Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/11/2011 9:53:01 PM EST
I have to say NO. The dog actually looks like he's enjoying himself.... to be completely honest. And actually I think it was pretty safe how he was harnessed.
What people aren't realizing is that the rear harness isn't intended for safety support, but just for proper orienting of the dog. If the dog's rear legs got out of the rear harness... he would still dangle from the first one... the Front harness looks fairly secure.

Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:05:27 PM EST
I wouldn't call it abuse. In my mind abuse requires malicious intent. The harness worries me a bit and I'd feel better if he'd been attached to a human behind him, but it didn't hurt him and he didn't seem to bothered.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:08:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By Aptrgangr:
I wouldn't call it abuse. In my mind abuse requires malicious intent. The harness worries me a bit and I'd feel better if he'd been attached to a human behind him, but it didn't hurt him and he didn't seem to bothered.

Actually, the Harness appears safe and secure. Like I said, its the shoulder/chest harness that's actually holding him safely. The rear harness is just to prop his rear portion up. If he slipped out of it, he would just be uncomfortable, and not get a good view for the rest of the zip line. They demonstrated the reliability of the harness on the dog when they attached just the front portion to the dog, and suspended him from the rope with it.
Though, I would feel better if the harness was more of a "doggy suit" type thing that fit him like a glove. But I think the harness they gave him was perfectly good.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 10:52:44 PM EST
Would you do it to a 3 year old human?

To be honest, the puppy doesn't look that freaked out (tail is up - not tucked) but I wouldn't do it to a dog or cat or a person that didn't want to do it. -shrug-
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 11:02:20 PM EST
It would be understandable in a life threating / saving attempt. For sh!ts and giggles = no good. This is just my personal opinion.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 11:45:47 PM EST
Originally Posted By xmikex:

To be honest, the puppy doesn't look that freaked out (tail is up - not tucked) but I wouldn't do it to a dog or cat or a person that didn't want to do it. -shrug-

That's terrible logic. I could easily kill a puppy, but I wouldn't kill a three year old.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 11:57:13 PM EST
Though, I would feel better if the harness was more of a "doggy suit" type thing that fit him like a glove. But I think the harness they gave him was perfectly good.

That is what I meant. It obviously worked well enough, but it could have been better.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:51:44 AM EST
Originally Posted By ArmaNotSoLite:

That's terrible logic. I could easily kill a puppy, but I wouldn't kill a three year old.

No it isn't.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:56:48 AM EST
Originally Posted By RickNC:

No it isn't.

Animals are not people. Killing an animal is not morally (or psychologically) equivalent to killing humans.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:57:27 AM EST

You could easily kill a puppy? What kind of heartless bastard are you?

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 1:59:50 AM EST

Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
I have to say NO. The dog actually looks like he's enjoying himself.... to be completely honest. And actually I think it was pretty safe how he was harnessed.
What people aren't realizing is that the rear harness isn't intended for safety support, but just for proper orienting of the dog. If the dog's rear legs got out of the rear harness... he would still dangle from the first one... the Front harness looks fairly secure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8497farD-o&feature=player_embedded

I think it's mean.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:00:41 AM EST

Dear God.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:15:05 AM EST

I think the same thing
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:19:39 AM EST
Not abuse. Looks like the little guy is enjoying it. His tail is wagging after his version of Mr. Toad's wild ride.

Throwing puppies in a river=abuse
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:26:11 AM EST
The dog didn't seem to care too much.

The way his ears look like he's flying is damn funneh.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:28:38 AM EST
That's not too bad. I've heard of worse.

Word was in jump school that the C.O. jumped with the battalion mascot strapped to his chest. (Confirmed by said C.O.)

The dogs name was Geronimo.

C.O. got pissed on for his trouble!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:30:11 AM EST
Looks like the pup is having fun!

When mine was small I would pile all of the pillows on my bed and toss him across the room into the pile. He would sprint back to me with a wagging tail wanting me to do it again.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:31:15 AM EST
Um... no.

Of course these days serving your dog ground beef instead of steak is "abuse"
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:43:30 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2011 2:45:21 AM EST by Doc_Peck]
I read an article about SAS/Delta Force types sky diving with dogs into Afghanistan and it seems that dogs don't conceptualize heights like we do. I doubt the dog was scared.

found the link
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:47:37 AM EST
Originally Posted By Bob1984:

No it isn't.

Animals are not people. Killing an animal is not morally (or psychologically) equivalent to killing humans.

The number of people whose lives' I value more than my dog's can be counted on one hand.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:53:06 AM EST
My Dad was a regular at the local grass strip airport in the 1950s. He told me about a dog at the airport and a crate rigged with a parachute.

They would put the dog in the crate, take him up, and then drop it. He said the dog loved it.

You'd probably have folks picketing if you tried that today.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 2:58:49 AM EST
tail isnt tucked, but I dont believe it could tuck it if it wanted to.
the rear harness position wont allow it.

still not abuse
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:18:03 AM EST
Originally Posted By Mech2007:

No it isn't.

