, and lets slip the dogs of war!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:26:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
FINALLY! YES!  THE GLOVES COME OFF! I hope they kill Arafat too!
View Quote

exactly, go get some!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#26]
You're not going to destroy HAMAS without invading Syria.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:27:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

LMAO, "We musn't fight the people who are trying to kill us, they'll get mad and hate us even more!"

Macallan, I am very surprised you're taking that tack with Israel's offensive. That is a, dare I say, somewhat lefty-pacifist view. Besides, is it even possible to push people who strap bombs on their bodies and commit suicide just so they can take a few Israelis with them to hate even more than that?
View Quote
You didn't read my whole post did you?

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:28:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#29]
Those teenage terrorists they hire seem to think that they are urban American teens, they drive rice burners too.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:33:45 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Terrorist flambe'......

[url]http://www.foxnews.com/images/93094/36_26_061103_israel_gazastrike2.jpg[/url]

Terrorist....regular or extra crispy.....
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/images/93169/25_26_061203_gaza_attack3.jpg[/url]

View Quote

Terrorists, moments after getting the distressing news about the 72 virgins.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:36:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:42:17 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#33]
M.O.A.B., sorry I'm repeating myself.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:47:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Good
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:47:23 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
CRY HAVOCK, and lets slip the dogs of war!
View Quote

"so that this terrible action will smell above the earth, with rotting corpses, begging to be buried.”
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#36]
In other words the IDF now gets the green light to kill more women and children with US-made helicopters firing US-made missiles and US-made planes dropping US-made bombs.

Israel can no more "destroy" Hamas than the US can "destroy" Al-Qaeda. They are too loosely organized to be damaged in any meaningful way more than they already have. The only way you can effectively destroy Hamas or Islamic Jihad is by killing or deporting every Arab inside Israel or the Occupied Territories. Not to mention the Jews who give them weapons and explosives to carry out their attacks.

The solution is STILL political and no amount of military power on either side will ever change that.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:09:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:16:05 PM EDT
[#39]
I think Macallan has some valid points.  I saw a news report recently that showed ordinary "Palestinians" getting pretty mad at the terrorists for bringing down the wrath of the IDF on them.  I think it was that incident a few weeks ago when the terrorists launched rockets from an orchard.

Shallow thought to ponder: Isn't there something oxymoronic about an Islamic organization called Ham Ass??

Hello?  Is this thing on???  Testing, testing...
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:42:07 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
In other words the IDF now gets the green light to kill more women and children with US-made helicopters firing US-made missiles and US-made planes dropping US-made bombs.

Israel can no more "destroy" Hamas than the US can "destroy" Al-Qaeda. They are too loosely organized to be damaged in any meaningful way more than they already have. The only way you can effectively destroy Hamas or Islamic Jihad is by killing or deporting every Arab inside Israel or the Occupied Territories. Not to mention the Jews who give them weapons and explosives to carry out their attacks.

The solution is STILL political and no amount of military power on either side will ever change that.
View Quote

Who is your employer? The UN? Or the French Foreign Ministry. Sounds like their failed theory of appeasement.

Its not like we don't know how this has to end. We spent 270 years from 1620 to 1890 fighting this kind of opponent. Its just that we have to get over the 113years we have spent flagellating ourselves over what we HAD to do.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:43:43 PM EDT
[#41]
Destroying Hammas in its entirety is a just and noble cause.  Ditto to Hezbollah, IJ, etc.  The Israelis shold also occupy Lebanon again, at least long enough to sanitize the Bekka Valley.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 1:59:40 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
[b] Whatever it takes, they have been killing woman and children for years, whatever it takes[/b]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:04:58 PM EDT
[#43]
[img]http://www.isayeret.com/units/land/intel/tzasam/tzam.jpg[/img]

Comin to get ya!

[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=12863[/img]
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:11:14 PM EDT
[#44]
The one bit of hope is that the Israeli people are as a group not racist-YET. Depending on what the Pallies do they still could be radicaliszed. But the lack of any urge to kill Arabs just because they are Arabs does mean that if the Palistinians would stop attacking the violence would indeed stop.

