Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/28/2014 1:29:00 PM EDT
My dad has 2 really nice vintage Peugeot road bicycles.  They need a minor tune up and some tires.  He wants to sell them but we have no clue on the pricing.  I have found several vintage Peugeot bicycles online and they can cost a pretty penny.  Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert but I do ride and know a little about older bikes.

Based on the center pull brakes, comfort brake levers & stem mounted shifters I'd classify those bikes as middle of the road models and probably aren't worth a lot of effort/money - probably less than $100 each. I could be wrong though. Do you have any used bike stores near you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:39:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Based on the center pull brakes, comfort brake levers & stem mounted shifters I'd classify those bikes as middle of the road models and probably aren't worth a lot of effort/money - probably less than $100 each. I could be wrong though. Do you have any used bike stores near you?
View Quote

Yes.  I told my dad that he needs to get them tuned up and appraised.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:40:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Who manufactured the components and wheels?  

I bought a Peugot bicycle in about 1979.  They had a wide range of models at that time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:42:51 PM EDT
[#4]
The late Sheldon Brown's website is still hosted by his former employer.  You may find some info there:

http://www.sheldonbrown.com/
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 1:43:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the same white one in my shed.  It's a 27 inch.  That is not the original seat.  Original seats were leather.

Not sure what it's worth, as far as bikes go it's old tech for sure.  The frame is steel.  I'm guessing mine was around 1974.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A collector will want them as is.  Looks like gaspipe bikes....$50.00 to $75.00 each.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#7]
They will go for more if you live in an urban area. Would make a good ss/fg conversion
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:55:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Yeah, not worth much, I'm afraid. . .I had a late 80's Rossin. . paid $900 for it in 1987 (didn't include wheels, either). . .sold it about 3 years ago. . . with TWO sets of rims/tires, and a bunch of Campy spare parts (brakes, derrailleurs, etc). . .I think I got $500 out of the deal. . .

I had a top of the line Peugeot bike around 1980. . . all the bolts, screws, etc, were slightly different sizes from the Italian bikes----what a PITA. . . .
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#9]
If they're not cherry PX10's, or PX10E's......

That being said, they're still great rides. Steel is real.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:38:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Who manufactured the components and wheels?  

I bought a Peugot bicycle in about 1979.  They had a wide range of models at that time.
View Quote

I honestly have no clue.  I am going to have to take it to a shop.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Just ask one of the local hipsters, they can tell you everything about your bicycle.

Normally found at a coffee shop or liberal arts college.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Just ask one of the local hipsters, they can tell you everything about your bicycle.

Normally found at a coffee shop or liberal arts college.
View Quote

Lol
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top