Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/31/2004 12:32:13 PM EST
Is there any law preventing me from ordering 8rd SAIGA 12 magazines from overseas?

Any opinions?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:35:14 PM EST
No opinion. I don't want to be part of your court case.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:38:25 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 12:39:59 PM EST by HardShell]
Since I don't know the answer to your question (I have a good idea, but I don't know), I'll piggyback on a barely-related question of my own if you don't mind . (Let me know if you do & I'll remove it. ) I suspect the ones who can answer your question will be the same folks who can answer mine.

Post-sunset, will we be able to upgrade the Saiga shotguns with the AK-esque furniture they wear overseas? Will the "import ban" dictate the installation of a number of US parts in order to use such furniture, or is that only required/possible for the AK rifle variants?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 12:43:16 PM EST
What about if I'm using the standard non-pistol grip stock?

Is there a law about mag fed shotguns with larger than 5 rd capacity? I know that the AWB restricts fixed magazines in semi-auto shotguns in excess of 5 rds but it doesn't mention removable magazines...

Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:06:52 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/31/2004 1:07:19 PM EST by HardShell]

Originally Posted By Bhart89:
What about if I'm using the standard non-pistol grip stock?

Is there a law about mag fed shotguns with larger than 5 rd capacity? I know that the AWB restricts fixed magazines in semi-auto shotguns in excess of 5 rds but it doesn't mention removable magazines...

"(D) a semiautomatic shotgun that has at least 2 of--
"(i) a folding or telescoping stock;
"(ii) a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the
action of the weapon;
"(iii) a fixed magazine capacity in excess of 5 rounds; and
"(iv) an ability to accept a detachable magazine

It mentions them, but just as one "evil feature." Two should be required for it to be prohibited under the soon-to-go-away '94 AWB.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:32:44 PM EST
Thanks for the clarification. So with the current AWB I would probably be ok? And Post AWB I can go pistol grip as long as I meet US parts count requirements?
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 1:35:09 PM EST
It's okay to use them, but getting them shipped from overseas is another situation.

Trade laws and such (not so sure about).
Top Top