Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2005 5:20:26 AM EDT
DO NOT CALL LIST

Just got this in a company e-mail.....is this BS?  Anybody else heard about it?  I sure as hell don't want telemarketers callin' my cell....but I was thinkin' this is ripoff site that makes sure you DO get called if you enter your number.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
no, it's real
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I put my number on it and the call volume has been significantly reduced.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:32:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

So, you were/are getting calls on your cell phone from telemarketers?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:35:29 AM EDT
[#4]
The Do Not Call List has been around for several years.  I got on it about a year ago.  I used to get at least two calls an evening (some where hang ups on regular basis).  Afterh getting on the list, the calls dropped to zero!

Glad I got on it!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:37:34 AM EDT
[#5]
I got a Motorola cell phone.

Settings-

Security-

Incoming calls-

Contact list only.

I get no telemarketers on my cell phone.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:43:13 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Settings-
Security-
Incoming calls-
Contact list only.

That sounds like a nice plan, but what if there is an emergency and a friend/loved one has to contact you from a pay phone or someone's phone that isn't on your list??
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:51:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, you were/are getting calls on your cell phone from telemarketers?

I put  my home number on the list.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:05:02 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Settings-
Security-
Incoming calls-
Contact list only.

That sounds like a nice plan, but what if there is an emergency and a friend/loved one has to contact you from a pay phone or someone's phone that isn't on your list??

They all know the drill. You aint on my list, you dont make my phone ring period.

I do take text messages and emails from anyone though.

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:14:39 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
They all know the drill. You aint on my list, you dont make my phone ring period.

I do take text messages and emails from anyone though.

At least you have a plan.  I was just offering some constructive criticism, take from it what you will.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:23:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
At least you have a plan.  

My plan is, they all know if they are not using their phones, they cant get through. They will need to either send a txt msg froms one elses phone, or send me an email   [email protected].

I can turn it off in amatter of moments, and do when I know someone is going to call that isnt in my book. Other than that I am the Cpt on the Enterprise, "Shields up!".

It is the best option I have ever had in a cell phone. There are no bs phone calls.

And for example that pesky ex? HA! Anem delete and all gets quiet. So nice!

Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:24:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Yep, definitley is real. Got my home number and cell on it. Home number, cannot remember the last I got a telemarketer call. I don't think my cell has been official yet, as I still get them from time to time. Not a telemarketer cal but, I actually got a call one time from some girl saying she was from the Jerry Springer show and they wanted me to come on the show .
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:33:08 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Yep, definitley is real. Got my home number and cell on it. Home number, cannot remember the last I got a telemarketer call. I don't think my cell has been official yet, as I still get them from time to time. Not a telemarketer cal but, I actually got a call one time from some girl saying she was from the Jerry Springer show and they wanted me to come on the show .

That's pretty crazy....
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:43:20 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's pretty crazy....

Yeah I kept getting the calls and missing them, I usually leave my cell in my truck. Finally caught one, I was thinking WTF? She said someone named Quincy left my number for them. Still baffles me, kinda funny though too.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:52:36 AM EDT
[#14]
You guys do realize that it's illegal for telemarketers to call you on your cell phone, right?  It's because of the billing difference between that and a landline phone.  When they call your cell, even though it's their 800 number, you still pay by the minute, where as they pay for it on the landline.  Next time they call your cell, ask them for the company name, and then tell them you're reporting them to the FCC for making telemarketing calls to your cell phone.  They will cross you off their list so fast your head will spin.  A guy I work with uses a cell for a busniess phone, and he did this, and after a short period of time doing this, he doesn't get telemarketing calls on it anymore.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:57:54 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You guys do realize that it's illegal for telemarketers to call you on your cell phone, right?  It's because of the billing difference between that and a landline phone.  When they call your cell, even though it's their 800 number, you still pay by the minute, where as they pay for it on the landline.  Next time they call your cell, ask them for the company name, and then tell them you're reporting them to the FCC for making telemarketing calls to your cell phone.  They will cross you off their list so fast your head will spin.  A guy I work with uses a cell for a busniess phone, and he did this, and after a short period of time doing this, he doesn't get telemarketing calls on it anymore.

This is true.

I had to explain this to SHEISLEGEND.  When they call her she used to get pissed and tell them not to call back.  Now she says, "What company is this?  OK, this is a cell phone and this call is illegal.  If it happens again we'll report you".
Her telemarketer calls are dropping.  I get none.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top