Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2009 1:37:33 PM EDT
So, I recently worked with a guy who claims to have been an officer for ten years, worked undercover with DEA, worked on a SWAT team, etc...  Also supposedly owns a Ferrari, M3, and Jaguar, but drives to work in a 1980's Toyota Celica.  When asked what model of Ferrari he owns, he says "an old one".

Claiming to have cars that you don't really have is one thing, but this guy claiming LEO/military experience that I don't think he has is pissing me off.  Is there some way I can check this guy's supposed law enforcement background out?  Thanks for your help!
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:43:21 PM EDT
[#1]
if you think he is full of shit, he probably is, so really don't worry your self with this looser. he is not worth your time
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:43:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone in the Mil will have a DD214 and LEO's will have their old paystubs from their Depts. Ask him what Dept he worked for and they should have some record of his employment.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:43:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Google him and see if anything pops up.  It's hard for a cop not to end up in a publication somewhere.  

What department did he claim to work for?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:51:19 PM EDT
[#4]
I've never understood the bother of going to such lengths to out a poser. Why waste the time?  You already know he's a lying dirtbag, so just avoid him.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:53:44 PM EDT
[#5]
The thing is, if I work on this project again, I'll be working directly with this guy for about three months.  Just me and him, working together.  I won't be able to avoid him.  And he talks about this stuff CONSTANTLY.

ETA:  He supposedly worked for the Vallejo, California Police Department.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:11:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The thing is, if I work on this project again, I'll be working directly with this guy for about three months.  Just me and him, working together.  I won't be able to avoid him.  And he talks about this stuff CONSTANTLY.

ETA:  He supposedly worked for the Vallejo, California Police Department.

Ask him if he ever whent onto Mare Island or what town it was by, FYI, its a naval base (closed since '95) that is attached to Vallejo, my father was a LT. on their police dept.  He always said they had a strict rule of NEVER allowing Vallejo officers onto the island.

IM me if you want to know more!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top