Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/14/2003 5:25:32 PM EDT
I met my wife while serving in the Army stationed in Germany in 1985. I'm half German, half French and shortly after being stationed in Germany I made a trip to see my German relatives for the first time.

My relatives own a Gasthaus. I have a cousin who is my age. We started drinking one evening in the gasthaus with some of his friends and in came my wife with her friends. We hit it off that evening and 5 years later got married.

How did you meet your wife?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#1]
My wife is from a different country, New Jersey. That place might be a different planet. I met her when I was in the Army. I ran up behind her and scared her on the way into our apartment building. Just like James Brown. Scare them womenz into liking you.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:38:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Met my English wife while stationed there in the AF.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
My wife is from Scotland, but her parents are German (here dad had been in the Afrika Korps and been a POW in the USA). She has many relatives in Germany, both from the East and the West. (When she speaks German it's with a West Scots accent.[:)] ) She studied medicine at university.

I spent much of my childhood in Germany (as well as elsewhere- my dad was in the USAF) and went to German schools, then to German university. I was going to grad school in Freiburg, and a pretty brown haired woman walked into an introductory Swedish language class that I had to take, and sat down. It was not a course I was looking forward to taking, but it was a gut course, so, what the heck. For her, it was the one non-medical course she took at college, ever.

I took one look at her, said to myself, "That's for me- I'm gonna marry that one". Two years later, we were married. Fifteen years and three children later, Mrs (or should I say: Frau) 95th Foot and I are still together, happily.

An, yes, she's still a British citizen, and our kids are British/American as well.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:44:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Philipino, she is back there right now for a month vacation. I'm currently trying to do my first load of laundry EVER....fuck is this confusing!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 5:45:12 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife was born in the USA, but sometimes I think she's from Mars...  Does that count?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:00:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Catalog.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:17:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to Germany to visit for two weeks, picked up a hitchhiker on a cold rainy day. I stayed two years, been married to her for 30 years this April.

rk
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
I was assigned to Panama shortly after my divorce was final.  I met my Panamanian wife at a party  about four months after I arrived.

Couldn't be happier!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 7:30:55 PM EDT
[#9]
[i]I went to Germany to visit for two weeks, picked up a hitchhiker on a cold rainy day. I stayed two years, been married to her for 30 years this April.[/i]

You know, if you kids ever ask how you two met, you can show them the article that starts as "Dear Penthouse, I thought it would never happen to me but I was driving one night..."
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 8:31:00 PM EDT
[#10]
She's a Filipina, and we met when I went to the nearest bar because I NEEDED a beer, and it just happened to be Karaoke night.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top