Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/6/2001 4:46:17 PM EDT
A little over two years ago the firm I worked for in Virginia was bought by a Mega Bank in NC.
They moved 30+ people at a cost of 2.5 Million from Chicago and Richmond Va. to Charlotte N.C.

6 Months after we got to NC we were told we still worked for the Home office in Virginia.

3 months ago they spent 1.5 Million to move our now 50+ person department down one floor.

Today I was informed they may want to move us all back to Virginia at a cost of 4MM+...

What a waste of MONEY...
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 4:57:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes it is a waste of money.  But there is a team of "efficiency experts" who have been able to keep their jobs for two more years. [:D]

When in doubt... restructure.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:11:20 PM EDT
[#2]
I hear you Stealth

It just blows my mind that people can waste money this way, Think of all the people you could help with that kind of cash!
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:14:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Just think of the boost to the moving industry. Realtors profit also.
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Reminds me of the transplant back where I used to work at... Not AS bad as far as wasting money, but certainly worse when it came to stupidity among the higher ups.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 5:29:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/6/2001 7:16:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top