Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 11/3/2009 2:59:07 PM EST
Okay, my dad raises basset hounds and has a few puppies listed in a local paper and a local website. He gets a call today from some type of phone system for deaf/mute people. An operator relays the conversation. The person wants pictures of the puppies but there are pics on the website. He gets the email address and calls me to help him with sending her some pics via email. He's not computer savvy. Anyway, I emailed some pics to the address given.

Ths is the reply:
Hello
Thanks for your response.Am okay with the condition and pics of the one puppy and i am interested in buying one of the puppy Concerning the payment i can only send
you check or pay with my credit card for the check i would need the following details for the check to get you fast..Here is the information needed for the check to get you soon..
Your Full Name....
Your Contact Address...
Your Phone Number..
last price....
Pls get back to me with the information so that the check can be sent out to you as soon as possible...Concerning the shipping of the one male puppy I have my shipping company that will come for the pick up at your location don't worry about the shipment i will take care of that and the check will be overdraft after you received the check you DEDUCT THE MONEY THAT ACQUIRE TO YOU AND will help me to send the remaining balance to my shipping company through western union outlet for the pick up of the puppy n.b== i will give you extra
$100 to reserve it for me.

Seems shady to me.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:01:00 PM EST
If you have to ask.....
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:01:43 PM EST
That is hard to understand.

Tell them you wait for the checks to go through before shipping. See what happens.

Are they asking you to give money for shipping then they pay you back? That would be shady and I would say no.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:01:47 PM EST
[Last Edit: 11/3/2009 3:02:14 PM EST by LockandLoaded]
I would not give them my info
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:02:42 PM EST
Run.

Now.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:04:49 PM EST
Originally Posted By LockandLoaded:
I would not give them my info

This
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:05:33 PM EST
Yeah, I'm pretty sure it's a scam. Just wondering if anyone here has had a similar email. They want to give a check, then have the remaining balance for shipping sent to someone else.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:06:54 PM EST
na its fine i ship puppys all the time. just give them a good dose of NyQuil to keep them quiet.

USPS never asks whats in the bulk rate boxes only if its hazardous.

FYI don't use packing peanuts i got negative feed back because the buyer had to clean up piles of the stuff in his yard.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:11:11 PM EST
Originally Posted By TheNamelessOne:
na its fine i ship puppys all the time. just give them a good dose of NyQuil to keep them quiet.

USPS never asks whats in the bulk rate boxes only if its hazardous.

FYI don't use packing peanuts i got negative feed back because the buyer had to clean up piles of the stuff in his yard.

My styrofoam elephant loves those.

Puppies can be shipped via air. They have to be brought to the airport.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:13:09 PM EST
Yes, it's a Nigerian scam. They send you a bad check which you are to deposit and send them back the overage amount.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:16:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By jdb3:
Okay, my dad raises basset hounds and has a few puppies listed in a local paper and a local website. He gets a call today from some type of phone system for deaf/mute people. An operator relays the conversation. The person wants pictures of the puppies but there are pics on the website. He gets the email address and calls me to help him with sending her some pics via email. He's not computer savvy. Anyway, I emailed some pics to the address given.

Ths is the reply:
Hello
Thanks for your response.Am okay with the condition and pics of the one puppy and i am interested in buying one of the puppy Concerning the payment i can only send
you check or pay with my credit card for the check i would need the following details for the check to get you fast..Here is the information needed for the check to get you soon..
Your Full Name....
Your Contact Address...
Your Phone Number..
last price....
Pls get back to me with the information so that the check can be sent out to you as soon as possible...Concerning the shipping of the one male puppy I have my shipping company that will come for the pick up at your location don't worry about the shipment i will take care of that and the check will be overdraft after you received the check you DEDUCT THE MONEY THAT ACQUIRE TO YOU AND will help me to send the remaining balance to my shipping company through western union outlet for the pick up of the puppy n.b== i will give you extra
$100 to reserve it for me.

Seems shady to me.
Scam.

You'll end up with a hot check, cash out of pocket (the balance he wants you to fwd to the "shipping" people), and 1 less dog.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:17:08 PM EST

Ths is the reply:
Hello
you check or pay with my credit card for the check
i would need the following details for the check to get you fast..Here is the information needed for the check to get you soon..
Your Full Name....
Your Contact Address...
Your Phone Number..
last price....
$100 to reserve it for me

Seems shady to me.

Yes, it is absolutely, positively 100% a scam. DO NOT send any information. DO NOT respond. PLEASE don't fall for this.

Count all the items highlighted in red. These are RED FLAGS!!!!!

RUN FOREST, RUN!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:18:00 PM EST
dude, i got the EXACT same email when i was selling a wood stove on craigs list. replace puppy with woodstove and it was word for word.

scam.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:26:46 PM EST
Originally Posted By Hawken50:
dude, i got the EXACT same email when i was selling a wood stove on craigs list. replace puppy with woodstove and it was word for word.

scam.

That's what I wanted to know. Did you get any phone calls or was your # not listed in the ad?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:30:28 PM EST
I can't believe that this scam still work or that there are people that haven't heard of it.

Check out http://www.419eater.com/
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:33:02 PM EST
Yes its a scam. They utilize phone services for the deaf quite often.

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 3:42:33 PM EST
The next thing will be for him to wire money to the shipping company. Via Western Union because the buyer won't send good bank info.

Tell you Dad to ignore any more messages from this person. Total scam
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:06:44 PM EST
Someone in Nigeria wants a puppy. SCAM!!
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:12:39 PM EST

Originally Posted By Hawken50:

scam.

That's what I wanted to know. Did you get any phone calls or was your # not listed in the ad?

didn't list my number in the add, and i never replied to the email.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:22:07 PM EST
...........1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20500..........202-456-1111 ...............

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:23:57 PM EST
Scam.

And God only knows what will become of the dog.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:27:09 PM EST
I always reply I hope Our Air force bombs your entire village with our newest weapon back to the stone age and also fuck you. Add a muslim slander and that is my standard reply.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:29:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By Renegade13B:
If you have to ask.....

Definitely +1000000
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:35:49 PM EST
Anytime you get a call with the deaf relay thing, it's fake.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:38:08 PM EST
Tell them face to face only.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 4:56:16 PM EST
nope go ahead and do it
Top Top