Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2009 12:21:31 PM EDT
My old pair of army boots that I use for the field need new soles. The tread is so flat that it wouldnt even pass a test for a tires tread. I want to replace the sole with the same one, #1276 Sierra. The only shop around me that Vibram says is an authorized repair center doesnt do boots!!!! I dont know why the idiots dont do boots when the only thing keeping leesville alive is Ft Polk.

I plan on buying the soles then finding a place that does resoleing.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:24:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait, are you in LA, or Germany? Your flag says DEU.

I can't believe that you only have one cobbler around. You might see about sending it to have them done. Worth it to keep a favorite old pair of boots still going.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:33:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I can't believe that you only have one cobbler around. You might see about sending it to have them done. Worth it to keep a favorite old pair of boots still going.

I am leaving for Germany in June and I hate Ft Polk so much that I changed my tag to DEU.

I have 4 pairs of boots but I only have 1 pair that I am willing to use in heavy mud and in swamp. That is the pair that needs new soles and some work, the entire sole needs to be reglued at the heels.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 12:35:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am leaving for Germany in June and I hate Ft Polk so much that I changed my tag to DEU.

I have 4 pairs of boots but I only have 1 pair that I am willing to use in heavy mud and in swamp. That is the pair that needs new soles and some work, the entire sole needs to be reglued at the heels.

You're telling me you are stationed at Polk but can't find a place to resole your boots? Here at Bragg there are literally hundreds of boot shops that can do this. There has to be a boot shop there. If the issue is you just can't find the sole I am sure you could find it online somewhere and order it and then take it to the local boot guy.

Order sole: http://www.frankfordleather.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=1276&Category_Code=Vibram&Product_Count=16  and take to boot guy. Very simple. I have had several pairs of boots sold when I was in the army.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 1:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
hell,i had the local big box store (meijers) re-sole a pair of redwings for me....and they used vibram soles.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 9:40:35 PM EDT
[#5]
If all else fails you ought to be able to find mountaineering stores in Germany that can do it..

Then again in the good old days of leather mountaineering boots most boot repair places could knock that job out in a few hours.
Link Posted: 4/29/2009 10:18:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Just about any shoe repair place should be able to do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top