Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/10/2004 9:43:58 PM EDT
http://www.familylife.com/community/forums/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=22;t=002296

One woman poster named JenC writes:

I don't even know where to start or if this will even make sense. My DH works in a profession where he is really really good at what he does. He's a mechanic, and he has both the professional training and the mechanical knack for it. He HATES the environment though. And he's paid comission, so if he has a bad week, we get a bad check. It's a high stress place to work

Summer of 03 we had a job offer in Arizona (we're in Indiana). Looked good, sounded good on paper. Went out to check it out - was ok, but not quite what we were looking for. Didn't seem to quite be what we were led to believe. We both had mixed emotions about possibly moving - we're adventureous, but all our family is around here, and we're close to everyone. Anyway, when we returned back from AZ, we decided together to turn the job down. (After me seriously saying that if we go, we go now before I change my mind)

Fast foward to now. The last few weeks have been tough for him. I do my best to let him relax when he does get home. Usually have dinner ready and I know he needs his unwind time on the computer (Ebay and car forum addict), so I give him time to unwind by himself.

Part of him regrets not going to AZ (all the what if's). The time we did spend together last night he blamed me for us not going. Boy did that get a rise out of me! I not so nicely remided him that it was a choice that WE made together, and I told him to stop taking all the crap at work and get the guts together to get out and get a new job where they treat you with some amount of respect. (yeah, I know...really supporting your husband there. But I was HOT!)

He can't leave a bad day at work at work. He brings it home and takes it out on me or ignores me all night to relax. Doesn't want to play games, watch movie, or anything. Just hang out in front of the computer....all night. That doesn't fly with me - I NEED some communication and attention. It's been like this all stinkin week. Why can't he just either learn to leave his stupid job and work or get the guts to get a better one? It's not fair that he relaxes in front of the computer for a few hours and then goes to bed without hardly a word to me..........night after night, just because he's had a bad day at work! I desperately NEED time with him...
Sounds like another case of AR15.com addiction and bored housewife.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:48:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I get the feeling you are searching for what the "ideal" american males is by reading christian womens forums.

Yeah that was my wife at one time.

It's everyones at one stage or another in any normal marriage.

You are taking snapshots while avoiding the picture.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:49:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Perhaps she needs to give him a blowjob while he's on the computer?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:11:52 PM EDT
[#3]
+1 with an anus tickler....

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Recently I've been accused of the same thing.  Business has been bad and I just didn't want to talk about it.  I love my wife and she doesn't understand the 'shutting out'...

Sometimes we need 'our time'.

that's the only exp. I can give.

I was in a 'depression' for a couple of weeks and never wanted to 'talk'...

guys cope.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:44:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
+1 with an anus tickler....

Quoted:

+1 and post pix.
Then make some fresh pie.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:56:29 PM EDT
[#6]
For five years 'n still going strong............
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I could swear my Ex wife wrote that ......... Only the job was in Fl .

What she never understood or wanted to hear was that If I did take the job and we did move and she didn’t like it ............ Well I knew damn well I was the one that was going to suffer for it . So in the end I was better off hating the place I worked , then taking a chance of hating the new place and having to listen to her bitch about it too !!!

Women complain that we don't understand them , and it's true , but it isn't for the reasons they think . Speaking strictly for myself here ..........  I'm not an overly emotional person , I pretty much keep an even keel , never too happy and never too sad . I deal with the shit that life shovels on everyone  and do what I can to make my little corner of hell a better place . I don't expect miracles , or feel that I've been cheated because someone else appears to be happier or doing better  .

Women on the other hand .................

Well let's just say that in my small unscientific study  . I've been involved with too many women that judge their own lives against that of others that they perceive to be doing better , or worse they identify with fictional representations of what a relationship should be , and then channel that frustration  to the person closest to them without ever really realizing what they are doing  . From this males perspective , after a few years . That channeling becomes an irritating nag , and if you dare say anything then your an asshole for not understanding .

And they wonder why we die first

edited for missing word
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:01:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 11:07:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Nope, cash flow issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top