The number of people whose lives' I value more than my dog's can be counted on one hand.

Just because your life is weird doesn't mean that changes the rules.

Any animal < Any person

Period.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:20:29 AM EST
besides looking a little uncomfortable in that rigged harness, i'd say he enjoyed it!

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:22:51 AM EST
Originally Posted By TrojanMan:

No it isn't.

Any animal < Any person

Period.

Your perspective is no more "correct" than mine or anyone else's. Probably would be a good thing to remember.

The immutable rules that you are building your life around don't really exist.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:40:17 AM EST
Originally Posted By InjunJoe:
Um... no.

No fucking shit.

I knew a native american {don't remember the tribe his daughter claimed but I still vividly remember her}
that smacked puppies heads against a railroad tie...

1) from litters that the mom didn't have enough tits for
2) enough tits but not enough takers
3) bitch got laid while he was out of town and family didn't put a cock block on her
4) yada yada

This is over 40 years ago. Hell, now you get hit with a felony for putting your own dog down
or
not scratching behind its ears just right.

Fuck all the felony animal rights shit and the mentally pussyfied that support it.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:40:33 AM EST
aww the little fella had his paws together in a aerodynamice wind foil.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:41:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2011 3:42:21 AM EST by DaveS]

No it isn't.

You should come in from your hermit hole or out of your mother's basement more often.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 3:46:17 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2011 5:15:49 AM EST by MTUSA]
The only cruelty I see is the straps are too narrow. Looks like they're cuttin' into his gut.
They should developed some sort of pouch or net that supports him from his gut to his chest.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:05:38 AM EST
How is this any different than the donkey in Russia that went parasailing?

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:29:48 AM EST

No it isn't.

Any animal < Any person
Period.

Not quite.

Just 1 example: Some crack head breaking into my house. Any crack/meth head really.

There are many others that would come after my dogs.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:33:08 AM EST

No it isn't.

Any animal < Any person

Period.

Oh there's a lot of people whose lives are worth less than the life of a random sewer rat.

As for the pup, he looked ok, but his harness didn't look terribly secure.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:40:12 AM EST
he looks like he was having fun - I have no problems with it...

seemed to be rigged up well - no danger there....

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:44:01 AM EST

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:46:28 AM EST
It seems he wants to poop, from the rear angles

But, exposing pups to somewhat extreme (yet safe) things is a good way to make them comfortable with unusual situations to come.

Abuse? I don't see it.

I wasn't there so maybe he was freaked out, but it appears not. If he wasn't traumatized, then it's just another way to introduce the pup to the wonders of the world.

Not much different from his first ride in the bed of a pickup
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:51:31 AM EST
Um... no.

Well, yeah.
If you're gonna go cheap at least give him hamburger.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:53:12 AM EST

No it isn't.

Any animal < Any person

Period.

No. If some shit bag came through my front door with the intent to hurt my dog I'd protect my dog just as I would any family member.

And I just went upstairs and my Mom agrees with me.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 4:55:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By Moose:
Um... no.

Well, yeah.
If you're gonna go cheap at least give him hamburger.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

It's not complete enough to be healthy. Deliberately depriving an animal of nutrients isn't ok.

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:03:00 AM EST
I'm OK with this.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:17:50 AM EST
[Last Edit: 3/12/2011 5:22:14 AM EST by MEGR]
I read that SOG guys in Vietnam launched a monkey w/ a mortar to show the local fighters how the Space Program works.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:43:31 AM EST

No it isn't.

And you are a classic example of what is wrong with most people today.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 5:50:45 AM EST
I'm surprised the little guy has enough weight to work the zipline.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:00:24 AM EST
On the rear view of the puppy, it looks like he's trying to evacuate his bowels.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:01:19 AM EST

No it isn't.

But people who torture animals go on to torture people!

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:02:47 AM EST
Toy dogs aren't durable and aren't built for work or hard play, I wouldn't do anything dangerous with them. Service dogs on the other hand are bred just for such things.

I'd put my lab on a zip line or toss her from a moving helicopter in freezing water.

Doggy Lifegaurds

What one dog calls hell, another dog calls fun!
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:04:20 AM EST
The Pup thinks he's flying, just look at his ears
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:06:44 AM EST

Originally Posted By Jonny_Flashbang:

Dear God.

And cops are the assholes?

Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:12:37 AM EST
The dog looked like he was having a good time.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:13:18 AM EST
Originally Posted By 45FMJoe:

Originally Posted By Jonny_Flashbang:

Dear God.

And cops are the assholes?

Shooting dogs doesn't always result in killing them.
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:28:52 AM EST
Are you kidding? Look at the video - that dog's asshole is puckered so tight....
Link Posted: 3/12/2011 6:37:16 AM EST
looks like fun
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top