Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/20/2005 1:26:44 PM EDT
My girlfriend left her familys home about a month ago because she felt scared (Of her dad). She won't tell me where she is. I know the name of the Professor she is staying with, and that they're someplace within 500 miles of ohio. The Professor could be working at a local, state, or private college. She hasn't called me back in the past week and a half and I suspect that the professor (Female) is pressuring her to cut off her relationship with me because I'm the last "tie" to the old house.

Any way I can do this?

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:27:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
My girlfriend left her familys home about a month ago because she felt scared (Of her dad). She won't tell me where she is. I know the name of the Professor she is staying with, and that they're someplace within 500 miles of ohio. The Professor could be working at a local, state, or private college. She hasn't called me back in the past week and a half and I suspect that the professor (Female) is pressuring her to cut off her relationship with me because I'm the last "tie" to the old house.

Any way I can do this?

try putting his name in here

www.zabasearch.com

then matching the city and approximate age of the guy
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:29:21 PM EDT
[#2]
DUDE, if she won't tell you where she is..........you looking for her is stalking.

Give it up.

If she doesn't want you to know where she is at move on down the road. You will be glad you did.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:29:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Try ENGRISH in your thread title.  
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
If she is under 18, maybe call the police and let them find the "runaway" - and maybe file charges against an abusive dad (if warranted).

If she is over 18, let her make her own choices (bad or not).

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:32:07 PM EDT
[#5]
There's 163 people with the same name of the professor.

I am going to be busy.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:34:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If she is under 18, maybe call the police and let them find the "runaway" - and maybe file charges against an abusive dad (if warranted).

Type fixed. Whoops, missed that one.

She is over 18. Infact, her birthday is coming up here pretty soon. I'm really freaked out man, that's it.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#7]
if they are a proffesor than it means that they are published.  google their name with academic specific terms like - university, .edu, and other such things.  then just see which university pops up that is in the area- it will have contact info (office numbers/email) on the univesity's website.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:38:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Does the professor resemble Donald Sutherland?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Is the professor named Ward Churchill??  Seriously-if she won't tell you where she is, I doubt very seriously she is just "staying" with the professor. It's probably some long-haired liberal America-hating professor, and young chicks really dig guys like that.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

She is over 18. Infact, her birthday is coming up here pretty soon. I'm really freaked out man, that's it.

I understand that.   I can give the advice, but I'm not sure I would follow it either  

Just don't turn into the "boyfriend stalker"
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:43:15 PM EDT
[#11]
How are we to know it isn't YOU she is fleeing, and not her folks?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I understand that.   I can give the advice, but I'm not sure I would follow it either  

She's staying with you, isn't she?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:45:49 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Is the professor named Ward Churchill??  Seriously-if she won't tell you where she is, I doubt very seriously she is just "staying" with the professor. It's probably some long-haired liberal America-hating professor, and young chicks really dig guys like that.  Sorry.

No.

The Professor's name is Dr Brenda Harris, from her email. She hates hippies, enough said. That's why she's with me.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:46:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
How are we to know it isn't YOU she is fleeing, and not her folks?

She wouldn't send me messages to send to her dad doofus.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

She's staying with you, isn't she?

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:02:31 PM EDT
[#16]
start searching the college webites of the colleges in the area. then when you get a hit search an online phonebook for that city to get his address
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:07:48 PM EDT
[#17]

Extension Nutrition Assistant, Family & Consumer Sciences
[email protected]

you're welcome

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:08:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Any way I can do this?

Leave her alone.  Obviously she doesn't want to be found and obviouly the Professor laying the royal rugged rogering to her doesn't want to be interupted either.  Strap ons work the same way as the meat schlong.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:32:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Faded,
Give her space and yourself some stress relief, write her off for now. If she comes back shes obviously going to do it on her terms , if you pressure her it'll just ruin what feelings she might have for you. Plus if you do contact by doing all types of internet research you look like something of a stalker.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:34:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

LOL
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:34:43 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Any way I can do this?

Seriously what does being fearfull of her father and cutting ties off to you have anything to do with eachother?  Oh wait a minute I see.....you can't always make someone love you, all you can do is pray they panic and give in........
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:35:56 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

LOL

I was waiting for someone to finally pick up on that.

The Force is strong with this one...
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:00:36 PM EDT
[#23]
She called me tonight, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! Excited to hear from her. She's doing fine and is starting college (again) Tuesday.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#24]
FYI I asked her not to tell me where she is, because her dad would email me and ask me where she was, and I didn't want to have to lie to him. I can really say I don't know where she is though
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:22:57 PM EDT
[#25]
dood...

go find a new GF
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:24:42 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
There's 163 people with the same name of the professor.

I am going to be busy.

Google:  Lname, Fname, site:.edu

What does that give you?  

Jim

p.s.--No stalking!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

The Professor's name is Dr Brenda Harris, from her email. She hates hippies, enough said. That's why she's with me.

Any idea of the professor's subject area?  English, Sociology, Psych, etc.?

Looks like you may have already found all you want to know, but if you are still looking...

Jim
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 7:30:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No.

Any idea of the professor's subject area?  English, Sociology, Psych, etc.?

Looks like you may have already found all you want to know, but if you are still looking...

Jim

No, I was really worried that something had happened to her-IE somehad had kidnapped her, robbed, mugged, raped, etc and I was beginning to worry. Some guys tried to rape her when she was younger but her brother saved her and I am always very protective of her when we're together. 2 years, 2 months, and fifteen days until I can protect her with more than my fists and feet .

I have no plans to dump her. She has been through a lot lately and she's a great girl. Dumping her now would makes things far worse than what they already are.

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:07:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Don't worry-she's not getting mugged, she's getting RUGGED!!!  Especially if the professor is not Ward Churchill, or Donald Sutherland!!  Find a new one, dude-she's gone over to the other side!!!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:12:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Stalking is bad. Psycho.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#31]
You need to find a new chick.. Dont let her whip you with the P. There is better out there anyway.

Runaway chick = not worth the effort.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:02:11 PM EDT
[#32]
I heard from her yesterday...she's doing great and is starting college (again) tommorow. She is going to come down to Pensacola and visit me for a few days.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top