Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2007 4:09:08 PM EDT
The back of my house is being invaded on 3 sides by the neighbors trees and bushes. I am getting tired of trimming my side every year. I end up spending a couple of weekends a year doing it.

I really want to jump over the fence and freakin cut back everything.

How should I approach my neighbors concerning this problem. I kinda think that if they have let it go so long they won't really care what I say.

Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:37:32 PM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:

Originally Posted By Paveway_:
MYOB

Make Your Own Beer?

Mind your own business.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:39:45 PM EDT
You will need:

1. 1 x Full size sheet of 1/4 inch 4x8 plywood
2. 1 x can of spray paint (your choice of color)
3. 1 x 2x4
4. 1 x Circuar saw
5. 1 x hammer
6. 4 x nails

First cut 2x4 in half, sharpen ends into stakes, nail to plywood so a sign is formed. Spray paint "INSERT NEIGHBORS LAST NAME HERE clean up your mess". Add a little arrow if you so desire.

Hammer your sign (in your yard) point toward there yard so everyone passing your house on t he street can see.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:42:25 PM EDT
I had a neighbor that planted some 4ft pine trees right on the property line. well within a year they were 1/2 on my property and were beginning to dominate that section of my yard. I crossed the LOD @ 0200 local armed with a garden trowel and a 5lbs bag od salt. Scoopt out some dirt, pour in some salt. repeat for each tree and cover over with needles. tree's were brown in a week without the possible danger to pets and the lawn that comes with concentrated round-up.

im a holistic plant murderer.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 4:56:03 PM EDT
I guess it depends on the relationship you have with your neighbors. On one side I mow the older guy's yard unless he beats me to it with his riding mower. He knocked on the door one night and handed me a bottle of Crown. On the other side he's in a wheelchair so she does most of the yard work. I wouldn't have a problem at all helping keep things trimmed. Then again, I like my neighbors.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:13:49 PM EDT
Call the cops. Call the HOA. Set their yard on fire. Beat them to death.

Do whatever you can to ensure that you can enjoy their property.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 5:14:59 PM EDT

Originally Posted By twonami:

MYOB

Make Your Own Beer?

Mind your own business.

no, i like the beer idea better
Top Top