Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/12/2007 4:09:08 PM EDT
The back of my house is being invaded on 3 sides by the neighbors trees and bushes. I am getting tired of trimming my side every year. I end up spending a couple of weekends a year doing it.

I really want to jump over the fence and freakin cut back everything.

How should I approach my neighbors concerning this problem. I kinda think that if they have let it go so long they won't really care what I say.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:37:32 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
MYOB

Make Your Own Beer?

Mind your own business.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:39:45 PM EDT
[#2]
You will need:

1. 1 x Full size sheet of 1/4 inch 4x8 plywood
2. 1 x can of spray paint (your choice of color)
3. 1 x  2x4
4. 1 x Circuar saw
5. 1 x hammer
6. 4 x nails

First cut 2x4 in half, sharpen ends into stakes, nail to plywood so a sign is formed. Spray paint "INSERT NEIGHBORS LAST NAME HERE clean up your mess". Add a little arrow if you so desire.

Hammer your sign (in your yard) point toward there yard so everyone passing your house on t he street can see.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I had a neighbor that planted some 4ft pine trees right on the property line. well within a year they were 1/2 on my property and were beginning to dominate that section of my yard.  I crossed the LOD @ 0200 local armed with a garden trowel and a 5lbs bag od salt. Scoopt out some dirt, pour in some salt. repeat for each tree and cover over with needles. tree's were brown in a week without the possible danger to pets and the lawn that comes with concentrated round-up.

im a holistic plant murderer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:56:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess it depends on the relationship you have with your neighbors. On one side I mow the older guy's yard unless he beats me to it with his riding mower. He knocked on the door one night and handed me a bottle of Crown. On the other side he's in a wheelchair so she does most of the yard work. I wouldn't have a problem at all helping keep things trimmed. Then again, I like my neighbors.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:13:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Call the cops. Call the HOA. Set their yard on fire. Beat them to death.

Do whatever you can to ensure that you can enjoy their property.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
MYOB

Make Your Own Beer?

Mind your own business.

no, i like the beer idea better
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top