Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2001 9:33:52 AM EDT
Would somebody help refresh my aging memory... Didn't I read on AR15 that members had reported that Islamic members of their communities had cheered and applauded when the WTC towers collapsed?  Seems that I remember somebody in NYC and maybe somewhere in FL saying that.

I have been out of town several days and off the board (and I am fairly new here), so please excuse me if this has already been brought up.

Thanks,
ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Much happened on that day,, that many may now regret having done. I would suggest that you let it rest.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Yep,

Here in WA,  a little girl walked into a 7-11 as she was walking home from school to get some candy or something.
The proprieters of the store were watching the news 9/11 and were laughing and cheering about the damage caused.  She told this to her mom and wanted an explanation.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#3]
Two days later on 9/13/01 I did see them applauding on Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn. To my suprise, five Mexicans started walking towards the group that was applauding and fists started to fly. Needless to say the only people remaining on there feet were the Mexicans!![:D]
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:17:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder what they would say if we "high fived" and laughed as they have been getting bombed over the last several days.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:18:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Would somebody help refresh my aging memory... Didn't I read on AR15 that members had reported that Islamic members of their communities had cheered and applauded when the WTC towers collapsed?  Seems that I remember somebody in NYC and maybe somewhere in FL saying that.

View Quote

I remember hearing about that.  I don't see any reason to "forget" that these people were applauding the death of thousands of Americans.  We need to find out who they are and either put them in prison, or at the very least pack their ass up, give them a parachute, and let them bail/be pushed out over whatever hell hole they came from.

-SS
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:51:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Much happened on that day,, that many may now regret having done. I would suggest that you let it rest.
View Quote

It *is* a complex issue, Shelldrake, but it's hard for me to let it rest. For one, I can't put myself in that "place"... If I were a guest in another country, I just can't see me laughing and applauding when their innocent citizens died.  I am glad that I can't understand it.  But I know I don't like it.  Anybody who thinks that way should, IMHO, leave the US...

ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

It *is* a complex issue, Shelldrake, but it's hard for me to let it rest. For one, I can't put myself in that "place"... If I were a guest in another country, I just can't see me laughing and applauding when their innocent citizens died.  I am glad that I can't understand it.  But I know I don't like it.  Anybody who thinks that way should, IMHO, leave the US...

ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 12:58:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I wonder what they would say if we "high fived" and laughed as they have been getting bombed over the last several days.
View Quote

Well, for one thing, I have not laughed and "high fived" any non-military targets being hit, especially the deaths of innocent civilians.  The Taliban, by definition, is an Islamic militia, so the deaths of any of them, IMHO, can be considered the destruction of a military target.  I hope I don't live to see the day that I applaud the killing of innocents.

ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:03:42 PM EDT
[#9]
One of my Co Workers speaks 9 languages, Including Arabic, On the afternoon of the attack He went into 5 arab operated conveinence stores in NYC (In the secure zone below East 14 St No Less!), Every conversation he heard in arabic was about how us Americans got what we deserved. Needless to say they had no idea anyone around could understand what they were saying.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:18:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Two days later on 9/13/01 I did see them applauding on Atlantic Ave. in Brooklyn. To my suprise, five Mexicans started walking towards the group that was applauding and fists started to fly. Needless to say the only people remaining on there feet were the Mexicans!![:D]
View Quote

[center][b][red][size=4]Go Mexicans!!![/size=4][/red][/b][/center]

[50]

ARnSC  

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:25:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I that the day or so after the WTC attack, Islamic students at USL (ULL) is Lafayette, LA took to the streets cheering and celebrating the attack.  Patriotic American students at the university took great offense to this and commenced beating the demonstrators.  A full blown riot was narrowly averted because of intervention by campus and local police.  A couple of days ago students at LSU in Baton Rouge, LA were observing a few moments of silence when an Islamic student there yelled out that "Americans got what they deserved!"  It took campus police 45 minutes to reach the fellow.  The injuries he sustained have him still in a local hospital.

People aren't going to like it, but unfortunately we are going to have to either deport or quarantine Arabs much the same way as Japanese were treated during World War II.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#12]
FBI Probes Apparent Hate Crime Deaths
By DEBORAH KONG, AP Minority Issues Writer

REEDLEY, Calif. (AP) - Abdo Ali Ahmed's 5-year-old son is still waiting for his father to bring him candy and ice cream.

Adel Karas was planning a surprise barbecue for his wife to celebrate her certification as an anesthesiologist. Waqar Hasan was shopping for a house, so his wife and four daughters could join him in Dallas.

And Balbir Singh Sodhi called his parents in India to reassure them he was safe, far from the violence in New York and Washington.

