Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2017 2:15:43 PM EDT
Want to check the temps of one of our hunting spots in the wilderness. The closest city Is 3,000 feet lower then where we hunt so the temp readings from there aren't very accurate.

Is there a website that will pet me click on an exact spot on a map and get me an accurate reading?
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:21:20 PM EDT
[#1]
No, not that I have found. Weather underground site has listings of people that have personal weather stations so if there is someone nearby your hunting spot you may be good to go. It is live and many tell wind pressure etc wunderground
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, not that I have found. Weather underground site has listings of people that have personal weather stations so if there is someone nearby your hunting spot you may be good to go. It is live and many tell wind pressure etc 
View Quote
Yea it's classified wilderness area so no weather stations setup and the trail head is miles from where we hunt and miles from the closest town.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yea it's classified wilderness area so no weather stations setup and the trail head is miles from where we hunt and miles from the closest town.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No, not that I have found. Weather underground site has listings of people that have personal weather stations so if there is someone nearby your hunting spot you may be good to go. It is live and many tell wind pressure etc 
How would you expect to get weather reports then?  

You should set up a personal weather station and have it send info to your phone.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:32:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You should set up a personal weather station and have it send info to your phone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not well versed in how they track weather. Was hoping a radar or satellite or something would just always be recording weather and I could click on that spot from a google earth type map.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I dunno, this map seems pretty accurate when you turn on the Temperature layer...

intellicast

It's probably as accurate as you're likely to get anyway.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:40:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I dunno, this map seems pretty accurate when you turn on the Temperature layer...

intellicast

It's probably as accurate as you're likely to get anyway.
View Quote
Yea no variation between temps for closest town or our previous years camp.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:44:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'm not well versed in how they track weather. Was hoping a radar or satellite or something would just always be recording weather and I could click on that spot from a google earth type map.
View Quote
all you'll get are cloud and maybe precipitation.  anything more than a vaguely educated guess at temp requires having thermometers locally.

eta: you can make a rough guess by subtracting ~5.5* F per thousand feed of elevation from the nearest town's temp for dry air.  use 3.5*/1k feet for more moist air.  this is not an exact measurement at all.  it's a ballpark at best.
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:46:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:47:05 PM EDT
[#9]
http://www.countryfarm-lifestyles.com/
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:56:51 PM EDT
[#10]
I use this (NWS) - clickable map. It seems to extrapolate for areas that dont have their own sensors.  Map is on middle right side.

National Weather Service
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 2:58:06 PM EDT
[#11]
How to use the FishFinder app on iphone
Link Posted: 4/17/2017 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Check area METAR, triangulate, divide by 3 and get a mean average. Close enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top