Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/26/2009 3:09:08 PM EDT
I frequently need to send text messages to mobile phones in the UK. Doing so from my US cellphone is rather expensive, as overseas text messages are not bundled with my standard monthly access charge. Is there any way to send text messages for cheap or for free via a the internet ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 3:12:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I frequently need to send text messages to mobile phones in the UK. Doing so from my US cellphone is rather expensive, as overseas text messages are not bundled with my standard monthly access charge. Is there any way to send text messages for cheap or for free via a the internet ?
don't have a cell phone, but I do email my GF text messages. I just put the number in the send box and it does it.

Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
don't have a cell phone, but I do email my GF text messages. I just put the number in the send box and it does it.

Cool, I've never tried that... which email softyare do you use, and who is your email service provider ?
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:12:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#4]
sent mass texts off an email account across the country, but not sure internationally.
Link Posted: 1/26/2009 5:16:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Look up the recieving companies website.  Most phone companies websites allow you to send a text right from the site.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top