All were shot and killed after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in what the FBI (news - web sites) and local authorities are investigating as possible hate crimes. No suspects are in custody in three of the four cases, so motives are unclear.

Yet in the Muslim, Arab-American and Sikh communities, the men have already become symbols of the backlash violence that has resulted in hundreds of reported attacks on minorities. And the outpouring of grief for their deaths has echoed the mourning in the aftermath of the terror attacks.

``Mr. Ahmed is one more victim of the tragedy of Sept. 11,'' community leader Mohammad Rocka said at Ahmed's memorial service last week, ``one more American dead from the hands of terrorists.''

All the men were slain while working at their small stores and gas stations, where they spent as many as 16 hours a day. Family and friends say they came to the United States from Yemen, Egypt, Pakistan and India in search of the American dream.

The youngest of Ahmed's eight children is still having trouble understanding their father won't return, crossing the dusty lot from his convenience store to their modest home in Reedley, about 200 miles southeast of San Francisco.

``If you ask where he's at, they say he's coming back later,'' said Madram Shuaibi, a family friend. ``He was looking for a better life. All he wanted was to support his family and have his kids go to school.''

Sodhi, 52, was planning a trip to India in November to surprise his wife, Joginder Kaur, who still lives there. He wanted to celebrate their 25th wedding anniversary. Instead, Kaur flew to Phoenix for her husband's funeral.

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Sodhi was a generous man who always brought candy for his nephews when he visited them, said his brother, Lakhwinder Singh Sodhi. ``He loved kids,'' he said.

On hot summer days, Sodhi offered water to neighborhood children who came into his Mesa, Ariz., store.

Prosecutors say it was there that Frank Roque allegedly shot and killed Sodhi, a Sikh, because he wore a turban. Roque has pleaded innocent to murder.

Karas, 48, was also loved by his customers at the International Market in San Gabriel, Calif., where he sold Middle Eastern drums and flutes alongside macaroni and fava beans, said his cousin and next-door neighbor, Nassef Eskander.

For 20 years, the jovial Egyptian-American greeted customers in English, Arabic and Spanish, and told them his latest jokes. He and his three boys were planning a surprise barbecue for his wife, Randa. He was killed Sept. 15, a day before the party was to have taken place.

Family was also central to Hasan, 46. He hadn't seen his wife and four daughters since he moved to Dallas four months ago to open Mom's Grocery. They were in Milltown, N.J., and hoped to join him in December.

``My dad had nothing to do with what happened on Sept. 11,'' said his 18-year-old daughter Nida. ``He just wanted us all to be in Texas.''

Ahmed, too, was hoping for a family reunion. He told his younger brother, Oskar, he wanted to travel to Yemen to see their 101-year-old father one last time.

``He said, 'I want to see him before he dies,''' Oskar Ahmed said.

The shopkeepers' deaths also have touched strangers, who have left candles, flowers and notes on the sidewalks outside their stores.

``It's one more life,'' said Vincent Lavery, who went Ahmed's funeral even though they did not know each other. ``I'm here because of the possibility there are going to be a lot more lives.''
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:45:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
One of my Co Workers speaks 9 languages, Including Arabic, On the afternoon of the attack He went into 5 arab operated conveinence stores in NYC (In the secure zone below East 14 St No Less!), Every conversation he heard in arabic was about how us Americans got what we deserved. Needless to say they had no idea anyone around could understand what they were saying.  
View Quote

gaar, have you or your co-worker contacted the FBI about thse people? Did your co-worker mention any specific streets, names, shops?
Tell the cops- that's what they're there for!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:55:58 PM EDT
[#15]
1957, John Galt (Ayn Rand):
"They do not want to live, they want you to die"

2001, Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, for Osama Bin Laden:
"There are thousands of the Islamic nation's youths who are eager to die just as the Americans are eager to live."

The Sep 11th, 2001 attack offered everyone on the globe an instaneous, perceptual level snapshot of their own philosophy.  If you were joyful (even for a split second) at the sight of the twin towers in flames -- you are operating on the philosophy of death.

Are you a man of reason, rights, individualism, and capitalism OR are you an anti-reason, anti-mind, anti-capitalist, anti-man dirtbag?  You know the answer based on your reaction to Sept 11th.

If you are the latter & live in the US, I'm sorry that we'll have to save your sorry *ss too.  Please move to the middle east at the earliest opportunity.

- CD

Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:57:25 PM EDT
[#16]
ArmdLbrl, come on. We know there are jerks who persecute the innocent. In fact, we’ve been bombarded with those stories every day since 9/11 so why repeat them here?

