Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 10/8/2007 7:17:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 7:19:19 AM EST by guns762]
I looked back 4 pages and didn't see anything yet...

Olmert is stupid to even consider this.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300004,00.html

JERUSALEM — A confidant of Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Monday that his government would support a division of Jerusalem, which is reportedly a key component of an Israeli-Palestinian declaration to be made at a U.S.-sponsored Mideast peace conference next month.

As part of recent negotiations between the sides, Deputy Vice Prime Minister Haim Ramon has proposed turning over many of the Arab neighborhoods of east Jerusalem to the Palestinians. Ramon said the Palestinians could establish the capital of a future state in the sector of the city, which Israel captured from Jordan in the 1967 Mideast war.

In return, Israel would receive the recognition of the international community, including Arab states, of its sovereignty over Jewish neighborhoods and the existence of its capital there, Ramon said.

On Monday Ramon said even hawkish elements of Olmert's coalition, like Cabinet Minister Avigdor Lieberman's Yisrael Beiteinu Party, would back such an Israeli concession. The centrist Labor Party would also support the proposal, Ramon said.

"There are two central parties that agree to this," Ramon told Army Radio. "The most important thing is to preserve the state of Israel Jewish and democratic

Under his proposal, neighborhoods in east Jerusalem where about 170,000 Palestinians live would be transferred to Palestinian sovereignty, Ramon said.

RelatedStories
Israelis, Palestinians Move Closer to Peace Deal U.S. Picks Annapolis, Md., for Fall Mideast Peace Conference Hosted by Bush But Israel would not transfer control of the Holy City and neighborhoods around it to the Palestinians, he said. He did not elaborate but media reports have said that he has proposed Israel relinquish some sovereignty in the area that contains the most contentious sites in the 60-year-conflict.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:19:24 AM EST
It ain't gonna matter.

The only way there will be "Peace in our time" in the ME is if Israel is turned into sand and pushed into the sea back to Europe.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:21:28 AM EST

Originally Posted By VooDoo3dfx:
It ain't gonna matter.

The only way there will be "Peace in our time" in the ME is if Israel is turned into sand and pushed into the sea back to Europe.

If you think that would be the end you are nuts.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:22:27 AM EST

It ain't gonna matter.

Or, if the aggressor nations in the region are "persuaded" to leave ISR alone.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:22:32 AM EST

Originally Posted By clement:

It ain't gonna matter.

If you think that would be the end you are nuts.

For the Israeli - 'Arab' conflict yes.

Arab - 'World' conflict is a different matter.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:23:11 AM EST

Originally Posted By TheCynic:

It ain't gonna matter.

Thats another option.

However... even if the nations quiet down, I can't see large factions disbanding themselves.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:29:09 AM EST

It ain't gonna matter.

the only way they will leave Israel alone is for Israel to stop existing..

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:32:14 AM EST

Originally Posted By cluster:

It ain't gonna matter.

the only way they will leave Israel alone is for Israel to stop existing..

Any anyone who thinks otherwise in Israel, is putting their head in the sand.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:34:37 AM EST
Seriously. Olmert is a tool.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:39:24 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/8/2007 7:40:54 AM EST by Mac_Fan]
Makes perfect sense. They gave away the Golan Heights for peace and instead get daily missile barrages. Obviously they did not give away enough of their country. I'm sure that splitting the country's capitol in half and giving it away to their enemies will solve the violence this time. Perhaps we can employ this strategy also, we can give CA, AZ, NM and TX to Mexico and they will stop the illegal immigration and drug trafficking. Hell they may even give us oil for free and solve our energy problem to boot!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:36:08 PM EST

Originally Posted By guns762:
I looked back 4 pages and didn't see anything yet...

Olmert is stupid to even consider this.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,300004,00.html

JERUSALEM — A confidant of Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said Monday that his government would support a division of Jerusalem, which is reportedly a key component of an Israeli-Palestinian declaration to be made at a U.S.-sponsored Mideast peace conference next month.

As part of recent negotiations between the sides, Deputy Vice Prime Minister Haim Ramon has proposed turning over many of the Arab neighborhoods of east Jerusalem to the Palestinians. Ramon said the Palestinians could establish the capital of a future state in the sector of the city, which Israel captured from Jordan in the 1967 Mideast war.

In return, Israel would receive the recognition of the international community, including Arab states, of its sovereignty over Jewish neighborhoods and the existence of its capital there, Ramon said.

On Monday Ramon said even hawkish elements of Olmert's coalition, like Cabinet Minister Avigdor Lieberman's Yisrael Beiteinu Party, would back such an Israeli concession. The centrist Labor Party would also support the proposal, Ramon said.

"There are two central parties that agree to this," Ramon told Army Radio. "The most important thing is to preserve the state of Israel Jewish and democratic

Under his proposal, neighborhoods in east Jerusalem where about 170,000 Palestinians live would be transferred to Palestinian sovereignty, Ramon said.

RelatedStories
Israelis, Palestinians Move Closer to Peace Deal U.S. Picks Annapolis, Md., for Fall Mideast Peace Conference Hosted by Bush But Israel would not transfer control of the Holy City and neighborhoods around it to the Palestinians, he said. He did not elaborate but media reports have said that he has proposed Israel relinquish some sovereignty in the area that contains the most contentious sites in the 60-year-conflict.

Didn't they learn ANYTHING from the 1967 and 1973 Yom Kippur Wars?
Friggin MORONS.

Begin was bad enough giving back the Sinai. You can never have peace with a population that indoctrinates children starting in pre-school that to be a suicide bomber killing Jews is a good thing.

I don't care what peices of paper are signed. The only way peace will happen is if one side is completely dead.

Top Top