Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 8:08:44 AM EDT
I had a zombie dream a while back. There were three of us in an urban setting, moving from alley to alley, trying to conserve ammo and avoid being seen.

These were the slow lumbering zombies, so it wasn't too hard to dodge them when needed.

After moving through the city for a while, we ran into another group that was loading supplies into the bed of a pickup. They were glad to see others had survived and offered us a ride outta town.

But that's where things got a little strange.

We needed to stop for gas, and at the station, lo and behold, some zombies came out from the shadows.

Just when we were about open fire a couple started waving their arms and shouting "DON'T SHOOT! DON'T SHOOT! We want to help you!"

We kept our guard as they moved toward the truck. One of them claimed to be the owner of the station and he'd fill our tank for us no charge.

Hmmm, well they weren't attacking so we figured what the hell. Still kept our guard up uf course.

While at the pump one tried to start a conversation with me. Something like " We're not like those others. Sure, we hunger for live brains just like them, but we formed a support group to deal with the cravings."

Well, sure enough, they topped of our tank and let us go without a scratch.

Then things got a little weirder. On the way out of town we came up to a zombie road block. Then looked behind us. More zombies.

We're all thinking "IT'S A TRAP"!

But again they threw their arms up begging us not to shoot. Hmmmm.

The ones at the roadblock were waving us to come forward. Shit. Well maybe they're ok just like at the gas station.

As we pull up a cop zombie walks to the truck and tells our driver to show a licence and proof of insurance before he'd let us by.

Cop zombie started giving him a hard time about his insurance card being expired. As he was fumbling around trying to find his current one, my alarm clock went off and I woke up.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:34:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Dude.  Don't eat so close to bedtime.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#2]
ZOMBIE COP IS A EVIL ONE AND STALLING YOU SO THE OTHER BAD ONES CAN CATCH UP SHOOT HIM AND BREAK OUT!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:40:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Lay off the pipe buddy!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 8:53:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I don't hit the pipe, but I do pretty much hit the sack right after dinner.

Another weird thing I forgot to mention. These "good" zombies liked to smell stuff for some reason.

At the gas station one started sniffing along the barrel of my AR.

Then at the roadblock another one grabbed a bottle of water out of the pickub bed and rolled it in his hands right under his nose.

Maybe I should just lay off the spicy foods at night.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Interesting thought.

In my experience the only good zombie is one with a hole in it's head.

-Arbiter

Edited because of typo.

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:40:52 AM EDT
[#6]
I never remember my dreams so vividly. I found this to be an entertaining story, and would be a neat evolution in a zed storyline. Was I the only one who was playing this out in my head? I got a laugh visualizing the zed sniffing your ar while pumping gas..
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Go watch "Fido".  Not good, really, but tamed to a certain extent.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#8]
a good zombie, is a re-deaded one ofcourse...

i suppose this is a fair progression things though... not only that washed up has-been romero has kinda played with this scenario but for a much better story, check out sharrach's "Nightmare" where the hero of the story is a man whom lost his family and was bitten, but took a massive overload of antibiodics. he still turned but remained sentient and started a one good Zed campaign against the masses of undead...

shadrach has finally finished the story and it's quite good, i reccomend going to the survival / outdoors section and hitting the fiction and literature forum, lots of good stories including many zombie reads...

ETA: also refer to the "relations" thread for other "good" zombies...

K.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 10:12:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I never remember my dreams so vividly. I found this to be an entertaining story, and would be a neat evolution in a zed storyline. Was I the only one who was playing this out in my head? I got a laugh visualizing the zed sniffing your ar while pumping gas..

I actually rarely remember my dreams. The only time I seem to is when I'm woken up in the middle of one.

I probably dream about zombies all the time, but this is the only one I remember.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]
The only good zombie is a DEAD zombie.
-This message brought to you by the Coalition of Shamblers Against Ragers
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:19:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The only good zombie is a DEAD zombie.

THIS

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

K.

Hey, K, that some kind of Virginia speak? LOL

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 1:20:36 PM EDT
[#13]
This was an oops!!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This was an oops!!

Forget to switch off 3rnd burst there? lol

As stated above... Only good zombie is a one that's missing it's head/brain.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:32:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This was an oops!!

Forget to switch off 3rnd burst there? lol

As stated above... Only good zombie is a one that's missing it's head/brain.

Sometimes I get click happy when I scour this forum while working on government time.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:28:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

i suppose this is a fair progression things though... not only that washed up has-been romero has kinda played with this scenario but for a much better story, check out sharrach's "Nightmare" where the hero of the story is a man whom lost his family and was bitten, but took a massive overload of antibiodics. he still turned but remained sentient and started a one good Zed campaign against the masses of undead...

shadrach has finally finished the story and it's quite good, i reccomend going to the survival / outdoors section and hitting the fiction and literature forum, lots of good stories including many zombie reads...

ETA: also refer to the "relations" thread for other "good" zombies...

K.

this
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 6:04:43 AM EDT
[#17]
how the heck do you remember all that? I usually forget my dream some where between the toilet and the shower at 6:30.
And I've been playing Left 4 Dead 2 a lot before bed lately.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

K.

Hey, K, that some kind of Virginia speak? LOL

yup, even a blind hog find an acorn every now and then...

K.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:27:00 PM EDT
[#19]
The movie, "Dead Heat" featured good zombies.

By definition, if it happens in a zombie movie, then it is a legitimate piece of zombie lore.

Of course, I wouldn't presume that any random zombie is a good zombie.  I wouldn't trust his promise to be a good zombie, either:  "Oh, I'm a good zombie.  I won't eat you.  I promise"

So, that begs the question: How do you know that a zombie is a "good" zombie?  It's easy to know after the fact, when he hasn't eaten you.  But who wants to trust him and give him the opportunity where he could eat you?

That's the conundrum:  You can't tell that a zombie is a good zombie until after he's chosen NOT to each you, but that implies that he would have a chance to eat you.  Why give him that chance?
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 1:42:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Bob was a good zombie, remember?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top