Personally, I think it's justified to beat those 7-11 guys to an inch of their lives and then deport them. It’s time to clean house. If they support that kind of activity, they have no place here. F*ck them!
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 1:58:39 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
FBI Probes Apparent Hate Crime Deaths
By DEBORAH KONG, AP Minority Issues Writer

REEDLEY, Calif. (AP) - Abdo Ali Ahmed's 5-year-old son is still waiting for his father to bring him candy and ice cream.
View Quote

This is indeed a sad story.  And I am by no means suggesting that we kill people just because they LOOK Arab or they wear a turban.  But we as Americans have become way over sensitive about being politically correct... If someone is killed because s/he looks Arab, etc., then that,IMHO, is a crime.  But when someone is seen cheering or overheard saying that "the Americans got what they deserve," then they are part of the problem.  They are not "with us," they are not even neutral... they are AGAINST US, and as such, should be closely monitored, at the very least.

ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
1957, John Galt (Ayn Rand):
"They do not want to live, they want you to die"

2001, Sulaiman Abu Ghaith, for Osama Bin Laden:
"There are thousands of the Islamic nation's youths who are eager to die just as the Americans are eager to live."

The Sep 11th, 2001 attack offered everyone on the globe an instaneous, perceptual level snapshot of their own philosophy.  If you were joyful (even for a split second) at the sight of the twin towers in flames -- you are operating on the philosophy of death.

Are you a man of reason, rights, individualism, and capitalism OR are you an anti-reason, anti-mind, anti-capitalist, anti-man dirtbag?  You know the answer based on your reaction to Sept 11th.

If you are the latter & live in the US, I'm sorry that we'll have to save your sorry *ss too.  Please move to the middle east at the earliest opportunity.

- CD

View Quote

Great post, CD... very well put.  I especially like your statement:

[b]The Sep 11th, 2001 attack offered everyone on the globe an instaneous, perceptual level snapshot of their own philosophy.  If you were joyful (even for a split second) at the sight of the twin towers in flames -- you are operating on the philosophy of death.[/b]

Very eloquently put.

ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:52:49 PM EDT
[#19]
October 5, 2001

The boy who cried 'muslim'

This is the story of the boy who cried "Muslim." It's a story about the obscene exploitation of tragedy, the selfish abuse of public sympathy, and the trashing of truth and honor under the guise of promoting tolerance.

But this is no fable. It's a true-life, hoax-crime caper:

Meet Ahmad Saad Nasim. This 23-year-old Muslim, originally from Saudi Arabia, has zealously promoted his religion and ethnic identity at the University of Arizona (UA) and Arizona State University (ASU) for the past four years. Among the subjects of Nasim's campus rants: opposing sanctions on Iraq ("I don't give a damn if Iraq has weapons or not"); lambasting Catholic flyers in dorm halls; pushing "diversity training"; and demanding "respect" for Muslim victims of alleged discrimination.

In the fall of 1999, Nasim discussed the issue of racial bias in UA's campus newspaper when the FBI detained two Saudi Arabian students at an Ohio airport. According to news reports, an America West pilot said that one of the two suspects "jiggled the cockpit door handle and asked suspicious questions during the flight." The FBI interrogated the men, who both attended schools in Arizona, and released them without pressing charges. Instead of crediting the pilot and agents for taking responsible precautions against suspicious behavior, Nasim (then president of UA's Muslim Student Association) pulled out his well-worn bigotry card.

"Whenever there's a plane crash or terrorist act," Nasim was quoted on Nov. 22, 1999, in UA's campus newspaper, "Arabics (sic) are always held suspicious."
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 3:53:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Intentionally or not, Arab-American agitators like Nasim gave cover to bloodthirsty foreign jihadists who lay in wait on our soil. Frequent harangues about alleged anti-Muslim bias hampered the ability of law enforcement to monitor scheming Islamic fundamentalists. In the wake of the 9-11 terrorist attacks on America by cockpit-crashing Arab Muslims (at least two of whom reportedly took flying lessons in Arizona), Nasim's protestations about racial profiling now seem more eerily nefarious than simply naive.

And here we come to the ugly climax of our tale.

After 9-11, Nasim continued diverting attention away from the real victims of violence and toward his radical pro-Muslim agenda. He took matters into his own hands -- literally -- by faking not one, but two hate crimes. On Sept. 13, Nasim told ASU campus police he was assaulted and pelted with eggs in a parking lot while assailants screamed "Die, Muslim, die!" Administration officials and classmates earnestly condemned the attack, which received national media coverage. Over 50 Muslim students left the ASU campus as a result of Nasim's claim.

