Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2006 9:05:46 AM EDT
www.theherald.co.uk/news/53948.html%22

Israel is updating plans for a pre-emptive strike on Iran's nuclear facilities which could be launched as soon as the end of March, according to military and intelligence sources.
The Israeli raids would be carried out by long-range F-15E bombers and cruise missiles against a dozen key sites and are designed to set Tehran's weapons programme back by up to two years.
Sources say one, possibly two airfields in Kurdish northern Iraq have been earmarked as launch-points to reduce flying time over Iran.

Interesting that they're talking about fields in northern Iraq. Wonder how they're going to get permission for that from the Iraqi government.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:15:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You didnt hear? We own Iraq now, so we're allowing Israel the space for them doing our dirty work haaha brilliant plan!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:16:33 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
You didnt hear? We own Iraq now, so we're allowing Israel the space for them doing our dirty work haaha brilliant plan!

Fucking Brilliant....and every one says Bush is stupid!
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:21:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:21:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Next time I swing by Lebanon, I'm going to take a few stinger missles with me. That way, when the Israelies make their daily "recon" missions overhead, I'll shoot one of them down and have my picture taken by it. AAA guns don't work against these guys, they're flying too high and too fast. Would a stinger missle work on an F-16 flying about 60,000ft, or would it require something more? Perhaps a SAM site? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:22:14 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Next time I swing by Lebanon, I'm going to take a few stinger missles with me. That way, when the Israelies make their daily "recon" missions overhead, I'll shoot one of them down and have my picture taken by it. AAA guns don't work against these guys, they're flying too high and too fast. Would a stinger missle work on an F-16 flying about 60,000ft, or would it require something more? Perhaps a SAM site? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:22:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Don't forget that Israel has cruise missile capable submarines. They don't need no stinking airfields...
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

WTF?

Troll.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:32:30 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

If you are dumb enough to try it, you will get what you deserve.  Rather quickly I would guess!  
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:40:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Interesting that they're talking about fields in northern Iraq. Wonder how they're going to get permission for that from the Iraqi government.

The Israelis helped the Kurds build several fields in Northern Iraq, and there's definitely not much brotherly love between the Kurds and the Iranians.

Kharn
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 9:57:43 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you are dumb enough to try it, you will get what you deserve.  Rather quickly I would guess!  

FBI

JDF

USMC

USAR

USAF

Mossad

ARFCOM

A list of the organizations that would be drawing beads down on him.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 10:07:32 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Israel is updating plans for a pre-emptive strike on Iran's nuclear facilities which could be launched as soon as the end of March, according to military and intelligence sources.
The Israeli raids would be carried out by long-range F-15E bombers and cruise missiles against a dozen key sites and are designed to set Tehran's weapons programme back by up to two years.
Sources say one, possibly two airfields in Kurdish northern Iraq have been earmarked as launch-points to reduce flying time over Iran.

They would need American permission too as we patrol Iraqi airspace.
Personally, I don't believe Israel will attack Iran.
Either we'll do it, or no one will.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They would need American permission too as we patrol Iraqi airspace.
Personally, I don't believe Israel will attack Iran.
Either we'll do it, or no one will.

Who was it? Syria? Lebanon...one of them they used that countries transpoder codes to fly in unsuspected and blow up some strategic targets and fly right back out. They are not above doing such things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top