Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2006 7:09:26 AM EDT
Time for a chuckle at my expense: first a little background my 13 year old rottweiler has diabetes, so I’m required to give her .5 cc of humiln N twice a day. This morning during my typical frantic dash to get to work less late than I did the day before I was giving my dog her shot (the one thing I don’t rush through in the morning is her shot) every thing goes fine but when I pulled the needle out it was bent at roughly a 90degree angle (while this has happened before, I still don’t know why it happens) it went in fine with no resistance and I didn’t notice anything unusual about it coming out either, other than it being bent. Then I did my Darwin maneuver of the morning, for some reason I went to re-cap the syringe I know you should never do it, but for some reason I do it sometimes, and this morning was one of those times, anyway as I’m putting the cap on the needle catches on the inside and goes right through the side wall of the cap in to my finger!

It was a very superficial prick (kind of like a jersey Guido, ha-ha) and there was no blood of any king coming out of my finger.

So is there any thing I should be worried about besides trying to lick my balls, or hump my wife’s leg  which are both pretty normal occurrences for me     JK (kind of)

Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:21:58 AM EDT
[#1]
shameless bump, no doctors? in the house should i be concerned about any thing?
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#2]
if its not tainted with the virus that causes aids you'll be ok the rest of that stuff you can get rid of eventually
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
DON'T EVER RECAP A NEEDLE THAT U HAVE JUST INJECTED. You will probably be fine, keep an eye on the sight for possible infection though.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:33:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
DON'T EVER RECAP A NEEDLE THAT U HAVE JUST INJECTED. You will probably be fine, keep an eye on the sight for possible infection though.

There is nothing wrong with recapping a syringe, I just would not hold the cap when you do it.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Im no DR but you should be fine.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 8:50:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
....as I’m putting the cap on the needle catches on the inside and goes right through the side wall of the cap in to my finger!

You'll have "Doggie AIDS" within the month!
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]
If you find that you suddenly have the ability to lick your junk, be concerned.

...or maybe not
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:01:58 AM EDT
[#8]
You now have teh AID
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:06:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Greetings.

Don't lose any sleep.  Fortunately, cross species contamination is difficult at best. Clean the wound well, and forget about it.  If the area gets swollen, red, inflammed, or drains pus, you might have a local infection, and need some antibiotics, but your chances of getting a canine disease are essentially zero.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:14:05 AM EDT
[#10]
At least if a new strain of "Dog" H5N1 flu outbreaks in the next few days, we'll be able to know the prime vector was you.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:26:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Ready for a serious reply? No worries.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 9:28:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Greetings.

Don't lose any sleep.  Fortunately, cross species contamination is difficult at best. Clean the wound well, and forget about it.  If the area gets swollen, red, inflammed, or drains pus, you might have a local infection, and need some antibiotics, but your chances of getting a canine disease are essentially zero.

But just remember, there had to be a patient zero when HIV jumped from monkies.  
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:20:43 AM EDT
[#13]
definatly having psycosymatic symtoms in that arm all day, just my mind playing tricks on me but every little ach and twing has me worried, i'll get over it, thanks for the reassurance.
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:27:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
definatly having psycosymatic symtoms in that arm all day, just my mind playing tricks on me but every little ach and twing has me worried, i'll get over it, thanks for the reassurance.

when you start tossing your dog's salad, you'll know its too late
Link Posted: 2/14/2006 11:31:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
If you find that you suddenly have the ability to lick your junk, be concerned.

...or maybe not

LMAO.

The first line made my laugh......the second made me spit on my computer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top