Nasim basked in attention. On Sept. 18, he publicly described "being slapped and punched on my back." He outrageously equated himself with the dead victims of terrorism at the World Trade Center and Pentagon, and he linked himself to recent "hate crime" incidents involving Middle Eastern victims: "A Pakistani man was shot in Texas, a Sikh Indian and an Arab were shot in Mesa, and I was beaten in Tempe ... I might get shot at some gas station, too! It all depends on fate!"

Nasim confessed to fabricating the assault when cops interviewed him last week after another admittedly staged performance. On Sept. 27, a custodian found Nasim in a library bathroom stall. He had the word "Die" written on his forehead, a plastic bag tied over his head, and a racist note stuffed in his mouth. But, as Lt. John Sutton of the ASU campus police told me, "Something was not right." The bathroom door was locked from the inside, Nasim's hands were free, and he suffered no symptoms of suffocation.

Tom McDermott, a UA law graduate student, wondered whether Nasim's treachery was "a pathetic grab for attention or a means to advance a political agenda by dividing campuses along racial lines, which is a favorite tool of the radical Left? Probably a bit of both." Exactly. This perverted ideological stunt came straight from the Tawana Brawley/Al Sharpton Self-Help Guide to Racial Hoax Crimes.

If we react to claims of post 9-11 anti-Muslim hate crimes with suspicion and cynicism, the manipulative boy who cried "Muslim" has no one to blame but himself. Neither Nasim nor his attorney returned my calls, but a man who identified himself as Nasim's father told me in a brief phone interview: "Things are not what they seem."

Indeed. The deadly deceit of extremist Muslim pleas for "respect" and "understanding" has been fully exposed.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:22:28 PM EDT
[#21]
We know about Nasim

But are you suggesting the four dead men killed themselves? One wasnt even muslim.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, for one thing, I have not laughed and "high fived" any non-military targets being hit, especially the deaths of innocent civilians.  The Taliban, by definition, is an Islamic militia, so the deaths of any of them, IMHO, can be considered the destruction of a military target.  I hope I don't live to see the day that I applaud the killing of innocents.

ARnSC
View Quote

Hell I have been laughing and high fiving since the bombs started falling and cruise missles started arriving. Don't feel bad about it at all. The Taliban and the people over there are getting exactly what they deserve. It's called justice.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#23]
ARnSC

I didn't say that I was doing it.  What I said was how would they feel if we did.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 5:07:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
We know about Nasim

But are you suggesting the four dead men killed themselves? One wasnt even muslim.
View Quote

No. Only that ARnSC posted a question asking about muslims who live among us applauding the attacks on our country and you respond with a news story (that most of us are also aware of - just as "we know about Nasim") that is only a diversion from the topic. Your point being: well if you want to take umbrage with them this could be the result. Outrageous! Not your point? Then consider doing more than posting news verbatim.

I don't find it surprising that in a country of 270 million people there would be some vigilantes victimizing a handful of scapegoats. I do however find it completely shocking that there are so many disrespectful, ungrateful, P-O-S, that take advantage of everything this nation has to offer (such as all the slots allocated to foreign students at our best universities, when americans by birth have trouble getting in to the same schools), and feel that they can get away with that behavior right in front of us.

They have obviously been conditioned to expect the highest level of tolerance from us.
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 6:00:51 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
ARnSC

I didn't say that I was doing it.  What I said was how would they feel if we did.
View Quote

Hi JB... Hmmm... I am sorta new here, but this post looks odd.  It's got my board name at the top, but those are not my words.  

But to answer your question, I tould think they would feel the same way we feel.  But as others hve pointed out, that was not my point.  I do not condone persecuting anyone by racial/ethnic profiling, nor do I cheer and applaud when innocent civilians are killed in war.  The Taliban, as we all know, and as I posted earlier in this thread, is a terrorist militia that is destroying its own country and people.  The more of the Taliban that we take out, the more I will cheer.... but it will never happen when I learn of innocent people being killed, whether they live here in the US or in Afghanistan.

Maybe because I am a bit new here, I do not understand certain things.  But please do not start a post off with my name and then add your words.

Keep the peace, and let's kill the bastards who would do otherwise.

ARnSC
Link Posted: 10/10/2001 7:00:52 PM EDT
[#26]
ARnSC

I just put your name at the top beacuse I was replying to your post. Not trying to put words in your mouth.  
Link Posted: 10/11/2001 5:46:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
ARnSC

I just put your name at the top beacuse I was replying to your post. Not trying to put words in your mouth.  
View Quote

Well, that makes perfect sense.  Sorry about that JB... I can be a bit dense sometimes!  

ARnSC   [B)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top