Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 4/2/2002 2:33:30 PM EDT
imported after 89. bayonet and lug removed. fixed 10 round magazine. non folding stock with the pistol grip. I think it's called an ultralight stock.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:38:51 PM EDT
[url]http://www.simonov.net/[/url]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:45:39 PM EDT
[url]http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Gorge/4653/bardsks.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 2:57:39 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 4:27:10 PM EDT
Looks as we have dissenting opinions. If I understand cc48510's reference. the pistol grip style stock would be 1 evil feature and violate the 89 import semi-automatic rules. The more stringent rules of 89 would apply since the weapon is imported. Thus I would have to use a Dragonov style (thumb hole stock). Does anyone produce a "domestic" sks like the domestic AK's?
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:21:06 PM EDT
There are enough US Parts out there to legally make an SKS legal (No longer considered imported) You need to have no more than 10 of the following. Ones Lined out are not in an SKS to the best of my knowledge: (1) Receiver (2) Barrel [s](3) Barrel Extension[/s] (4) Trunion (5) Muzzle Attachment (6) Bolt (7) Bolt Carrier (8) Operating Rod (9) Gas Piston (10) Trigger Housing (11) Trigger (12) Hammer (13) Sear [s](14) Disconnector[/s] (15) Buttstock (16) Pistol Grip (17) Handgaurds (18) Magazine Body (19) Magazine Follower (20) Magazine Floorplate An SKS Stock/Pistol Grip/Handgaurd is a single piece. All the Pistol Grip Stocks are US Made if I remember correctly. So, you already have 3 US Parts. That means you'd most likely only need 5 more to be considered Non-Imported. A US Trigger Assembly is 4 Parts: Trigger, Hammer, Sear, Trigger Housing. Add a US Gas Piston and you are good to go. Also, since the SKS doesn't use a Detachable Magazine, once you bring it below 10 imported parts, you can add any evil features you wish except a detachable magazine. In it's current config, adding a detachable magazine should be OK as long as you replace 2 other parts. Assuming, US (Cobray, USA, or Zytel) Detachable Magazine.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:23:36 PM EDT
Correction to above: #5 is Muzzle Attachment. As long as there is not Muzzle Attachment, you can replace the Trigger Assembly with a US one and you would be good to go. Same goes if you attach a US Brake or Flash Hider.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 6:47:14 PM EDT
can you define trunion and muzzle attachment
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 7:20:58 PM EDT
Trunion is the Block that Contains the rear sight on AKs and SKSes. It has something to do with connecting the barrel to the receiver. Muzzle Attachment simply means a Muzzle Brake, Compensator, Flash Hider, Silencer, or anything else that attaches to the end of the barrel.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 7:31:32 PM EDT
thanks, where would i get a US trigger assembly? also i have an idea for another build up using a wood stock, mind if i e-mail it to you and give me your input?
Top Top