Raceism played a big part in the conflict between us and the Indians here in North America. Becoming Christian and settling down to farm (and the tribes of the east coast WERE farmers, not nomads) did not guarentee protection. Indians were treated as the blacks were by many White Americans, they had "no rights a White man was bound to respect" to paraprhase Justice Tawney. This made assimilation impossible.

Right now this is a element missing from the Jewish side of this conflict. But for how much longer if the terror attacks continue? As time goes by the distance from the Holicaust grows, fewer people are around who remember it first hand or knew survivors intimately, and theirfore know something of what it is to have the shoe on the other foot. As this happens the chances of Jews starting to kill Palistinians because of their birth rather than their actions increases.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
You didn't read my whole post did you?

View Quote

D'OH!

I'm fucking dense.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:27:59 PM EDT
[#46]
good for the IDF!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:37:31 PM EDT
[#47]
I am all for the IDF doing what they do best. I think if they did, things would get to be stable in the Middle East. But does anyone here really believe that Bush is going to allow the IDF to bring about the solution? I think not! My question is what did Bush do when several of our countrymen were killed on 9-11 something about bringing the terrorist to justice or justice to the terrorist and something about going after terrorist all over the world. Yet we deal with and had diplomatic relations with Arafat and we stil give him and the Palestinians millions of our dollars a year. Quit frankly I am starting to have doubts about Mr. Bush, especially after listening to several of his cabinet members talking today.

So why is it ok for the US to use extreme military force on terrorist but the IDF is supposed to show restraint when 800 of their citizens have been murdered in the last 27 months? On Hannity and Combs on Fox news tonight Hannity the conservative one on the show is going to talk about this.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:41:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote

what’s implicit in this statement, is that this last strike or for that matter any of Israel’s actions, all they seem to do is to “fan the flames” and give excuses to terrorists to continue to attack us. This fallacy that is constantly propagated by the left or from the anti Semites (which both are becoming increasingly synonymous with each other) is preposterous in the reality of the actual situation and frankly is insulting to any sane individual that has a clear grasp of the brutal reality of these groups.

To put your implicit implication of your statement into the context of the events of this week it would sound like this........four soldiers were murdered and at the same time a suicide bomber was dispatched to Jerusalem, then before hamas could call the suicide bomber back, Israel responded to the soldiers killings so the suicide mission was allowed to continue. Again that’s just absurd. The reality on the ground is that in practical terms there really is no such thing as real political timing on behalf of hamas. Throughtout the intifada, the number of threats that the Israeli security services receives each day has not gone up and down but has remained at the same high level. The difference in the ups and downs of threats on a monthly basis is marginal. What goes up and down is the actual success rate that the terrorists are able to penetrate the defences and carry out their attack. To put it into practical terms, lets say that every week hamas sends out a hundred bombers, depending on the sheer luck of that day or the government appeasement policies (which are not tuff on security like the way it was before operation defensive shield where there weren’t the proper amount of forces to protect the seam line against infiltration, or the lack of seriousness of going after the terrorists) or now where we are easing up a bit, which result in them being able to get through again. The crucial thing to understand is that the high threat level has remained steady throughout this current intifada, what has not is the actual success rate. I see no sign of this reality ever changing even if Israel were to give away the west bank, in fact it would probably be worse for now they would be much closer.

As a former idf paratrooper I can state that yes israel does have the military means to finnish off the problem, it is only the government and its appesment policies(to the left, or to europe)that is constantly holding us back from being able to trully defend ourselves.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:45:50 PM EDT
[#49]
Many terrorist groups in the area have said over the years that they would cease their activites and disarm if only Arafat would tell them to ...which he does not , even when he dares talk of peace ....he is the one who really needs to disappear if there is ever to be peace in the region....

t
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Welp, it's beginning to look more and more like it's gonna take a genuine Super-natural Miracle, and a very powerful man, to have "Peace" for Israel.....
Now just who do you 'spose THAT could be??? [:D]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top