Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2001 6:20:51 AM EDT
My local FFl said that he could get me a XM15E2S A3 20" for $810 or the shorty for $780.  Is this something I should jump on?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:23:12 AM EDT
[#1]
or you could get the LEGP for 660 shipped...
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Price sounds about average.  I'd hit the next Salem gun show and see what those prices look like.  The market is said to be soft on ARs right now. (And I only thought the market was soft on whatever I was looking to sell at the time [:)])

ps. Also check with Roanoke Firearms...their prices are usually very good.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:24:41 AM EDT
[#3]
It's not that good of a deal honestly. I think you can do better.
http://www.aimsurplus.com has the same gun less the A3 upper for $729 or $719. It doesn't cost any more on BM's website for the A3 unless you ad the carry handle.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:25:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Yeah....Cleatus....What he said!
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Buy the AR15.com limited edition rifle.
Support this site that Ed has so wonderfully
given to us.

note:all my posts for today will end with my giving praise to Ed Avila for bring his wonderful site back.While it was down last night I had to troll HK91.com,subguns.com,and AK.net......and I don't like the alternatives
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:33:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Yeah, I thought about the LEGP but I am not a fan of the m4 type.  I can't really buy one until I get a 2g bonus check at the end of the month.  I figured I might put it on lay-way.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Around $800 for a non-sighted AR15 seems to be the going "inexpensive" rate for the complete rifle.  The only option I can think of, off the top of my head, is perhaps a "kit".

The cheapest and easiest option for many people is buying a kit, i.e. everything but the lower receiver - Complete upper, buttstock assembly, and pistol grip.  From good, quality manufacturers like Bushmaster, I'm sure a 20" Flattop (V-Match, etc) shouldn't run too much more than $600.  From Here, a lower and necessary parts from Olympic Arms, Rock River Arms, etc should be about $200 more.  This overall figure adds up to what you are being offered for a complete flattop rifle, which means you are getting a fine deal on a fine gun.

There are many ways to lower prices, i.e. gettin the lower, parts, buttstock, trigger, upper receiver assembly, and barrel all in different shipments.  While this might cut off a small % of your total price, the hassle of assembling everything is sometimes not worth the few bucks you spend buy buying a complete gun, or just snapping a new upper onto a new lower and having the same result.  You should be impressed by the overall quality of this bushmaster (I would recommend the 20" if you plan on mounting optics, as IMHO flattop AR's are designed for longer-range "precision" shooting over Service rifle AR15's, and a 20" will be preferable over a 16" in this case).

[i]Anybody else?[/i]
Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:37:56 AM EDT
[#8]
NOTE:  If you do decide to go 16" flattop, consider looking at our own LEGP rifle, manufactured by Rock River Arms.  The quality is top-notch, at an even more impressive price.

Jewbroni~
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:43:15 AM EDT
[#9]
If you dont like the way it looks, there is a  member on the site doing swap/changes to original legp-many for no cost.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=10183
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:47:11 AM EDT
[#10]
i paid 815 out the door for my xm15e2s.like someone else pointed out to build the exact same gun isnt going to save you much if anything.i wouldnt JUMP ON IT  but thats what your gonna pay for that fine rifle.maby save a few bucks if you find one used.
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 6:56:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm always skeptical to buy a used guns.  90% of the structural integrity of the AR15 will last for decades if taken care of, that's not the issue.  The issue is barrel use.  A "new "rifle is a brand-spankin'-new rifle.  A "used" rifle can be anywhere from 100 to 10,000 rounds put through the thing, which is about as long as the accurized barrel life is worth.

Ask yourself this question:  Spend $100 more and be confident in 10,000+ rounds, or spend $100 less and pay $200 for a new barrel after ?? number of rounds later?
Link Posted: 5/16/2001 7:24:33 AM EDT
[#12]
[url]youngsguns.com[/url]

Copied this from their site. I have bought from them with no problems.
This model ships WITH the detachable carry handle at the price below.  

Item #: PCWA3S-20
Description: BSH E2S-A3 TARGET RFL 223 20IN
Manufacturer: Bushmaster
Model #: E2S Target Model Rifle
Type: Rifle
Finish: Matte Black
Receiver: forward assist, brass deflector
Stock: Black Synthetic
Sights: A3 Sights
Barrel Length: 20"
Overall Length: 38.25"
Weight: 8.37 lbs
Packaging: Black Doskocil Hard Case
Additional Features 1: 1" Black Sling
Additional Features 2: A3 Removeable Carry Handle

Suggested Retail Price: $1,100.00
Your Price: $788.09
Sale Ends: 06/15/01
Available: In stock or available in three days or less
Caliber: 223
Capacity: 10
Action: Semi-Automatic
# of Mags: 1

Link Posted: 5/16/2001 8:03:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Oh wow.
That listing Crookshanks gave you is great.  With a $100 - 150 removable carry handle included, there is no way you'll be able to beat that price.  Sling, magazine, even a case included...

Either this or the LEGP should be your only criteria to go by now [;)]

Jewbroni~
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top